NewBGrower420's Grow Journal

Seed did germ but did not sprout through rockwool so im assuming I have another day to try and fine tune everything..im kinda glad I made that mistake yesterday now because all this would have went unnoticed. .

I'm new at this ph stuff. I use dried feritilizer in my water which has a ph of 7. My soil is like 6.8. So I should add a ph down to my water until I reach a ph of about 6.0. Run off I would think should have a lower ph. I guess my question is. Should I add a ph down to my watering until my soil reaches about a 5.7 to about 6.0?

Ya $50.00 get 50ft elect wire,30 press on wire bulb connectors ,a plug and you can add lights or put in any order you want. ^ bulbs,6 plants . Real cheep.

To be honest bro im new to at this too and would hate to give you wrong advice because im growing in promix hp cc witch is soilless. LA and blaze is the two you should contact ..they will help you..sorry I couldn't help you but if you pm them or if you would like to stay on this thread and ask them im sure they will answer your questions. Their usually here at night or early am for my timezone witch is EST

Idea Check bottled water for ph. The town water has workers mixing stuff like lime in your water. The town I believe try's to get the ph at 7. I could be wrong. But as a friend who lives in the same town as you. Hope you can reset it. I wouldn't want to work with a broken meter. I make enough mistakes. Ha Ha

And before anyone wastes money like I did on hannah meter you can get a very precise accurate cheap meter witch is like $12.00 its called " Dr.meter ph meter Model:ph 001" come with buffering packets but if you drop it in water or your nutes your screwed until it dries off and then you have to collaborate it again and since buying the meter again is more cheaper then buying collab fluid ill just buy another one and be extra carefull this time ..but that one was soo precise that im buying another. Its way more accurate than the red hannnah witch cost $40 and this is from my experience with it so I feel safe to say that "Dr.Meter ph meter Model: ph 001" is accurate and precise

And before anyone wastes money like I did on hannah meter you can get a very precise accurate cheap meter witch is like $12.00 its called " Dr.meter ph meter Model:ph 001" come with buffering packets but if you drop it in water or your nutes your screwed until it dries off and then you have to collaborate it again and since buying the meter again is more cheaper then buying collab fluid ill just buy another one and be extra carefull this time ..but that one was soo precise that im buying another. Its way more accurate than the red hannnah witch cost $40 and this is from my experience with it so I feel safe to say that "Dr.Meter ph meter Model: ph 001" is accurate and precise
Do it once and do it right if you can. If you get the best. It will last and you shouldn't need to rebuy things. Read reviews on meters. Ph is new to me ,but important.

Baby due Nov 17 thats the only reason i didn't go with a $300 bluelab waterproof one and I need one thats accurate and within my budget for right now and I KNOW FOR SURE dr.meter model ph 001 is accurate but you have to be extra carefull not to drop it in water

And the plan that I have for it is proven to work but I only figured it out after dropping both pens in water. So heres what I did.. I cut out a circle Styrofoam and cut the middle to fit my pen that only the probe piece is submerged and it floats perfectly. ..but I want the bluelabs $300 one so I can screw it to my wall and have the probes come down into my 5gal bucket..I was also looking into an ro filter..but thats for the future.. so im assuming another $400-450 for everything because I like to estimate high due to shipping and handling but since I have a technique for that dr meter pen to not drop it in water anymore im canceling out the Idea to even buy the bluelabs ph pen eventho it would be nice to hang on my wall and have the probes come down but because I KNOW FOR SURE Dr.meter model: ph 001 IS AN ACCURATE AND PRECISE PEN im thinking to heck with bluelabs

You guys think im safe to work with ph drop test indicator until I get another pen? And have you guys had good or bad experiences with it?

I have used the drops before to test pH. I'm not a fan. It is not nearly as accurate as a decent pen.

If I were you, I would get a pen as soon as possible.

LOL!!! Good luck with that bud. I am very fortunate that my fiancee is almost as excited about my growing again as I am.

Don't you still have a pen that works though?

Back
Top Bottom