New Member - Old Grower - From Canada!

Re: New member old grower - From Canada!

Here's some photos!

I gave her a good flush today, didn't water yesterday. She's day 63/55. The ratio of red hairs to white is about 40/60 respectively. I CANNOT WAIT TO GIVE THE SMOKE REPORT :)
image17614.jpg
image17615.jpg
image17616.jpg
image17617.jpg
image17618.jpg
image17619.jpg
image17620.jpg
image17621.jpg
image17622.jpg
image17631.jpg
image17632.jpg
image17634.jpg
image17635.jpg

getting there pg420

Im glad you got some nutrient info,Ive used the botonicare products with great success

getting there pg420

Im glad you got some nutrient info,Ive used the botonicare products with great success

Thanks C!

I will not be growing like this ever again. I'm goin big from now on. I figure if I'm going to spend so much time and effort growing them. I might as well use all the proper products

for sure man,the info is out there,for the products you've used so far,be proud of what your getting done.

I dont slam MG,back in the early 80's its all we had,so we had to learn how to use it---there is only so many main/macro nutrients and they are all the same,,,iron is iron,ya know??
when you learn how to read a nutrient calculator,It kind of burns me to see people blowing 1500 a grow on watered down plant food.

looking at that girl,youve used the MG well,like a seasoned veteran

I didn't realize how bad it truly was until I came to the magazine and realized it's the low of the low. I've only been on this site for a couple month. And it's taken me that long to learn what approach to take next. If I hadn't come here I would never had changed anything. Because in my books I always had "ok" results. Thinking that's what was possible growing my own stuff. Now I know that anyone can grow like a certified/educated producer.

Well after checking out that buildasoil.com I think Im going to get started on the right foot if I follow some of their guidelines. Only downside is 4 bags to start is 100$. That's just soil so I've got some saving to do. However it's worth it because at the price I'm paying for medication right now is rediculous. Sue, if you want to talk about the price of seeds yikes. Let's not get started on dried cannabis.

Re: New member old grower :) From Canada!

Never seen that one.

Personally, I would not use it unless I saw the words on the label: Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses. Mine has it fairly prominently on the front. Dont even have to look at the back.

Having said that, it is not something I use frequently and will not likely be using going forward.

My jar is used mostly for my own consumption (2 TBS a day) and to neutralize the chloramines in our tap water. Just a drop or two (about 1/8 tsp) in a gallon of tap water, let it sit for ten minutes and you can use it on your organic soil without fear of the chloramines killing the micro beasties in the soil. Like gold to those of us who have these elements in our municipal water systems.

I only do occasional ACTs, and molasses is handy there as well.

I didn't realize how bad it truly was until I came to the magazine and realized it's the low of the low

see that's it,its not the low of the low,people burn the shit out of there stuff and blame it on mg,its not "proper" so it must be bad.

every ingredient in it,is the same in ALL synthetic nutrients.

want something that will last a lifetime?? search out jacks classic 25lbs bag of granules will grow 500 plants for about 25 bucks.

see that's it,its not the low of the low,people burn the shit out of there stuff and blame it on mg,its not "proper" so it must be bad.

every ingredient in it,is the same in ALL synthetic nutrients.

want something that will last a lifetime?? search out jacks classic 25lbs bag of granules will grow 500 plants for about 25 bucks.

Looks like good stuff. 25 lbs bag is 50$ though

forgot you dont have the same feed stores I do.I endorse them,but I change evertime to a new food line

Well after checking out that buildasoil.com I think Im going to get started on the right foot if I follow some of their guidelines. Only downside is 4 bags to start is 100$. That's just soil so I've got some saving to do. However it's worth it because at the price I'm paying for medication right now is rediculous. Sue, if you want to talk about the price of seeds yikes. Let's not get started on dried cannabis.

Cost is a big part of it, and you've seen my layout of my start up costs of going with LOS. The up side - and it's a big up side - is that you can set up as a no till, so those costs never have to be a concern again unless you build more soil to plant more pots. I follow an ongoing no-till thread on another forum where they've been using the same soil for over three years and it's stronger every grow. That motivated me.

Start small. Build your own soil mix, if at all possible. There are many ways to source components locally. I love the product line for buildasoil but much of my wish list is going to be acquired bit by bit due to budgetary constraints. We survive on a meager disability income. I initially balked at the cost but then bit the bullet, took the money and just did it. I have absolutely no regrets.

After my initial investment to buildasoil for the basics I needed to mix soil and buy fabric pots I made myself abide to a strict monthly budget for the grow, because once the soil is done you really don't need to do more than water. Now it's become a game of finding thrifty ways to create enzyme teas and keep adding interesting things to the worm bin. It's those worms creating wonderful vermicompost that makes the real difference in LOS gardening. Anything you want to incorporate into your garden gets processed by the worms and then you use the vermicompost for top dressing.

It still hasn't surpassed the cost of an ounce of good quality cannabis on our local market. Give me a year and I'll forget that I ever threw good money after bad meds. Every grow it becomes more and more economical.

Whatever you do, don't cheap out on vermicompost. It's the base of your micro community and worth every penny. I recommend Worm Power.

Create the desire and then make it happen. "See it. Believe it. Expect it. Make it so." I had that printed on a paper and tacked on the wall of a busy hallway of our home when the children were growing. I wanted them to know that manifesting our desires was a natural ability we all have. Make that work for you. :love:

:Namaste:

Found this little gem at the local hardware store. I'm running out of excuses as to why I'm always looking for grow materials. I like to support my small town but it doesn't take a fella with more than 3 brain cells to figure out what ive got goin on... And although I am current on federal and provincial politics and I know that it's a grey area for me to grow my own medicine I wouldn't put it past some rookie cop to burst into my house with a point to prove and cut my shit down. Just to go to court and have it thrown out. Ha. Ha.

Anyways. This should be accurate temperature and humidity for my flowering girl. But I have a feeling this dry air is affecting my other grow.
image17673.jpg

I preferred to use very low humidity at the end of flower because I believe it promotes Tricom growth, and you have no chance of mold with humidity like that. As soon as you harvest bring it back up to at least 40 for drying , but it's a good thing at the end of bloom.

Back
Top Bottom