NewBGrower420's Grow Journal

Hey blaze gm bro! My wife said aomething ro me before bed lastnight and I wanted to ask you. Could I cause a lockout by ph'ing my nutes after I add it to my water? For example I was getting sink water 8.1 adding nutes and then ph'ing down to 6.0. Should I ph my water first and then add my nutes? Getting ready to hit the mall ill be back in like 3 hours.

Good evening bud. ;-)

I always add nutes first and then mix it up good and proper. Once I'm happy everything is properly mixed, I then check pH and adjust accordingly.

Read the labels on your nutes properly. With my nutes, I have to add the micro part first, mix that in and then add grow and bloom portions.

Blaze is looking after you really well :) bravo Blaze!

Ok here comes a little speach lol.
Stuff reps lol theyre always gonna just say what fits there own interests. Im no pro mix guy just soil, coco etc. Yet ive got a tds meter and never used it. Even when doing flood and drain. I just paid attention to PH and all comes good.
Fistly dont over think stuff. Growing is simpler than people think. Light, air, feed. :) what fits one grower might not fit with another. I dont even have a PH meter anymore and just go by eye lol.
Either way your at 420 and we've got your back! This community has gicen me loads and is simply the best source of tried and tested advice around by miles, so relax some as we will get you some meds :)

Now that you have LA subbed in your thread, you are almost guaranteed a successful grow.

Exciting times ahead bud. Can't wait to see how you do this time round. ;-)

I'm using Fertilome Ultimate Potting soil (inert + perlite blend) in addition to Alaska Fish Emulsion nutes.

I'm a novice, too, but learning really well.
best of luck

To be honest thank you guys..heck with the basil..trashing it now and starting to germ a seed tonight it takes about 3 days for it to pop so im going to start preping the promix hp today! Im going to let my tap water sit for 24hrs then run ph water of 5.8-6.0 through it until runoff is the same ph. Correct guys? I really geel the love and care here..wish I would have found you guys earlier! But im here now :)

Sounds like a plan bud. Don't stress too much if you struggle to get the pH of the runoff that low. I think I stopped running water through the medium when I got it down to about 6.3 or thereabouts. There is some leeway. Then with every subsequent feed/watering pH the solution between 5.7 and 6.2 and u will be golden.

To germ seeds, I put the seeds in a shot glass of room temp water. When they sink I put them straight into jiffy pellets or rockwool. Easy

16403.jpg

Back
Top Bottom