New Guy

GPCannabis

Read I am supposed to introduce myself. Hello ✌🏻

Found myself here researching information about growing, which realistically will be my main goal here.

I live in a cannabis illegal state. Many years ago I crushed a few vertebrae in my neck, have torn and separated both shoulders, also have either a neurological or autoimmune issue which really sucks…a lot. 4 years ago at the advice of my wife and friends I tried some of my buddies medical cannabis that he uses for MS…the rest is history.

I live an extremely active lifestyle, work a lot, have a lot going on. Yet, I am cursed with feeling like I inhaled poisonous fumes and was in a high speed car accident every day if my life.

4 years ago when I started using cannabis the relief was beyond words. A life changer. A life saver. I am sick of driving to legal states so I am taking a stab at growing. I started with simple bag seeds, just wanted practice germinating, growing seedlings, getting to vegetation, etc. I currently have Purple Diesel and OG Kush growing. I do understand that I have no clue what pollenated them, what their sex will be, etc. Just using this as a chance to build some knowledge.

I ordered in a bag of African Black Magic seeds that I will hopefully successfully grow and document here.

I have found Sativa, high THC, Caryophellene, Myrcene, Limonene, Humulene, (spelling is likely wrong on some of that) are the ticket for me. Not certain of the exact terpene profile in Black African Magic, none the less it sounds right up my alley.

If I can pull this off I will continue to grow, and of course, will post here.

To get us started meet Frank (OG Kush) and Loyd (Purple Diesel), their brother Wright was not alright and did not survive more then a few weeks as a seedling 🙁

A43DFD44-A1D0-4FA2-AA52-11ADC4324E71.jpeg

Welcome CPCannabis! many of us are a little banged up here and found this natural helper the best bet. You will have a successful grow.
Give us more information and make a grow journal so we can follow along. Mine are below with the beating hearts. Anyway, keep from watering and wetting the leaves when the light is on. It burns them. I think I see that going on, or is that reflection?
So what will you be using for medium? Feeding? Tent? Light? Why do you think the last one didn't make it?

Welcome CPCannabis! many of us are a little banged up here and found this natural helper the best bet. You will have a successful grow.
Give us more information and make a grow journal so we can follow along. Mine are below with the beating hearts. Anyway, keep from watering and wetting the leaves when the light is on. It burns them. I think I see that going on, or is that reflection?
So what will you be using for medium? Feeding? Tent? Light? Why do you think the last one didn't make it?
Hello,

Thanks for the reply 🤙🏻

I have never grown a thing in my life 😂
I do however read a lot 😏 and have been consuming as much info as possible to try and get myself moving asap.

I had been collecting seeds on the rare occasion I found them. The one that died was from several ounces of Gas Station Sushi by High Supply ( one of my favorites so I have gone thru a lot). I had several Gas Station Sushi seeds I have found over the years, only one germinated. I think those seeds probably did not have a chance, they were all pale and very small, likely would never survive.

I definitely sprayed the leaves with the lights on. So do not do this with the light on? However, with light off that is ok?

I have Fox Farms Happy Frog along with Fox Farm Nutrients that I will use for Black African Magic. Was going to use a GE 32 W Grow light, possibly two.

Right now I am growing in my kitchen, we have spray insulation in our house, it stays right at 69/70 degrees with about 45/50 % humidity, the window is large and faces south, I have the light timer set to shit off at sunset, then turn back on 6 hours later. So there is 18/6 for light/dark. I also have a mini fan running at low speed so there is always a light brerze.

If possible I would like to grow outside a tent. However, if I do end up going with a tent I will likely build my own.

Thanks for the help 👍🏻🤙🏻

@CPCannabis , sorry to hear about your medical situation and on the other hand I am very glad cannabis has been a gift (from God as far as I'm concerned) to serve as some relief.

Welcome to the community and I for one will be looking out for your future posts.

Take care my friend.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply 🤙🏻

I do however read a lot 😏 and have been consuming as much info as possible to try and get myself moving asap.

