Nirvana Blue Mystic - Out of control?

Papageno

So I have never grown auto flowering or feminized seeds before. I have always used from my breeding program or from my friends. A year ago I ordered some seeds from Nirvana based on a friends recommendation and I recently sprouted a few fem'd Autos...2 of them. Now I haven't been keeping a log on this because I consider these more of a one time thing I probably wont do again other than the 3 remaining seeds I have. In any case I potted them probably about 10-12 days ago. Now the things are about 7" tall (shown below a pic I just took) and already showing bud sites. Is this common? It feels like way too fast. I am wondering for those who have some serious auto experience if early flowering is a sign of something bad or is this ok or even normal? One issue I have is that obviously at less than 2 weeks into the grow I have not used any fertilizers other than what comes in my mix. I am suspecting this thing is going to be done growing before I need to add any fertilizers given the soil I make. So now I am wondering if I should have done this in my DWC or in a hempy bucket to optimize the nute regimen given that apparently I need to be on flowering nutes already...

I have them under a 1000W DE HPS on for 24hrs.
Blue Mystic Auto Fems
My own crazy supper soil mix.
5x5 tent with temps 72-77 humidity 34-38 (today...I didn't water today can get to 44%)

11_8_AF.JPG

AF_small.JPG

so are you saying that you don't think that your super soil can handle bloom without nutes? Must not be so super then, eh? Maybe instead of nutes, try top dressing with more super soil? I use SubCool super soil, and I am pretty sure that I can get all the way through flower with it... with regulars... I am sure that if you have anything similar, you will be ok... without extra nutes.

LOL

Nope that is not what I am saying and it handles bloom just fine. I am not asking about nutes or how to add them.

LOL

Nope that is not what I am saying and it handles bloom just fine. I am not asking about nutes or how to add them.

but with a supersoil, do they not already have everything that they could need, even going into flower earlier than you expected? Would this not be even more efficient getting the nutes to them on time, than any hempy or any other humanly controlled system where you would have to decide to change from veg to bloom? That was really my point.

First off I appreciate the fact that you took your time here to help! :Namaste:

This is strictly out of curiosity as I am new to this.

I am not saying I am an advanced grower...but I have been doing it off and on for well over 20 years. My largest grow was a perpetual running 40+ plants back around 1999. I have done mostly soil and some Hydro and only indoors...so I do have a decent background. By no means am I an expert. But I am an engineer and I spent years doing this with a roommate who got is degree in Horticulture who now owns a real farm. So I know enough to know that a lot of stuff on here and other cannabis sites is just flat out wrong.

That said I am not asking about nutes or what it needs or how to help it along or anything like that. I can get this little girl to harvest just fine. My question is strictly out of curiosity and does not need to be answered.

I have "recently" started growing again as it is legal now in my state. I can put a tent in my front yard if I want and no one can do anything about it. Some time between back when I was part of a group of people who breed our own stock and now... the world of cannabis genetics exploded.

So against my better judgment I bought 5 Autos to see what the big deal is. I have 2 friends who grow them exclusively but they have restrictions I don't. They grow them because #1 lives in Ohio and does outdoor so he gets them in and out before the helicopters go searching and #2 because he has a small indoors cabinet. Those are good reasons to use these. I on the other hand have a 5x5 with 1000W and I can scrog out a few pounds in a few moths and basically don't need to do more than 2 runs a year even if I cook a lot. So for me this is just a trial run to see what these things do.

So in my experience my soil mix has everything needed for veg and it even works well through bloom but I tend to like to add a few "extras" to increase potency and yield during bloom. So the only reason I brought that up is it is way too early to add anything as it started blooming 10 days into the grow.

This just seems wild to me that at 7 inches tall and in under 2 weeks I am seeing full female bud site starts. I understand these are genetically "inferior" strains when they make them autos. What I don't understand is how bad this is. Maybe at 10 days and 7 inches this is very common and I have normal seed. Maybe this is way too fast and I have some runts that wont get very far. Maybe I have done something that stressed them causing early maturation. I am just curious...I wonder if those who grow these regularly if this is typical and to be expected or are these going to be problematic. Maybe someone who grows these a lot has experienced this and has some insight as to what I might do to increase what I suspect will be very low yield. Maybe My soil mix is too strong and stressing her and forcing her into budding too fast.

