New and excited to be here!

Welcome, Ele.

There are a number of us here growing organic in all kinds of different ways. How do you like to do it?
Thank you it's great to hear there are some organic growers in here!!

I started using Earth Dust but switched to Gaia recently due to Eart Dust closing shop. Gaia has been great on my last and current grow.
I do the typical topdressing with Gaia 444 and 284 and EWC.
I alternate weekly SST be it barley, corn or alfa alfa.
Combine that with a fresh aloe drench once a week.
Recharge once a week and molasses in between.
I'm still new and learning only been a year but after a completely failed first grow to my current grow its a huge step forward!
I'll attach a video of the current grow.
The flowering plants are autos (last run of autos I'll be doing).
The plants just flipped to flower are Ethos Mandarin Cookies V2, Mandarin Bubba and Booberry.
And finally the young plants in veg are the Ethos 6 pack End Game

Here are a few pictures of the current grow.
I would love hear any advice on drying, I feel like that's the area I lack in the most.

20221214_190452.jpg

20221214_190444.jpg

20221214_190436.jpg

20221214_190427.jpg

20221214_145759.jpg

20221214_084037.jpg

20221214_162808.jpg

20221213_101011.jpg

20221212_124756.jpg

20221212_124535.jpg

Welcome! Gorgeous plants.. What do you do for myco cuz it sounds like you’re running bacteria heavy with all the molasses and recharge? If I don’t give myco time to establish, and feed it, the bacteria crushes it.

As far as drying.. I like to cut all the fan leaves off before I even cut the plant down, about a day or two before. I leave sugar leaves until about 24-48 hours after cutting the plant down. I keep it in a dark room at 67.5 F and below and around 50 rh.. I make sure the air is flowing below and above the hanging buds.. this dries them evenly and keeping it below 68 prevents terpene destruction.

Welcome! Gorgeous plants.. What do you do for myco cuz it sounds like you’re running bacteria heavy with all the molasses and recharge? If I don’t give myco time to establish, and feed it, the bacteria crushes it.

As far as drying.. I like to cut all the fan leaves off before I even cut the plant down, about a day or two before. I leave sugar leaves until about 24-48 hours after cutting the plant down. I keep it in a dark room at 67.5 F and below and around 50 rh.. I make sure the air is flowing below and above the hanging buds.. this dries them evenly and keeping it below 68 prevents terpene destruction.
Hey Keffka,
I usually cook the soil for 2 to 3 weeks and add Azos and Mykos while cooking and then again at the time of each transplant. Not sure if I should be adding more but the Earth Dust had fungi and bacteria in the ammendment and I know Gaia green doesn't.

Hey Keffka,
I usually cook the soil for 2 to 3 weeks and add Azos and Mykos while cooking and then again at the time of each transplant. Not sure if I should be adding more but the Earth Dust had fungi and bacteria in the ammendment and I know Gaia green doesn't.
Don’t bother adding myco while you’re cooking, it’s just gonna burn it out and you’ll be left with nothing after the cook. Use it when you first plant (I roll my seeds in it and sprinkle some into the hole), and then again each transplant put some in the hole so the roots come into contact with it. I also like to brush it directly on to the root ball itself during transplant. Myco needs direct contact with the roots to be able to live.

Once you’ve got myco up and running strongly it will provide up to 50% of your P requirement to your plants by itself. That doesn’t even touch on all the other nutrients, plus, myco breaks down organic matter into chunks that bacteria can then digest.

I learned this the hard way lol

Don’t bother adding myco while you’re cooking, it’s just gonna burn it out and you’ll be left with nothing after the cook. Use it when you first plant (I roll my seeds in it and sprinkle some into the hole), and then again each transplant put some in the hole so the roots come into contact with it. I also like to brush it directly on to the root ball itself during transplant. Myco needs direct contact with the roots to be able to live.

Once you’ve got myco up and running strongly it will provide up to 50% of your P requirement to your plants by itself. That doesn’t even touch on all the other nutrients, plus, myco breaks down organic matter into chunks that bacteria can then digest.

I learned this the hard way lol
Got it, I'll just stick to using it during transplants thanks for the advice.

Hope everyone is doing well, call me Alex. I am finishing up my first year of growing medical cannabis for personal use and excited to learn everything I can from you guys. I grow organic only if anyone needs help or has any questions on growing organic I'd be happy to help.
Hey Alex, I'm on my first organic grow. I'm sure I'll have a few questions for you as I go along

Hope everyone is doing well, call me Alex. I am finishing up my first year of growing medical cannabis for personal use and excited to learn everything I can from you guys. I grow organic only if anyone needs help or has any questions on growing organic I'd be happy to help.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend, :welcome: hope everything is going well.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @elementhc

Nice looking garden you have there.
What are the strains?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @elementhc

Nice looking garden you have there.
What are the strains?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thank you Tokin,
The plants late in flower are all autos.
GG4 auto, GSC auto, Bruce Banner auto and Blueberry auto.

The big plants just flipped to flower are Ethos Mandarin cookies V2, Booberry and Mandarin Bubba.

The smaller plants in veg are the Ethos End Game 6 pack.

Thank you Tokin,
The plants late in flower are all autos.
GG4 auto, GSC auto, Bruce Banner auto and Blueberry auto.

The big plants just flipped to flower are Ethos Mandarin cookies V2, Booberry and Mandarin Bubba.

The smaller plants in veg are the Ethos End Game 6 pack.
Can't wait to see/hear how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom