No Green Thumb: First Grow

I was doing really well for a while with rapid rooters under a dome until i had tiny bugs living in the pores of the rapid rooters eating the new root growth. So i figured they couldn't get the roots under the water in the cup which wound up saving a LOT of space in my tiny garden and there's a lot less scrubbing between rounds of clones!

I am def gonna practice on this one before i get a good strain. It makes me so nervous on where to cut. Like i understand but for such a newbie like me its scary the first time.

I've found that supporting the stem makes all the difference in the world.
I used to think I was screwing something up with the cuts or hormones, etc.
So if I have a single cutting I'll cut the top off of a water bottle and put the clone in it (which gives plenty of support), then I'll slide the bottle into a solo cup which helps block the light out. If I have a bunch of cuttings (4-8) I'll put them all in a solo cup as they hold each other up.

I am def gonna practice on this one before i get a good strain. It makes me so nervous on where to cut. Like i understand but for such a newbie like me its scary the first time.
definitely check out some videos online! I'll see if I can record cutting a clone

That would be great the uppotting had me just in awe like what in the fuck.... How could i have been so wrong my whole life

Did it finally do a boy thing? Would these be the balls opening up or would i still have time for that? I do wanna try and work on cloning... I'll wait till i check out soe videos and southern send one my way when you do take another i wanna see

Attachments

• 20200618_213726.jpg
    20200618_213726.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200618_213048~2.jpg
    20200618_213048~2.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200617_215705.jpg
    20200617_215705.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200618_213259.jpg
    20200618_213259.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 41
I can tomorrow its in bed and i have an irrational fear of doing anything during sleep.. Im not fancy with my technology so i can try to use something on the computer to maybe zoom.... There was a situation yesterday where i blew the whole side of the apartment... Hehe oops the lights were kinda fucked with but that would be the ony "stress" and i feel like people are more rough so i sure hope its a girl... It has been the sowest going plant i have ever dealth with buuuut thw best lesson is i need to respect time and not to rush... Nothing is gonna happen over 1 night... Although im in week 2 of 12:12

Can you get us a clear close up picture of what you circled? I see Pistils so def a female unless it hermied lol.... It that case it could grow both.
Here is a bad job that im just messing around trying to show but im pretty sure its a hair... Lol you can barley call what i have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree so its probably like woah bitch just let me grow and i'm just poking it with the proverbial stick saying do something.... All the while its me! Its me who should be doing something..... Very hard palm to face... Although i have been moving things over to try and help new growth. I'm back at work now so im hoping that now i have something else to keep me occupied so i can just let it be. I have zero patience but i wont lie i was a lot nicer at work and think my new gardening love has a lot to do with that

Attachments

• 20200618_213732.jpg
    20200618_213732.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 42
Nothing is gonna happen over 1 night.

Nightmares visions of the time I unthinkingly added way too much General Hydroponics Rare Earth product to a DWC reservoir, compounded the problem by not checking pH, and returned the next day to find most of the plant's leaves on the floor... dancing through my head.

Never say never, lol. Or something like that.

Nightmares visions of the time I unthinkingly added way too much General Hydroponics Rare Earth product to a DWC reservoir, compounded the problem by not checking pH, and returned the next day to find most of the plant's leaves on the floor... dancing through my head.

Never say never, lol. Or something like that.

DWC trigger warning! NIghtmares of wilted plants NOOOO!!!

(to the new grower DWC stands for Deep water culture, a hydroponic method where plants grow very quickly in a bucket of water with an air stone and then suddenly die when ANYTHING is slightly off) LMAO...errrr happy thoughts happy thoughts

(to the new grower DWC stands for Deep water culture, a hydroponic method where plants grow very quickly in a bucket of water with an air stone and then suddenly die when ANYTHING is slightly off

I'll agree with you - if, by "ANYThING is slightly off," you mean "a guy who once managed to get TWO gold medals for the same Dumblympics event was in a hurry to go dip his hook into interesting waters so he did something that jacked the nutrient solution to somewhat above 10 (LMAO) and left without a care in the world." Otherwise, nah, it's safer than soil ;) .

I'll agree with you - if, by "ANYThING is slightly off," you mean "a guy who once managed to get TWO gold medals for the same Dumblympics event was in a hurry to go dip his hook into interesting waters so he did something that jacked the nutrient solution to somewhat above 10 (LMAO) and left without a care in the world." Otherwise, nah, it's safer than soil ;) .

Growing in DWC was like playing The Oregon Trail as a kid..."your water temp rose from 75 to 80, your plants died of dissentary" or root slime or whatever.

Moral of the story, whenever I see a thread titled "New Grower with DWC issues please help!!" I cringe

Lol ohhhh come on guys its not that bad. All you need in DWC is beneficiary bacteria (res temp doesnt matter if you have this), manage your pH, air, and manage your nutrient solution throughout the grow. Once you get it dialed in its actually easier in a sense you can fix problems faster.

Lol ohhhh come on guys its not that bad. All you need in DWC is beneficiary bacteria (res temp doesnt matter if you have this), manage your pH, air, and manage your nutrient solution throughout the grow. Once you get it dialed in its actually easier in a sense you can fix problems faster.
I agree 100% but probably not the best style of growing for a new Grower to start in unless you have someone mentoring you along the way.

the spirit of the joke being that you get confident when DWC goes well and lose said confidence when it doesn't!
"Hell yeah! I got this! Wait, what's happening? no...no...NOOOOO!!!"
Okay, next round I need a $500 chiller and another $300 thingy...and a $500 doser thingy...and a better $100 PH pen...ah, screw it I'm going back to coco and dynagro!" LOL

Is that what this is? My friend gave me a bunch of stuff this was imcluded... Im to scared to try with it

Attachments

• 2020-06-19 11.28.16.jpg
    2020-06-19 11.28.16.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom