NewBGrower420's Grow Journal

NewBGrower420

Hey guys and gals first time member long time reader.Well let me tell you alittle about myself and why im here! Ive decided to make my own grow journal due to many unsuccessful attempts on growing my own medicine. Ive learned alot from these attempts and am still excited and hopefull to be successful! Heres alittle bit about my setup.

Growing: indoor grow tent

Lights: 2 apollo 300watt led full spectrum (only one will be used)

Grow pot sizes: 5gal

Grow medium: Promix hp cc (soilless soil)

Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients sensi grow a&b , sensi bloom a&b , terpinator

Light schedule: 18/6 or maybe 12/12 from seed

Germination method: Rockwool,Heat mat, humidity dome.

Ph meter: yes

TDS meter: yes (but do not know how to check and correct ppm)

Tent temp (lights on): 82-85f

Tent temp (lights off): 68-74f

Tap water: 8.1-8.2

Ph goal: 5.5-6.2 (soilless medium)

Cannabis types: 2 autoflower 1 photoperiod

Grow attempts: 5

Successful grows: None

Skill level: novice

Help needed: yes

So thats some information guys and gals! Going to start my journal on 10/28/2015! Hope to see you here and best wishes and successful grows to all! :)

So should I run a ph of 6.0 through my promix hp before planting my rockwool in it? Also should I ph the runoff? (I believe this is where I had went wrong last time where I did not flush my promix hp medium before planting)

I know it might be s stupid question but im still trying to figure out my tds meter and how to read it and lower or raise ppm levels, would love to get your opinions on this. :)

Definitely run pH'd water through the medium. I ran pH corrected water through my coco 3 times before I was happy. Definitely test pH of run off. When you get it close to pH of 6, then you are good. With subsequent watering/feedings, I usually aim for a pH of 5.7, but up to 6.2 is fine.

Good luck

Also, if you are using tap water then let it stand for 24 hrs so that that the chlorine dissipates. I usually leave the containers open for 12 hrs and then closed for 12 hrs. Only then do I check pH and adjust as needed.

Im using chemical nutes bro, and I know this might sound funny but I keep dreaming about this tds, I really think not understanding this or how to check it and correct it attritubed to these failed grows also...im really trying hard to figure this ppm thing out..also i do not understand how to adjust in order to increase or decrease the n-p-k or how to read those numbers and adjust accordingly.well im going to go back and try to get some sleep ..see tou guys and gals when I wake up! :)

Cool, so then aim for pH of 6 or below as I do. I never worry about ppm, so I can't help you there. Get your pH right and start feeding a very low dose of nutes from when your first set of true leaves appear. This is usually about 3 or 4 days from when they break the soil. (I'm assuming there is no nutrients in your medium. If there is, then start adding nutes at a later stage) When I say low dose, I mean about 20% of recommended dosage. Then slowly ramp up to full strength nutes as the plants mature. If you see the plants getting dark green in colour, with burnt tips and leaves clawing down, then flush and back off on nute strength. Conversely, if the plants are a faded green/yellow colour then increase nute strength.The plants will tell you if the nutrient solution you're giving them is too strong or too weak.

EDIT: Do you have pH up and pH down?

Awesome..yes I have ph up and down..what happened my last go around was this.
I started with a 5gal bucket of promix hp cc without saturateing the soil in a ph range.the rockwool was left to soak in a ph of 5.9. I germinated in rockwool and heat mat. Once sprouted I took the rockwool out the humidity dome and planted in the 5gal of promix and watered only around the area of where the rockwool was inserted with a half of litre of ph water of 5.9-6.0. The rockwool was inserted since sept 30 I only killed them 2 days ago.they grew under an inch and stopped. First sighns I saw was yellowing of new baby leaves, stunted growth, brown tips eventually andd brown spots and eventually the leaves start dying all the while the plants were still under an inch.I dug them out cut open the rockwool and saw little to no root strcture and really weak looking roots..they did not even go through the rockwool and it had been about a month.it was so bad looking I toook a pic of it and will post it up for you all.

I was also feeding with low dose of nutes and still this happened. I was doing feed, feed, water.so im assuming it had to be something else but I truly dont know? Anything above with what I did you see a major promblem with that would do this? Thats why I was like man it has to do something with the tds and ppm or too much chlorine. .I dont know..

That sure sounds like pH issues, but obviously I can't be sure. The roots could have extended out the rockwool and then subsequently died. I'm just guessing here. I've had my fair share of pH problems in previous grows, and I had almost identical issues to what you described above.

If you are using coco and chem nutes, you have to get the pH right from the start. Otherwise you are going to have endless problems. The grow before my current one went as yours did, and that was definitely pH related.

Maybe this time round, dont go straight to 5 gal and plant into small nursery pots. Let them veg for 2 weeks, or until the plant is slightly larger than the pot and then transplant into 5 gal.

In the problem grow I had, I also had heat issues. That combined with pH and then plants never stood a chance.

Damn blaze..I think your right..but why I started with them 5 gal pots is because I had autoflower s growing to and heard they dont do well with transplant. I was thinking to do some basil since I heard it was the closest thing to a cannabis plant but im thinking twice and am thinking to roll with your advice. What sucks as im sure you know too is wasting those beans on failed grow and how expensive they are. But Im willing to do whatever necessary to be successful. And coco is like the same as promix hp correct? And ive heard what you talked about growers not needing a tds or ec meter to be successful they say the only use a ph pen and when thats right your grow will too. Also blaze I understand N-P-K thing but I dont get the numbers on the front of the bottle like 3-0-2 what is that saying? The n is 3 the p is 0 and the k is 2..but what do those numbers mean and do they have anything to do with the way I feed?

I'm pretty sure 3-0-2 just tells you what ratio of nutrients your solution is made up of. What you need is a feeding schedule. If you didn't get one with the nutes, maybe go to their site and download it there or use google to find a feeding schedule specifically for your brand of nutes. I just emailed the supplier for the nutes I use, and they emailed me an excel spreadsheet telling me exactly how much to use in veg and bloom.

Cool will call them in a few and talk to them and have them email me a schedulel Ill let you know how it goes! Thanks man I really appreciate your help

HP Promix is just coco and perlite. Same as what I am using. You will need to start early with low dose nutes as I described a few posts back because there is absolutely no nutes in that medium.

Good luck bud!

Just got off the phone with advanced nutrients..from all ive read and learned he basically contradicted everything and now im confused.

The rep stated that I do not have to saturate the promix hp with ph water and also stated to use my sink water of 8.1-8.2 with the nutes and do not adjust the ph after or before since its ph perfect (I did this the first time and failed with nute lockout and burns) once nuted added to the tap it brings it to like 7.4 ph witch is to high for a soilless medium correct? What the heck? I get bad advice from this guy?

I know this might come off as funny but im Seriously thinking about doing some basil and seeing how it goes. I have a bean that wasnt ordered and came out from a sour diesel that had hermed. Should I experiment with the hermef seed or just go with the basil? Also helicopters been flying when my lights go on

Back
Top Bottom