New growth bright yellow!

ElementsOfLife

420 Member
Hi guys. New member to 420 here.
So I'm having some head scratching issues. My seedlings are about 2weeks old since breaking soil and all new growth coming in is very yellow. On some their almost white.
Blueberry
Amended coco. Mo Koko
Gaia green organic dry nutes 4.4.4.
Added green sand and kelp meal
Watering at 6.8ph
Lights under meizhi 450w at 24"

My guesses are the pH is to high still or the nutes are not available yet because I didn't cook the organic soil first.
Please help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190403_205047_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    Screenshot_20190403_205047_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 66
Welcome @ElementsOfLife I'm new and I don't know much but that looks like light burn to me. 24" under 200w (that Meizhi pulls 200w from the wall) for a seedling sounds pretty close, but I see that is what they recommend.

Otherwise I'd say you are prolly on with the ph or lack of nutes, do you have something to check the ph?

I have meter to test the water but not the soil, I water with 6.8, usualy I use amended peat moss and never had this issue but now I'm using amended coco so not sure what's going on. I only have the veg switch on so it's not even drawing 200watts from the wall st the moment

Hmm well I'm stumped, lets stay tuned for some smart folks to wander in, they are all smoking pot so the attention gap is a bit longer from time to time around here lol ;)

In the meantime I might be tempted myself to jack that light up 6 inches and see how the girls react.

Slowly coming back, just lowered PH to 6.5 and moved light up more

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190407_223440_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190407_223440_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20190407_223433_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190407_223433_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 65
Slowly coming back, just lowered PH to 6.5 and moved light up more
Hey, just throwing my 2 cents in. I agree it might be pH, however, I have a different theory.

There is a possibility that its a Magnesium deficiency. Here's why I think that:
  1. Mg is responsible for supporting healthy veins, maintaining leaf structure & production, and is required for chlorophyll production.
  2. SOME of the symptoms of Mg deficiency are as follows:
    1. Veins remain green while rest of the leaf yellows (chlorosis); and stems and petioles turn purple.
  3. So, since these are the case, looking at your plant, I see these exact symptoms.
  4. BeanTownFan420 is probably correct, in that the symptoms of Mg deficiency are just that, symptoms, and the pH is the source. If your pH doesnt sit between typically 6ish and 6.5ish, your plants will lockout certain nutes, Mg is among the first to go along with the other Micro's.
If you wanna try for just the Mg, use Epsom salts. They bring large amounts of Mg. Use it as a foliar spray at 1tsp per gallon. If not, Ca-Mg is most recommended.

Just a couple of thoughts for you.

Cheers!
Obadiah

Back
Top Bottom