No Green Thumb: First Grow

Looks like half a container's worth of used soil, heavily cut with perlite. Or coco coir, heavily cut with perlite. Or peat, heavily cut with perlite. Or... But it looks like there might be a tiny piece or two of a stick in there, so my first guess was soil/perlite.

Your friend would be more likely to know than us.

Fill it the rest of the way up (mix well) and plant a pepper plant in it. They make great houseplants, and if you like the "bonsai tree look," you can get that with a pepper plant within a year or so instead of 10 years, 20 years, or a lifetime or work/care. Plus, they provide peppers (if they receive enough light).

the spirit of the joke being that you get confident when DWC goes well and lose said confidence when it doesn't!

Ah. Okay. Maybe if you lack self-esteem or whatever, and don't realize that you just learned something. Life is about learning things. Anything else good that happens is just a bonus. And when you know more than you did before, isn't that a confidence booster? IDK...

I think i just need a new phone or camera... Haha here is my last ditch attempt at trying to get a clear close up...

Attachments

• 20200619_113455.jpg
    20200619_113455.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200619_113451.jpg
    20200619_113451.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200619_113412.jpg
    20200619_113412.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 37
Looks like half a container's worth of used soil, heavily cut with perlite. Or coco coir, heavily cut with perlite. Or peat, heavily cut with perlite. Or... But it looks like there might be a tiny piece or two of a stick in there, so my first guess was soil/perlite.

Your friend would be more likely to know than us.

Fill it the rest of the way up (mix well) and plant a pepper plant in it. They make great houseplants, and if you like the "bonsai tree look," you can get that with a pepper plant within a year or so instead of 10 years, 20 years, or a lifetime or work/care. Plus, they provide peppers (if they receive enough light).

She doesnt know lol it was all stuff from her ex and she could care less then asking... I just leave it be for now. Take the junk witht the gold though by taking this thing i got a free light and all his nutrients so i win i suppose... At least i have you guys to teach me... I really do want a pepper plant I've been weary but mayne now is my time to give it a go. Im still working on my raddishes. They should be popping up any day.

Radishes are fun, because many varieties of them are so quick from seed to harvest. Leaf lettuce is another quick one. Any leafy green, really, because you can begin nibbling early. Swiss chard can be colorful and is another easy one. Kale, if you can stand it. Spinach - it turns out that fresh spinach leaves are nothing like the garbage they used to throw on the plate in grade school cafeterias and call "spinach." Onions around the perimeter, planted closely together to discourage rabbits (although a really hungry animal isn't going to starve because it doesn't like the scent of what it has to hop over to get to the feast, lol). Pretty soon, you've got half the makings of a good salad. If you've got a southern-facing kitchen window, these things can work in one of those wider containers, attached to the outside. Open window and harvest lunch ;) .

Luckily Im on the third level no rabbits getting up here lol... I am planning to get a raised garden bed for the balcony but idk if were gonna move at the end of the lease... My downstairs neighbor leaves her dogs outside my window and all they do is bark... Them barking doesnt piss me off its her lack of care. And i dont get any good sunlight on my side until maybe 5pm

I found someone in Nevada that im gonna get 3 fem girl scout seeds and 3 auto sour diesel. Ive researched many strains and dor whats available these would make great first plants for me

If it is a girl Im gonna name her Sally after my mother in law haha... She drives me crazy and was a late bloomer to :rofl:

I found someone in Nevada that im gonna get 3 fem girl scout seeds and 3 auto sour diesel. Ive researched many strains and dor whats available these would make great first plants for me
Did you find them on strainly?

Yes!! Your the best Im so excited im gonna take my time with this one and keep researching so when i get those ones i have a better chance

Did you find them on strainly?

That setup kind of scares me. As far as I know, that's an entity located in the United States (thus, subject to US laws) - and its website is located on a server in the us (ditto). It appears to be, in practice, a "meet up" website for sellers, who could be anyone at all. They're supposed to be legal. Even if that is the case, they aren't legal om the federal sense. Ones located in the US are, again, subject to US laws. If they're selling to people out of state, they're breaking multiple US federal laws. Now I realize that the odds of getting nailed for doing business with someone via that website are low... There's a non-zero chance of that. If anyone at the "D" ever gets bored - or wants to climb a rung or two at the agency - if probably wouldn't be a Herculean task to perform a legal takedown on it. Same goes for the "F." Used to be, when suchlike occurred, and someone tried to access the website, they'd be presented with a notification screen stating that the website had been "put down" by whichever agency it was that did it. But I have occasionally read, over the past ten years or so, of websites getting taken over but not immediately shut down. Kind of like when a cr@ck dealer gets caught and the cops wait - and watch - for a while in order to make a bunch of additional arrests.

