Mystery death advice

sabre

I had about 38 plants.

Sour diesel and aroura indica fem seeds.

I used fox farms ocean forest soil and fox farm nutes.

1000 Watt HM lamp.

About a week into flower a few died off.

I did some transplanting.

One by one each plant wilted and died within a few days.

I am left with 4 surviving plants.

No pests and i even did a few tests and flushed with peroxide to rule out fungus gnat lava on the roots.

No white power mildew or spider mites either.

Re: Mystery death advice:

Fox farms soil has nutes in it already. You shouldn't need to add nutes for like 3 months. And then just a little, like 25%.

Re: Mystery death advice:

Temp 75 degrees. Humidity 50% to 70%.

Feeding schedule according FF schedule.

The die off was gradual one by one not all at once.

The FF feeding schedule was the only nute used followed to the exact amounts on the FF feeding schedule.

PH normal 6-7.

Watering very lightly and using a meter.

I would say maybe once every 5 to 6 days tops and not soaking, just a few cups.

Filtered tap water.

You guys may think I'm nuts but I think the batch of seeds was defective and caused the plants to die off at a premature age.

if the root knot is odd color You got root rot (too much water and high nitrogen) with the high humidity most likely or the peroxide killed them. fox farm Ocean Forest needs to be cut 50% with some kind of grow stones. Or 50/50 Ocean forest and Light Warrior Or 420 Formula. good soil for growing cannabis needs to drain fast. forget the fox farm chemicals and go true organic like Roots Organic line, Vital Earth, Just rite X, Earth Juice, Coco mix is lighter and mixes good with Ocean Forest. :headbanger:
:nomo: I hope you have better luck next round :yikes: My buddy does the fox farm thing but adds clay pebbles "hydroton" and the small rock wool cubes with great success. Also pots help get some cloth or air pots the dry faster in less than perfect conditions. you can add earth worms they aerate soil.

No root rot or over watering.

2 plants seemed to not dry out well during the flush between veg and flower.

Are you suggesting FF caused my plant death?

Please explain.

So you're watering about once a week, a couple cups of water? What size pots are you using? Do you see runoff every time you water? A couple cups of water every 5-6 days doesn't seem like enough to me for a budding plant.

You said you have 4 plants left. Are these plants looking healthy or do they show some symptoms the others had? Could you post pictures of the ones that are still going?

I will get some pics.

They're sleeping now.

A few yellow leaves is all.

They are the survivors.

Sizes were 2 and 3 gallon pots.

Again...I used a moisture meter and did not water until they were dry.

I did not ALWAYS check for run off.

The plants looked fine, next day wilted, next day dead.

I did a batch prior to this and only lost 2 plants and battled spider mites and white power mildew still came out fine.

This time I'm lost.

My guess would be thrips. They are freaking tiny and very hard to find. Think of a grain of salt, cut in half.. thats about the size of them..

I have had them in the past, my plants looked the same, pretty much started from the bottoms and within a day to a few days whole plants were dead. I didn't know I had them until I was trimming what was left and I saw them on the large mirror I trim on...

take your plant and shake it over a mirror and see if you see some tiny little lines running around... Another sign is a clear waxy slime look to the tops of the leaves sometimes with black dots in it.

Not sure if that is what you have, but would make sense and my plants looked very similar to that.

I could only water once a week with Ocean Forest I never dries and watched many plants become fertilizer over night. I use silica stones, extra perlite, grow stones big and small, reused rock wool small chunks, and coco cubes all added to my soil. I water every other day when the plant is fully rooted.

I inspected the plants thoroughly and there is no evidence of thrips.

From what I read they're similar to spider mites which I had before.

By request pics of 4 surviving plants.

Thrips theory is not likely since 4 plants remain untouched while the rest have all died.

By request pics of 4 surviving plants.

Thrips theory is not likely since 4 plants remain untouched while the rest have all died.

I've had thrips attack 1 plant at a time and slowly progress across my grow, well not slowly but within a week a plant can go from healthy to dead. Thats why I suggested it because it was very similar symptoms as my grow but if you don't see any thrips, glossy greish saliva like patches on tops of leaves, or little black dots (their poop) on the undersides of the leaves, then its not thrips.

Another thought is it could be something like a soil/root fungal problem like fusarium. Do you let your soil dry completely before watering? Have you pulled the roots out to see if they are vast root masses or weak, healthy white or off color? Fungus reproduces by spores and it might be possible they are moving from plant to plant. Are the plants getting effected upwind and is the disease/rot/wilt moving downwind? this might be a good clue as well? any pattern to which plants are being effected, like are they next to each other? or in order?

Back
Top Bottom