New Grower: Open To Any Advice

So :lot-o-toke:.

Upon deep inspection of my botanium plant I happen to notice something I didn't want to notice :(

There it was.... A tiny little light colored pollen sac.....
Without haste I took her outside to find more but only one. I took her to a separate room and made my tough decision to take her down. Now I'm not sure if that was the right move I'll be honest but I didn't want her contaminating the other 2...

So here she is. Really not much but it was my very first time ever and hydroponicly aswell. While I do aim for better results on my next grow I think I've learned now how things can swing very quickly if not monitored....

So I am really not sure what caused the plant to develop it as I have always kept it strictly no light leaks. I did however have one day the cover fell off cause I didn't put it on properly and it was a very tone Leake for a bout and hour.

Let's hope the buds will give some sort of goodness... I am rather disappointed in myself as I was aiming for another week maybe 2 after last night's discussion but boom. I must say that the sac is very fragile, I tried removing it and all of a sudden it was snowing :rolleyes:

She was incredibly root bound and I mean root bound... I presume that was the reason she was also not doing to well.

20190827_082656.jpg 20190827_082308.jpg

20190827_082301.jpg 15669283244216906775270008472474.jpg

As for the soil plant....

So I flushed her today to get rid of any excess salts that built up. I'm scared that dots on the leaves will cause problems. It's the 4th time it has returned. I added a new batch of nutes soon after. She looks green and very healthy.
20190827_072433.jpg 20190827_193620.jpg

Here is a few I ics of the new bulbs I got. Pretty strong for only $2.

20190827_193704.jpg 20190827_193625.jpg.

15669285912287096471776115275741.jpg 15669286070688429094638798743171.jpg

So my hope lies now in her and shorty outside aka red pot....

Sorry for the long post :Namaste:

Sorry to hear about the pollen! I hope there's enough goodies in the early chop to hit you where you want to be hit. I lost a branch last week of one of my plants (rat chewed it off) and it was a nice quick high, so there's hope :).
A rat? A freaking rat? I hate rats with a passion! I once lived in this really dodgy area called Central and they had rats up to 40cm long. I had one about half that jump on my arm and run off me... I freaking hate rats!

Well she does seem to have a very pungent smell now and did come off very well... Any idea what causes such things to happen.

The one in soil is fattening up well. I reckon she has another 4 weeks to go. She is very dark in Colour I just hope that flush cleared out the issue I had with spots.

Ahh I see OK well I'll keep that in mind. I have some seeds from a very purple strain that smoked very nice. I'm hoping that I'll get at least 2 females.

She was incredibly root bound and I mean root bound... I presume that was the reason she was also not doing to well.

Yeah bro! I mean, I’m no hydro person but that is a very small container for that big of a plant! :rollit:

must say that the sac is very fragile, I tried removing it and all of a sudden it was snowing :rolleyes:

Next time you see a sac, or a banana, wrap a sandwich baggy around said cola, and pinch off. After cutting said branch off and taking Farther away from any plants.

rat chewed it off

Damn that really sucks shed! :passitleft:

We are supposed to be rat free up here in Canada. To how true that is, I have no idea. I mean I swore I saw one running across the highway once, but it might have been something else.

A rat? A freaking rat? I hate rats with a passion!

:rofl:

Yeah bro! I mean, I’m no hydro person but that is a very small container for that big of a plant! :rollit:
I'm sitting thinking about that cause I remember I was told on Page 2 that it won't make it past the first month. Month 4 it gave all its issues. So I'm sure if I make a smaller plant and flower quick it will work again or what?

You can ask @Smeegol what he uses. He's in SA as well.

Afternoon mr.Shed hope you are keeping well and your garden must be looking a bit crazy as I do recall you had just started a new round of clones... :snowboating:

I use this to veg both for soil and hydro

Afternoon mr.Dk brother how ya doing, hope you having some of this blessed sunshine I'm having here in kzn.. I used Nutrifeed throughout my last coco grow and never had a single issue with it honestly, but this season I'm changing it up and going to start using the EHG nutrients range for next run of plants with #motherland genetics.

It's a 4 part package of Grow, Micro, Bloom and Ripener.

The bonus for me as was with Nutrifeed is you can use in coco and soil with ehg and I've been hearing rather good feedback from those that are using this nute range....

Hope this helps ya brother as our choices of canna related nutrient range is slowly expanding and offering the grower more options/advantages in our control of growing.

As mr.Shed mentioned @irie lion is also a very good source of information on local canna products, freedom farms also has their own nute range but that is aimed more at the soil market.

Afternoon mr.Shed hope you are keeping well and your garden must be looking a bit crazy as I do recall you had just started a new round of clones... :snowboating:

Afternoon mr.Dk brother how ya doing, hope you having some of this blessed sunshine I'm having here in kzn.. I used Nutrifeed throughout my last coco grow and never had a single issue with it honestly, but this season I'm changing it up and going to start using the EHG nutrients range for next run of plants with #motherland genetics.

It's a 4 part package of Grow, Micro, Bloom and Ripener.

The bonus for me as was with Nutrifeed is you can use in coco and soil with ehg and I've been hearing rather good feedback from those that are using this nute range....

Hope this helps ya brother as our choices of canna related nutrient range is slowly expanding and offering the grower more options/advantages in our control of growing.

As mr.Shed mentioned @irie lion is also a very good source of information on local canna products, freedom farms also has their own nute range but that is aimed more at the soil market.
I'm so happy you say nutrifeed as I'm using that for vegging!

Mind me asking what is EHG?

So I'm sure if I make a smaller plant and flower quick it will work again or what?

Yeah man! I mean, your yields won’t be very big because the plant won’t be all that big, and to take care of it for 7-8 weeks it might not be worth it, unless you had a few going and to be finished around the same time.:bong:

Yeah man! I mean, your yields won’t be very big because the plant won’t be all that big, and to take care of it for 7-8 weeks it might not be worth it, unless you had a few going and to be finished around the same time.:bong:
That is true

Back
Top Bottom