Likely? IDK. Possible? Yep.

Everyone takes some risks in life; this is unavoidable. I figure it's probably a good idea to minimize the more obvious ones, lol. That's one of the reasons I've made this forum my little virtual "cannabis home" on the Internet. Its owner is both intelligent and caring enough to have located it on a non-domestic server. Minimizing risks...

Good luck, midwestgrown, and be safe.

So far ive read up on every possible outcome and so far no one in US history has gone go jail over seeds buuuut they can and will take them and sens me a nice scary letter saying they took them. Most of these are for "novelty" i did add a CBD just in case because that is legal to have here

Your not wrong TS it all scares the shit outta me. My dad was a sherrif when i was growing up so he never failed at making me know all the laws that i could and to never break them... If it fails im out 40 bucks and so far that is a loss i can handle if for some reason they dont make it here.

Yeah, all of the sites, seeds, and plants are illegal for me. Our state has legal medical, but rec and growing are illegal.
So...tomato/tomaato.
We almost moved to Colorado a few years ago but i don't know if I can handle the cold. We don't have winters here, just summer and diet summer LOL
Figure my risk is lower with a few plants discretely in my garage than buying black market weed every week or two.

I'm just paranoid. When I was a kid, someone in the neighborhood who looked way tougher than I'll ever be got sent up for a stretch. One day, after he'd been released, he was working on his mother's roof. It was a hot August day and he had taken his shirt off. I happened to glance up - and noticed that someone had tattooed a pair of tits onto his back. I figured out right then and there that prison was someplace that I really didn't ever want to end up in, lol.

So I just order from established, overseas businesses (and ones that don't have their website on a domestic server, or a website that uses a Cloudflare script), and pay cash. They don't get sent to my address, either. Because, like I stated, I'm paranoid. My shadow walks ten feet behind me ;).

I'm just paranoid. When I was a kid, someone in the neighborhood who looked way tougher than I'll ever be got sent up for a stretch. One day, after he'd been released, he was working on his mother's roof. It was a hot August day and he had taken his shirt off. I happened to glance up - and noticed that someone had tattooed a pair of tits onto his back. I figured out right then and there that prison was someplace that I really didn't ever want to end up in, lol.

So I just order from established, overseas businesses (and ones that don't have their website on a domestic server, or a website that uses a Cloudflare script), and pay cash. They don't get sent to my address, either. Because, like I stated, I'm paranoid. My shadow walks ten feet behind me ;).
Your more then right ugh

Yeah, all of the sites, seeds, and plants are illegal for me. Our state has legal medical, but rec and growing are illegal.
So...tomato/tomaato.
We almost moved to Colorado a few years ago but i don't know if I can handle the cold. We don't have winters here, just summer and diet summer LOL
Figure my risk is lower with a few plants discretely in my garage than buying black market weed every week or two.
Haha winter here is -20's we get like 3 months of "nice" above 60s...
I was born in Las Vegas and was raised in heat but now with such mild summers here i am a pussy with anything over 80 but let me tell u we get as humid as florida.
Im literally in an island of legal or medical with no hope in sight of a change.. Which is funny seeings as we elected a dem gov for this change. We usually follow suit with Illinois but notthia time. We have a pretty republican very conservative house... Im still fingers crossed due to covid that it will be just straight legalized in 2021 seeing we lost all of our tourist budget which is billions but i just dont know. Only time will tell

I am also figuring that if i can clone them i should be able to plant one as a mother I'll be able to preserve seeds. I am pretty solo i dont have any friends just my lady i know i smoke a decent amount but not like super crazy. Im not doing this for money or an income we do alright lol... I wish i could be as cool as most everyone on this forum but ill be happy im sure. Anything to help my insomnia and constant nausea would be just fine with me. I dont just settle for garbage but i def dont get the goood stuff with the fancy names

Here is a bad job that im just messing around trying to show but im pretty sure its a hair... Lol you can barley call what i have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree so its probably like woah bitch just let me grow and i'm just poking it with the proverbial stick saying do something.... All the while its me! Its me who should be doing something..... Very hard palm to face... Although i have been moving things over to try and help new growth. I'm back at work now so im hoping that now i have something else to keep me occupied so i can just let it be. I have zero patience but i wont lie i was a lot nicer at work and think my new gardening love has a lot to do with that

That's a hermaphrodite for sure. There are pistils, indicating female calyx but there is also a pollen pod on the right side and a possibly open pod on the left. The other picture looks like a female calyx/pistil coming out of a pollen pod.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but She's a Shemale.

Back
Top Bottom