No Green Thumb: First Grow

Although we know the fate of sally i do feel proud that its lookimg more full.

Look at it as a learning experience. Whoops, you already are ;) . I wouldn't waste resources on it, though, beyond the minimum. I suppose, while you are waiting on the arrival of better things, you could try your hand at pollen collection if you like, tying/taping some sort of small bag over the staminate flowers. I wouldn't keep that pollen, of course. But it might show you how easy that kind of thing is to do, for when (if) you decide at some future point to produce your own seeds. Pollen can be stored for a long time in the freezer, as long as it is kept dry, so if you ever get the chance to collect pollen from a fully-male plant, it will be the gift that keeps on giving (so to speak).

He wont walk me down the isle

That's sad. He isn't marrying the woman. It appears to be obvious that you're going to get married regardless of whether he attends the ceremony. Therefore, all he is doing is attempting to lessen what is a very important day for you. Although he may not fully understand that, IDK. Honestly, I hope he doesn't, because the alternative would be a terrible thing indeed. Many times, a parent who - for whatever reason - chooses not to attend their child's wedding eventually comes to regret that decision, and they have to live with it. Some wounds leave scars, and all that.

I have seen divorced parents who loathe each other manage to both attend their child's wedding and remain civil throughout (even, once, pose for pictures whilst smiling). Because they understood that it wasn't their day - it was their child's. So... IDK. I cannot really conceptualize your situation, other than intellectually, because I'm simply not wired that way. It is "beyond my ken," as they say in Scotland. Nonetheless, were you my daughter, I wouldn't consent to walk you down the aisle - I would insist on doing that thing.

Often, when I learn that someone is getting married, I will (with a little "tongue in cheek") congratulate the husband-to-be and wish the bride-to-be good luck. In this case... Congratulations and good luck to the both of you! May you grow old together, and do so gracefully.

ill never understand caring what two consenting adults do in a bedroom. extra sad when it tears families apart. i hope you continue to curate your life as a circle of positivity and love, and sorry you had to remove a family member from that circle.

Ya you guys . :):peace:

Ok so my tent is coming all together and i know it isn't in the pick but i have a vent fan pulling air fromthe tent to outside of it. Is my rinky dink light to close it seems like its too close...

Attachments

• 20200621_113026.jpg
    20200621_113026.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200621_112818.jpg
    20200621_112818.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200621_112647.jpg
    20200621_112647.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 41
Did you find out if it was an environmental factor that caused you plant to herm or do you think it could have been the genetics of the unknown bag seed?

I have zero experience with herms so I wouldn’t know but if I were to guess I would think the fact that it happened so quickly would point more to genetics. Again zero experience on this subject so hopefully someone can help you out before your next grow in case it is something environmental you have to fix.

Have you started any of the other seeds yet?:popcorn:

Did you find out if it was an environmental factor that caused you plant to herm or do you think it could have been the genetics of the unknown bag seed?

I have zero experience with herms so I wouldn’t know but if I were to guess I would think the fact that it happened so quickly would point more to genetics. Again zero experience on this subject so hopefully someone can help you out before your next grow in case it is something environmental you have to fix.

Have you started any of the other seeds yet?:popcorn:
Im gonna guess genetics if my shitty memory serves i remember the convo with my girl. I said dam i found a seed or two but it was decent bag so i didnt think much... Add that it was 3 maybe 4 years ago even though stored ina good place. I also for about a week couldnt get the right cooling down and it was above 80 or at 80 in the tent so i dont think it helped. Plus some oops with the light just seconds or longest a min when they went out during the wake time.

I do have other bagseeds but im getting some good autos soon and will prob start those after this one. Im finally catching onto watering and its getting thirsty so i feel confident with that. Im also using this plant and this time to work on how to make it more full. When i use the good ones i wanna be able to get a full bush (haha)

I want to also practice trimming I've pruned flowers but thats also where i end up hurting or killing. Im a nervous nelly but i dont want my future stuff to be like this one.

