Need help understanding COB-LED vs normal LED

Look at the migro led they are pricey but will work very well.

Most of the reviews on Migro seem to be Migro themselves.....and the independent reviews seem to be no great shakes. My understanding is that they run their lights at 100w......they are essentially a cob.....the lens is quite nifty.....think I will stick to Cree, Vero or citizen and build myself, run softly. On one of the Migro videos, they lay out research done by Utah University on spectrum.....interesting.....flower still indicated at 3000 and 3500 as relatively optimal.

food for thought,

Migro uses Luminus COBs, you can get Luminus COBS for $19 each. They are a tad smaller then what Migro uses, but, they are the same exact COB spectrum and build.

You can also get the lenses they use.

Im building one this week actually. 4 Luminus, 3500-90cri, for a 2x2, but will be using Lidelangalina reflectors.

averages out to about $62 per light complete. includes parts and driver division.

a Migro 400 cost is $840, No fancy frame, but your pretty dang close with this setup for $250 range,

True story

Home build seems the way to go unless you have ten thumbs and a healthy budget. My problem is getting hold of the components here in South Africa.....import hassle, import tax and exchange rate etc. Local suppliers want to supply ready built and are reluctant to supply individual components.....I'm looking at Cutter, Rapidled and Digikey. I want to build 2 lights.........one cob frame (12 or 16) and one frame with Samsung HB24 B's strips (10 x 1120mm)

Mountain Goat, could you get around some of the fees and hassle by having someone assemble the components out of country and ship them to you person to person as a gift? Maybe use PayPal after arrival to send money? Do you have family out of SA?

Back
Top Bottom