I had been collecting seeds on the rare occasion I found them. The one that died was from several ounces of Gas Station Sushi by High Supply ( one of my favorites so I have gone thru a lot). I had several Gas Station Sushi seeds I have found over the years, only one germinated. I think those seeds probably did not have a chance, they were all pale and very small, likely would never survive.

I definitely sprayed the leaves with the lights on. So do not do this with the light on? However, with light off that is ok?

I have Fox Farms Happy Frog along with Fox Farm Nutrients that I will use for Black African Magic. Was going to use a GE 32 W Grow light, possibly two.

Right now I am growing in my kitchen, we have spray insulation in our house, it stays right at 69/70 degrees with about 45/50 % humidity, the window is large and faces south, I have the light timer set to shit off at sunset, then turn back on 6 hours later. So there is 18/6 for light/dark. I also have a mini fan running at low speed so there is always a light brerze.

If possible I would like to grow outside a tent. However, if I do end up going with a tent I will likely build my own.

Thanks for the help 👍🏻🤙🏻
FFHF has nutes in it and should only need water for the first month. It’s always better to start seedlings in clear solo cups so you know when you have a good rootball to uppot. Read Emilya’s post on watering. Welcome to the family and happy growing. CL🍀

@CPCannabis , sorry to hear about your medical situation and on the other hand I am very glad cannabis has been a gift (from God as far as I'm concerned) to serve as some relief.

Welcome to the community and I for one will be looking out for your future posts.

Take care my friend.
I 100% agree with you. Since early childhood I have had severe aches, pains, feel like I am always on the edge of being sick. I keep going though, was a competitive athlete half my life…Getting older pushing through is a lot harder. Cannabis is a life saver and a game changer 🤙🏻

Hopefully I can grow some plants and not kill them 😂

FFHF has nutes in it and should only need water for the first month. It’s always better to start seedlings in clear solo cups so you know when you have a good rootball to uppot. Read Emilya’s post on watering. Welcome to the family and happy growing. CL🍀
Good call on the clear cup.

Thanks for recommendation 🤙🏻 I shall read it all 😈 🤓

Welcome to the forums, CPC.

Lot's of helpful gorwers on here happy to anser questions and give suggestions.

What is your plan for lighting? That south facing window will not be anywhere near enough to power your plant, or even seedlings which will start getting very leggy without the proper amount of light.

Many of us grow with lot's of very different set-ups so you're sure to find something at least similar to whatever you have planned. Give us a taste of what you're thinking about as those seedlings grow abit.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply 🤙🏻

Thanks for the help 👍🏻🤙🏻
Even if you have two lights 1” away from your plants it’s not going to be enuff light to grow thru flowering. I could be wrong about that but @InTheShed can tell you. Whatcha think Shed?CL🍀

Welcome to the forums, CPC.

Lot's of helpful gorwers on here happy to anser questions and give suggstions.

What is your plan for lighting? That south facing window will not be anywhere near enough to power your plant, or even seedlings which will start getting very leggy without the proper amount of light.

Many of us grow with lot's of very different set-ups so you're sure to find something at least similar to whatever you have planned. Give us a taste of what you're thinking about as those seedlings grow abit.
Hello 🤙🏻

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I kept finding myself back at this forum so I said “yup this is the place to learn”.

Currently I am using one of the GE 32W grow lights. Figured that could get seedlings started. Everything I read said those are good for 1 sqft? Love to hear someone elses thoughts.

I leave the plants in the south, but have the grow light about it.

Found myself here researching information about growing, which realistically will be my main goal here.

I live in a cannabis illegal state. Many years ago I crushed a few vertebrae in my neck, have torn and separated both shoulders, also have either a neurological or autoimmune issue which really sucks…a lot. 4 years ago at the advice of my wife and friends I tried some of my buddies medical cannabis that he uses for MS…the rest is history.