Ok, just watch out you don’t get pollen everywhere, it will give you issues when it comes time for your autos if not neutralized 100% from your grow area and worse if it somehow ends up in your home’s hvac system, if you have one.

I would say since you think you have a handle on some of these growing things, it might be time to turn herm into a topical and move on. Magnus has a good thread about this and uses grape seed oil when infusing his cannabis. Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

This shows it better doesnt it... Those are the banana things they talk about... I just want to be 1000% sure and im gonna to that thread right now. With my ladies back pain it might be the perfect start to helping her with the pain

Attachments

• 20200621_202847.jpg
    20200621_202847.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 44
Im just being bummed out you can see all those trichome things (thats those mushroom shape thingys right) well it just looks like it should have been pretty....

I can't be absolutely certain, because you used purple lighting for your picture (color blind) but, yes, it does appear that you have both pistillate and staminate flowers on the same plant.

You could make a topical, perform some kind of extraction for cooking or smoking, or get some king-sized papers and roll supersized joints. That last will probably only be useful if you haven't had anything else to smoke in a while, or are only looking for some sort of health benefit other than the mental aspects of a good buzz, lol.

Hi @midwestgrown , only just came across your journal! I'm a newbie grower too.

I'm sorry to hear about your herm. I'm also sorry to hear about your complicated fathers day. As someone who feels isolated from their father, and someone who dates a queer-identifying person, I can relate on many levels.

Take care! I'm going to follow along to see what you decide to do next with your growing!

:green_heart:

lol I feel like right now it couldn't be worse then what I have to spend 100 on here... found a white seed in a bag and had to let her know... just because she is a new source were still "friends" and to me I know I never cared about what kind it was unless sativa or Indica.. but this is just stupid and the fact that literally this is the loudest I've ever been about smoking I'm tired of not being open enough to people and people just taking advantage of that. I'm used to older crowd who just wanted to spread the happiness but I also paid decent price for. Out this way its you get what you get because people are just selfish and stupid.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I also have been practicing with bagseed, and my first "grow" (which was entirely accidental) was about as bad as it can get! I did manage to get it to harvest, but I will be lucky to get a full spliff from the whole thing.

I think you will find this experience will be far from a waste! You'll be well primed for the next one.

I did catch a little bit of your journal you gave me some hope but then my hope was crushed lol... I feel awful cutting it down. But i dont want it to mess up anything in the future... I plan on cleaning it down but do u guys think any pollen was released?

They have no good videos on how to trim they go really fast and i cant actually see what they are cutting... I was hoping to get some practice in on that but im cutting sally up and then im gonna plant a new seed tonight see how it goes. Maybe ill get lucky now that the enviornment seems to be a constant instead of surprises... I'll start a new journal and make a new tag...

Its been real Sally...

I do want to thank you all i feel like this next one will be the one! At least if its not my autos should be here and then i know we'll have something to work with. You are all wonderful and amazing emotional support for a wreck like me...

They have no good videos on how to trim they go really fast and i cant actually see what they are cutting... I was hoping to get some practice in on that but im cutting sally up and then im gonna plant a new seed tonight see how it goes. Maybe ill get lucky now that the enviornment seems to be a constant instead of surprises... I'll start a new journal and make a new tag...

Its been real Sally...

I do want to thank you all i feel like this next one will be the one! At least if its not my autos should be here and then i know we'll have something to work with. You are all wonderful and amazing emotional support for a wreck like me...

Let us know if and when you start a new one :cheer:

As for trimming, I found this video randomly on YT, just then.

From skipping through it seemed a pretty straightforward/sensible approach he's taken, and there are pretty good close-ups of it.

Mostly it's about removing the fan leaves and trimming down the sugar leaves.

Chop, chop! I would say it’s small enough you can just take everything from the ground up for your topical but I’m no expert.

Like TS said, you’ll see that the flowers ;) have opened up, releasing the pollen. If they are still shut you shouldn’t have to worry. It is still a good idea to wipe down and sanitize your equipment between grows as a good practice to have. You never know what may have been lurking around from the last grow that could affect the next.

Back
Top Bottom