NewBGrower420's Grow Journal

Aww man light..I messed up..listen to this shit! My ph pen was alittle off so I had some 4.0 colab fluid left tested it it said 4.1 so I colabbed it back to 4.0 and did not have any 7.0 left..went to test my tap of 8.1 and it start reading 7.3 so I collabed it to my water witch I know is 8.1 and now all my readings are off..have to order another 1 since its cheaper than the fluids and is a good pen..so instead of buying the fluid right now its cheaper to buy the pen and it comes with collab packets..using drops and strips now..wifey is pissed

You guys think I should stop the op right now or you think im safe to work with my strips and drops until I order another? I have a critical fem currently germing it should sprout by tomm.

Are you referring to not having calibration fluid left?

When was the last time you managed to calibrate the pen properly?

How do you use lemon juice LA?

Cool thanks man..im testing the tap again it its saying 8.05 and its supposed to be 8.10 so I guess it isn't that far off..im assuming as long as im within 5.5 -6.2 I should be fine.

Cool thanks man..im testing the tap again it its saying 8.05 and its supposed to be 8.10 so I guess it isn't that far off..im assuming as long as im within 5.5 -6.2 I should be fine.

I don't think you should bank on your tap water always being 8.1 exactly. It could be your pen is slight out, or the water really is 8.05 this time round.

Either way, 0.05 variation isn't going to make much difference. I think you're fine to use the pen this time round.

Just get some more calibration fluid soon if you can.

LA, I would be interested to know how much lemon concentrate you use to drop 1L of water by pH of 1.0. Just one thing though... my water here is quite hard. Plenty of calcium in it. Won't that also effect how much lemon to use?

For instance, RO water is alot more sensitive to pH down than my tap water.

Cool ..sprout should come by tomm. Soil is still saturated. only ph water for now right?

Yes, just water now.

When it sprouts, you put it under the light. I put my light high up and then lower it each day. After about a week, I have it at optimal height which for a 600w hps is about 40cm. I'm not sure if I'm overly cautious though. Maybe LA can give his opinion on that as well.

At work today but off tomoz so will post info then :)

The thing to remember is Im a soil guy. I mix my own coco soil blend and run a living soil that I re-use. Im on about the 14th generation of it presently. This is my little key with running without meters and not stressing. Soil becomes a natural buffer to ph issues. So any slight variance doesn't matter wether RO or tap.
This to me keeps me working with a mix of soil and soilless for simplicity. :)

Hanging distance is just hang higher for babies if using your main lamp. I swear by household cfls for early life of my girls. Cheap and simple :)

Gm blaze and la..so this is whats going on right now and im not too sure what to believe. .I have 2 ph pens 1 cheap one I tampered with yesterday and 1 hannah meter. .I kinda always trusred the cheap one but now im starting to doubt it I immerse it into little of whats left odf the 4.0 collaboration fluid hannah reads 4.01-4.02

When testing tap with cheap meter it shows 8.0 with the hannah it reads 8.3-8.5 I believe when I first got the hannah meter it read my tap as the same 8.3-8.35 so now im thinking I might have been off the whole time..not to sure witch one to believe since I was stoned when I got the hannh meter and tested it..have you guys heard oh tap water being that high? And since when I put the hannah meter in 4.0 collaboration fluid and it reads that correctly..you think the tap really is 8.30-8.35? I have no 7.0 fluid to verify. What you guys think? Brb have to run to the store

Back
Top Bottom