I live an extremely active lifestyle, work a lot, have a lot going on. Yet, I am cursed with feeling like I inhaled poisonous fumes and was in a high speed car accident every day if my life.

4 years ago when I started using cannabis the relief was beyond words. A life changer. A life saver. I am sick of driving to legal states so I am taking a stab at growing. I started with simple bag seeds, just wanted practice germinating, growing seedlings, getting to vegetation, etc. I currently have Purple Diesel and OG Kush growing. I do understand that I have no clue what pollenated them, what their sex will be, etc. Just using this as a chance to build some knowledge.

I ordered in a bag of African Black Magic seeds that I will hopefully successfully grow and document here.

I have found Sativa, high THC, Caryophellene, Myrcene, Limonene, Humulene, (spelling is likely wrong on some of that) are the ticket for me. Not certain of the exact terpene profile in Black African Magic, none the less it sounds right up my alley.

To get us started meet Frank (OG Kush) and Loyd (Purple Diesel), their brother Wright was not alright and did not survive more then a few weeks as a seedling 🙁

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Anyway, keep from watering and wetting the leaves when the light is on. It burns them.
Fake news!!..J/K but in all seriousness this is just not true unless that water drop is filled with a lot of nutes. The shape of a water droplet sitting on a leaf will not refract light into a focal point.. One side will be curved and one side will be flat or the shape of the leaf..this is not the shape of a magnifying glass nor is the drop suspended above the leaf to create a focal point. Experiment yourself by misting one plant in the morning and see if it burns.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @CPCannabis

Do you have any images to share?
Sorry, I did not catch it, do you enjoy growing indoor or outdoor?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Fake news!!..J/K but in all seriousness this is just not true unless that water drop is filled with a lot of nutes. The shape of a water droplet sitting on a leaf will not refract light into a focal point.. One side will be curved and one side will be flat or the shape of the leaf..this is not the shape of a magnifying glass nor is the drop suspended above the leaf to create a focal point. Experiment yourself by misting one plant in the morning and see if it burns.
Keeping away from wetting leaves in lights on is a basic of growing if one learns growing here CelestialNurseries. Thank you for correcting me but you may not be correct as our plant doesn't have flat leaves all the time, especially in flower when light in most intense. If you read about it you may change your mind. Having hairs makes a difference and our plant has them.

I've seen burn spots on dozens of occasions. Weather it's from being heavily fertigated or from water on hairs, I don't know or care. Thanks for opening this up, I learned something today.

:welcome: to the community. Sorry to hear of your health issues. I'm happy that you have found cannabis to be helpful.

But, this ⬆︎ is why I replied. I'm a huge fan of terpenes and feel they are what determines the effects that you get. I like your terpenes, too but instead of Limonene (which I've found isn't as effective for me), I look for the terpene, Terpinolene.

I did a quick search on the Black African Magic seeds to see if I could find its terpenes but I've had no luck.

Please post a link to your grow journal when you start it as I would be interested in following along.

Terpinolene
Hello 👋

I need to get on here and do several updates…been super busy.

I also really like Terpinolene. A strain by High Supply, Sunny Mac is high in Terpinolene, it is a fantastic day cannabis. One of my top 5 favs.

Something about the combo with lImonene gets me to a place were pain becomes like warn pressure as opposed to pain, along with super clarity.

I had many other choices prior to picking BAM (Black African Magic), Blue Bay was one I almost went with and will likely do next. The mystery of BAM, pure landrace sativa, super high THC, kind of seemed like I had to do it.

Other news about BAM. I purchased 4 seeds, was sent 7. I started germinating two 24 hrs ago, both germinated, one with a 2cm tap route which is now in soil, the other was probably 8-10 mm around 8am this morning. I will be posting pictures along the way, everything will be in a grow tent tonight.

My other two plants (Purple Diesel and OG Kush) survived my amateur bout of over watering and are growing again, will update on that soon as well.

Thanks everyone 🤙🏻

Back
Top Bottom