Need help

Okay it is a clone off of of Kush that was grown hydroponically my dad switched it to soil just miracle grow potting soil an some stuff that he said was pretty much cow shit lol he used miracle grow stuff in his water an called it blue water is all I know. But we had some that was thriving I mean they was growing like crazy so I know it works cause I still have all his equipment he was home all day so he watered as needed 24 hour lights this plant he put on sun cycle about 10 weeks ago I don't really know what he done he just started teaching me but he was amazing at the things he could grow and clone

Ok, that's a good start.

Many here are not big fans of the Miracle Grow potting mix, at least the stuff that has fertilizers added to it. They are basically in a slow release format and you don't know what's being released when and it can mess up other nutes you may be using.

The cow manure suggests you wanted this to be an organic grow, or do you not necessarily care about that?

The first task is going to be to change your light schedule back to at least 18/6 and focus on building good roots. Are you going to continue on in soil?

Yes it's been mostly organic an I got a new organic soil mixed for cannabis when I did the new pot in i mixed it with what was already in it. It's called purple cow the leaves are curling an turning yellow but recently started to droop

Many strains of cannabis have an 8-10 week flowering period after which they shut down and die, although we usually harvest before the absolute end. You said your father switched them to a sun schedule about 10 weeks ago, so time is almost up for this plant in this stage.

The end is what you are trying to prevent by changing the light schedule back to veg to see if you can get the roots to start growing again. Can you get it back to a longer light schedule, and assuming so, what are you using for grow lights?

He had LED long lights like shop lights or grow lights now idk as far as the models an all that
Ok, I'm assuming you have them on a timer? If so, set them to the new schedule.

Has the plant been in that big container for the whole 10 weeks?

IMG_20220410_123647038.jpg

Hello @This is for you and :welcome: to :420:
Sorry for your loss. Continuing a line of clones off this plant is a lovely idea and I’d like to help.

Is this a special plant you want to keep alive for some reason? Revegging is a very difficult thing to do but some have had success with it.

The plant does all the work. Honestly, there’s no heavy lifting ;)

I’ve revegged a couple of plants in the past. I’ve also lost one I tried for. As far as I can tell a plant either will or it won’t.

It is well worth a try!

When you see new vegetative growth it will come out of flowers. It’s strange to see.

It’s a bold call, but to prep that plant for a reveg I would harvest most of it first. I would leave half a dozen of the lowest flowers and their associated leaves and remove the rest.

Then I would remove the light timer altogether and leave it switched on 24 hours a day. If you can keep her alive and even healthy for six weeks or more you will most likely get new shoots produced which can then be cut and cloned.

Keeping her healthy is going to be the trick. I suggest boosting the myco’s in the soil by sprinkling it on and spritzing it in. Your plant won’t transpire much without a lot of leafy material so it will not be drinking much either. Try not to (over)water it, but spritz the surface of the soil so it doesn’t dehydrate. The myco (a specific cannabis friendly fungus) is going to work for you below ground.

I know @PotChimp has a lot of experience revegging plants and might have something to add. :ciao:

:peace::cool:

This is where I left a flower at the end of a branch and after a while on 24/0 light leaves and shoots came out of the flower.

Now, when I look at the dates on those pictures it looks like that first photo is what happened to this one...

Maybe leave as much on your plant as you can? There isn’t much of her already.
Hmm. :nerd-with-glasses: Your call.

Take the timer off the lights for now so she doesn’t get dark again and wait and see what folk come back with over the next day or two as far as any pruning goes?

Do you have any jars or packets of any myco products anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom