New Grower: Open To Any Advice

Morning brother here ya go...

image.png

Have a blessed day mrD&K.... :snowboating:
Thanks buddy! :headbanger:

Good day fellow growers!

:Namaste:

So I have been rather busy lately with a quiet week in the shop but ahh all will be well as I had forseen such and built up a good profit percentage to cover a bad week!
Enough about work :laugh:

So I have been drying those little suckers out and they dried out a lot faster than I anticipated.

Did my trimming to my disappointment yes the outcome was rather small. I would say that the botanium can do it for sure but is not the optimum choice unless they had a bigger one.... Or I modify it! :hmmmm:

20190831_205751.jpg

20190831_201703.jpg

I'm a bit roasted now after a half a joint... It comes like waves  :surf:
It comes hard and then it fades then it comes harder then it fades and so on it goes like it tastes pretty minty got a minty smell too Boi am I high now... :thedoubletake:

This has to have been the hardest hit I have had in a long time and I think I'm hooked... Yes the harvest was really small and the herming happened to my poor baby but I must aay I have learned so much now. I can wait to try again and this time have a bit more confidence in what I do.!

Here is shorty!
20190831_074552.jpg

She seems to be a very heavy feeder. She was rather yellow and I gave her a double dosage and now she is better but with less leaves affected. I presumed it to be nitrogen... However I could be wrong, she does have a nice strong smell. Heavy skunk like... I did damage a branch when I was inspecting her and I feel a bit stupid I did so. I taped her and she seems to be OK too..

As for the one left inside the box she is recovering from what I presume to be leaf septoria :hmmmm:

She was getting all these horrible spots and it was spreading. So this one thread said to trim this affected and remover them from the area. I did so and well she looks good and no further spots...
20190831_205703.jpg

As far as the rest of her she seems to be good and strong. She is developing but she has been a bit slow since the spots... Hopefully she kicks up soon. Will Clay pellets above the soil work to prevent such things again?

20190831_205658.jpg

Attachments

• 20190831_201703.jpg
    20190831_201703.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 58
Will Clay pellets above the soil work to prevent such things again?

That, I am not sure. I think the clay pellets are for hydro set ups, and some use them for better drainage.

I’ve never used them so I don’t know much about them.

The plant that’s left, looks like she’s got a bunch of white pistils stilll up top. Are you still feeding her?

Everything’s looking good man! :thumb: :popcorn:

I am but explain to me how much you feed them in per plant and how frequently?

Your in soil right? Is it a super soil, or just soil?

Shoot idk man, you know how I have my nutrient line up. Well it’s a three part system so I put an x amount from each three bottles in (let’s say) 3 gallons of water.

Every time I water them, I mix that x amount from each bottle in the water, to give the plant that extra boost of nutrients to help them flourish.

A 1.5l bottle mixed with 10g calmag and 10 mg flowering mix

I think the clay pellets are for hydro set ups, and some use them for better drainage.
Reason I ask is cause I've seen a few pots that have em.
A 1.5l bottle mixed with 10g calmag and 10 mg flowering mix
I was rather roasted here. OK so I'm supposed to mix them 10g per 10 litres of water for hydro. For foliar they say 10g per litre.

So :lot-o-toke:.

Upon deep inspection of my botanium plant I happen to notice something I didn't want to notice :(

There it was.... A tiny little light colored pollen sac.....
Without haste I took her outside to find more but only one. I took her to a separate room and made my tough decision to take her down. Now I'm not sure if that was the right move I'll be honest but I didn't want her contaminating the other 2...

So here she is. Really not much but it was my very first time ever and hydroponicly aswell. While I do aim for better results on my next grow I think I've learned now how things can swing very quickly if not monitored....

So I am really not sure what caused the plant to develop it as I have always kept it strictly no light leaks. I did however have one day the cover fell off cause I didn't put it on properly and it was a very tone Leake for a bout and hour.

Let's hope the buds will give some sort of goodness... I am rather disappointed in myself as I was aiming for another week maybe 2 after last night's discussion but boom. I must say that the sac is very fragile, I tried removing it and all of a sudden it was snowing :rolleyes:

She was incredibly root bound and I mean root bound... I presume that was the reason she was also not doing to well.

