No Green Thumb: First Grow

Not even my worst fear but dude it would happen to me.. :confused: What and how did it happen and what do i do with it?? Ugh so is life

it's nothing you did, its just bad genetics.

At least you didn't spend the last 6 weeks on 4 big, beautiful skunky smelling plants only to find out THREE are male.
Omg well then you share my heartbreak (although i know yours is worse) just sad so sad i hope you were able to get them away in time ro at least save your female

Omg well then you share my heartbreak (although i know yours is worse) just sad so sad i hope you were able to get them away in time ro at least save your female
Yeah. Two showed sex after one night of 12 12 . The unknown female and the big indica creme brulee male. The smaller bushier creme Brulee and the mutant showed later. Cut them back to a bonsai/branch and was gonna grow them out and collect pollen but don't have a separate space and don't want this female pollinated till at least week 4 or 5. She is still stretching and only putting out preflowers.
That mutant plant was unlike anything ever. It wouldn't grow a main stem. All fan leaves on the main stem, including the first single. Only grew in big single twisty leaves. It was 1 inch tall to the cotyledon and first node and only ever grew branches. It essentially quad lined itself. It was stunted and smaller than the others but was still 18 inches wide and 12 inches tall with at least 12 dominate growing tops at canopy when it got culled.

Oh well. There is room in the tent to flower the poinsettia now.

Awww way to stay positive... Im still gonna keep this one till the end... Sally and i have now been through some shit... I fear i could have helped stress it causing this so maybe when seeds produce i may use some to see if its the genetics or just me... As you see from my journal name i have no green thumb so really everything i do is a new experience and def a learning one at that

Im reading about how if you keep up with the male parts you can still get a less seeded harvest... I wish i could get the temp under 75° ugh i cant wait for this to get easier and moments like this make me giggle and say ahh remember when...

Im reading about how if you keep up with the male parts you can still get a less seeded harvest... I wish i could get the temp under 75° ugh i cant wait for this to get easier and moments like this make me giggle and say ahh remember when...
I dont know for sure. As I understand it, after being pollinated the female will put all its energy into those seeds and resin/ thc production slow down. My thinking is, "introduce pollen too soon and you stop rezin production before it starts." Sure you have seeds for life, but uncontrolled pollen too soon will ruin the smoke, right?

Edit; I just reread your post. I wouldnt try and "keep up". You're not even flowering yet and it's throwing both. If you were 60 or 70% of the way in with a plant showing primarily female that throws out a pod or two, maybe that's an option. Especially if it's your only plant and wont ruin others.
But yours is showing male first then a odd female pistil or two. Just start over, you'll be happy you did. In 4 weeks you'll be switching to 12 12 again and it'll be like a test run.

I dont know for sure. As I understand it, after being pollinated the female will put all its energy into those seeds and resin/ thc production slow down. My thinking is, "introduce pollen too soon and you stop rezin production before it starts." Sure you have seeds for life, but uncontrolled pollen too soon will ruin the smoke, right?

Edit; I just reread your post. I wouldnt try and "keep up". You're not even flowering yet and it's throwing both. If you were 60 or 70% of the way in with a plant showing primarily female that throws out a pod or two, maybe that's an option. Especially if it's your only plant and wont ruin others.
But yours is showing male first then a odd female pistil or two. Just start over, you'll be happy you did. In 4 weeks you'll be switching to 12 12 again and it'll be like a test run.
Forgive me start over as in throw the plant or start over with veg cycle... I wouldnt even call myself a beginner even though all i do is read about this you would think it makes more sense... But if its showing more male right away that bad right?

Forgive me start over as in throw the plant or start over with veg cycle... I wouldnt even call myself a beginner even though all i do is read about this you would think it makes more sense... But if its showing more male right away that bad right?
Males don't make flower. Male is bad for anything but a little pollen to make a few seeds. But your plant is hermaphrodite and not "male". I would toss it out and drop a new bean if you have one.

How sad maybe its the foster parent in me or the lesbian or hell even the cousin of a transgenger that really makes it so incredibly hard to think about tossing this.... Like its less just because i almost feel like i owe it to finish its life cycle... Haha these are just parts of the reason that probably suck at growing stuff. I do plan on planting another i know i should bite the bullet but its just so hard

How sad maybe its the foster parent in me or the lesbian or hell even the cousin of a transgenger that really makes it so incredibly hard to think about tossing this.... Like its less just because i almost feel like i owe it to finish its life cycle... Haha these are just parts of the reason that probably suck at growing stuff. I do plan on planting another i know i should bite the bullet but its just so hard
Its easier to toss it now than to have to clean hermie pollen out of your grow space. If you want to give it a chance. Move it outside somewhere. Release it into the wild.

Its yours, you grew it. So, don't listen to me. Do what you want to do.

I appreciate any and all advice even if its not what i want to hear
:nervous-guy:Im just putting off the inevitable

Awww.... Although we know the fate of sally i do feel proud that its lookimg more full... Its really quite amazing to watch. Either way I know this is gonna help me in the long run. I'm sure i would feel different if I was experienced but I'm not so I dont see the harm.. Either way i appreciate you guys seeing me through this journey. :high-five: :ganjamon:

I'll post some pictures tomorrow. With my work schedule i dont get to check on it before bed anymore.

Happy fathers days to and and all dads here... Idk if its an American thing but today we celebrate dads... This is the first year i havent said it to my dad in 35 years... He wont walk me down the isle because I'm a lesbian and its his loss. He wishes he could be as cool as you guys lol :tommy:

Not worth the fight. But he wouldnt be the first living parent ive had to mourn. His loss im a kick ass daughter. Sucks though cuz he was my best friend and i didnt think he would make it a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom