Need some guidance from some pros!

tallboy2023

Mt first grow is going very well, but a couple of my plants seems to be bonsai style. They lol good but they tiny! I think I overwatered and over trained when they were young. Seems like soul won't fully dry out either after watering. Should I just let them go and see what happens? Should I transplant into fresh soil? Any guidance would be great. Thanks!

1E5E442E-EE08-4853-A8EC-DB76DC2B8ACA.jpeg

578E72EE-AB0C-4457-8AC6-9629ACD7D6D7.jpeg

81700400-F5EA-4006-AF5F-078B14C8F34B.jpeg

Plant them higher in the buckets, makes them look bigger...😁👍
Overwatering can stunt them, but so can a lot of stuff, PH lockout etc but they look healthy as, so must be something else, maybe they don't like being so deep in the bucket...and chucked the shits.
👍
LR72.

A buddy of mine convinced me to plant them lower, but he has weak lights, and his plants tend to stretch a ton is what I have now realized. Going forward I will obviously plant them higher, but what should I do right now? I have two others that are huge. I'm setting up a second tent today to move the two smaller stunted ones into and let them veg little longer, but I'm just trying to figure out if there's anything else I should do.

A buddy of mine convinced me to plant them lower, but he has weak lights, and his plants tend to stretch a ton is what I have now realized. Going forward I will obviously plant them higher, but what should I do right now? I have two others that are huge. I'm setting up a second tent today to move the two smaller stunted ones into and let them veg little longer, but I'm just trying to figure out if there's anything else I should do.
The trick with 'buddies' is they all know how to grow better than you.lol
You can raise that plant in the bucket, push the sides of the buckets to loosen. Put your palm on top of the medium, turn upside down and tap it once , well, on the pot bottom.
Plant should release itself. Then sit it somewhere, upright or on it's side while you fill the bucket with more medium, then just replant and give it a feed, job done.👍

If you learn from your mistakes, it's not mistakes.... it's a learning curve.

Stretch is stretch, pgr's help but I won't use them.

Your on the right track, have a bit of confidence in yourself, some plants are just pains in the arse. Lol

LR72.

Based on my research, looks like a little algae. How should I address it?

Its normal in soil even in coco sometimes when its been over watered.
Its not going to hurt much let the soil dry out some if it is soil.
search @Emilya Green she has a great thread on hand watering potted plants.

yeah plants do not grow well in a bowl, there’s no air moving… ditto transplant and set her higher in the bucket.

don’t chase the algae problem in soil, it’s a microorganism in its own right. If you were hydro then hydrogen peroxide mixed with water does the trick but that same peroxide kills good and bad micro life in your soil…

I used to use five gallon pails as pots too.
They sometimes take too long to dry out. Depends upon the plants size,vigor etc. Sometimes the plant suffers from having wet feet for too long.
Having sharper draining soil can help. Just add some extra perlite or pumice.

Your plants look nice.

grow looks good. add some soil as others have mentioned.

white pots can promote the algae and root rot. it will also retard root development. black is the best color to go with, after that any other color other than white.

Welcome to 420 Magazine :ciao:
Spray glue & tinfoil, to black out those pots

Back
Top Bottom