20190827_082656.jpg 20190827_082308.jpg

20190827_082301.jpg 15669283244216906775270008472474.jpg

As for the soil plant....

So I flushed her today to get rid of any excess salts that built up. I'm scared that dots on the leaves will cause problems. It's the 4th time it has returned. I added a new batch of nutes soon after. She looks green and very healthy.
20190827_072433.jpg 20190827_193620.jpg

Here is a few I ics of the new bulbs I got. Pretty strong for only $2.

20190827_193704.jpg 20190827_193625.jpg.

15669285912287096471776115275741.jpg 15669286070688429094638798743171.jpg

So my hope lies now in her and shorty outside aka red pot....

Sorry for the long post :Namaste:

I'm rooting for shorty.

So quick question. How about an enamel gloss white paint instead of mylar blankets? Would save me a shit load of time and effort...

So quick question. How about an enamel gloss white paint instead of mylar blankets? Would save me a shit load of time and effort...

Absolutely :thumb:

I painted the inside of my veg box white, seems to work great. I didn’t use the same white as you mentioned, but yours sounds better to use then what I used lol I just had a crappy white gloss of some sort laying around, but when it dried it looked a lot darker then when it was wet. Still works great though!!:bong:

Absolutely :thumb:

I painted the inside of my veg box white, seems to work great. I didn’t use the same white as you mentioned, but yours sounds better to use then what I used lol I just had a crappy white gloss of some sort laying around, but when it dried it looked a lot darker then when it was wet. Still works great though!!:bong:
I just saw the one I would of bought would of been stinking up. There is a water based one but it's medium gloss. I'm not sure if it's optimum but it seems the rest is oil based and becomes a fire hazard too.

Good day people!

IMG-20190905-WA0002.jpeg
thought I'd open with her haha..
So she is doing well however she is suffering from those spots. I've trimmed a lot off of her and I can't anymore. She has been slowed down cause of both the lead septoria and the trimming... Or we'll I presume...

20190905_072923.jpg

20190905_072638.jpg

20190905_072616.jpg

Notice shorty at the back...

So she was going so well and she has been quiet. I flushed her and replaced the top soil and now out more new soil. I'm not sure why I got the issue but I'm just waiting for her to finish up so that I can put this box aside.

Now I will admit I have neglected the other box and funds are not on my side this month...
I still am going to finish it.

After much discussion it seems I might be going for a bathroom paint? It's got a moldtec what what... :laugh: long story short and obvious enough it's mold resistant. It's a bit expensive though. I am looking for a matte white with a very low odour. I'm too busy with work to go and have a look at a paint shop. I think I might order some fans soon but I'm think this issue could be due to no circulation. I have been looking at a lot of videos online and see that there is way more wind in the box. So I will look into a usb fan but will maybe leave it for when I finish off the wiring. After my first box, I now know how to utilize the lower fans so il be mindful on what i place where this time.

20190831_152548.jpg

So here we have what I want to grow next! And that is... Well to be 100% I highly doubt this but I have 2 fem seeds of cheese and a few of purple haze.... In my opinion I'm unsure of what to call the yellow jars and if they are truly fem but yeah I got them as a gift saying they are fem cheese. The "puple" seeds are definitely buds that have hints of purple and smoked very nice so I'm growing them soon. Will be planting a few and keep the best of them!

Hopefully all goes well with the last plant. Will update on shorty tomorrow.

I’m excited to see your new seeds make way into this life!!

I’m also excited to see you new grow box be built disinfected and put into action! :woohoo:

The plant that’s still left in the box.. it still has a lot of white pistils. So chopping her down now, would be like a waste of the last 3+ months!

I have no idea on what your next step is for her! #facepalm! Sorry dude!

I’m excited to see your new seeds make way into this life!!

I’m also excited to see you new grow box be built disinfected and put into action! :woohoo:

The plant that’s still left in the box.. it still has a lot of white pistils. So chopping her down now, would be like a waste of the last 3+ months!

I have no idea on what your next step is for her! #facepalm! Sorry dude!
I have to agree there. I'll give her more time!

Back
Top Bottom