I am just very used to having strict control over it. I am used to chemically starting budding and flipping the lights in such a way that I sex the plant in 3 days. I am just used to much closer control and this thing to me feels totally out of control. I probably just need to smoke a bowl and not worry about it but my curiosity got the best of me when it started flowering so fast.

Again thanks for the responses. No harm no foul right :party:

BM_FEM.JPG

In my experience with Autos you calculate the flower time based on the breeders harvest window. I've had autos from sprout to harvest in 60 days. Some in 70 days. Whereas with my regulars and feminized I veg for 2-3 months. I'd have to go back to one of my first journals on here but I'd say around day 14 most my autos started flowering.

I do know that they are very touchy. They do not like to be repotted so I usually plant auto seeds directly in their final pot. I really like hempy buckets for them. They are sensitive to stress big time so at most I LST them.

I've seen people on the autoflower net with autos that rival regs for yield/quality but I never get more than an oz or 2 off them.

In your state I'd definitely stick with regs. I know they're big in Canada for outdoors because of the short season.

Thing with autos is you have such a tiny window of opportunity to pump them, a simple tap and gap and when you come back they are finished, have to push them straight out of the gate find their limits..

how did it go?

and yeah they bloom young its normal, they just want to die as soon as possible, they are suicidal.

you have done nothing wrong. no point phoning the help line, let them die in peace and cremate them in a puff of smoke.

In memory of the short time you had together

Kiwiiwik

Yeah Autos are rubbish. Just a novelty.

Didn't go as good as I had hoped. Not horrible just way underwhelming. I did a handful of minor things wrong in the grow. I probably could have gotten 10-15% more had I done things right. I have a new setup I am dialing in and this was my first soil grow in there. Also My first soil grow in a very long time.

This was about 2 weeks before I cut them down.
DSCF17273.JPG

The bigger one wast trained as it was taking off so it was actually a lot bigger but doesn't show well in that pick...

Training11.jpg

about 2 weeks after training

Training21.jpg

Looking back now I think I cut them down early. The quick dry my wife says is potent and tasty. I haven't tried any yet. Still curing and I am on a break waiting for this job to pan out.

sampleBM.JPG

up close

Sample_BM_close.jpg

Yeah Autos are rubbish. Just a novelty.

Didn't go as good as I had hoped. Not horrible just way underwhelming. I did a handful of minor things wrong in the grow. I probably could have gotten 10-15% more had I done things right. I have a new setup I am dialing in and this was my first soil grow in there. Also My first soil grow in a very long time.

This was about 2 weeks before I cut them down.
DSCF17273.JPG

The bigger one wast trained as it was taking off so it was actually a lot bigger but doesn't show well in that pick...

Training11.jpg

about 2 weeks after training

Training21.jpg

Looking back now I think I cut them down early. The quick dry my wife says is potent and tasty. I haven't tried any yet. Still curing and I am on a break waiting for this job to pan out.

sampleBM.JPG

up close

Sample_BM_close.jpg

Well done, they look nice and makes for a Merry Xmas

I got 3 more that I may run next fall. I got real seeds with good genetics to run first. Blue Mystic is not a bad strain but Autos are just weak sauce.

Autos have mad potential, you just have to make sure your environment and everything is dialed in. I recently harvested 37oz dry cured bud from only 6 auto Mazars. My last grow, I got over 4 pounds from 6 auto. my auto Northern Lights yielded 14oz dry, yet my Dark Devil only 4.1oz. It also depends on strain.

However, if they start flowering before day 30, you will most likely get a crap yield. You can extend the veg time by not stressing them out at all and having a good environment. I grow in coco, perlite and rockwool, so I can control exactly what nutes they get and when they get them. I also feed daily.

Yeah I wont run coco so I probably wont ever make these run well. I don't need the novelty of an auto. Regulars work fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom