Noreastfog, 12 Pot Ebb & Grow, First Ever Grow

I strive to be a master grower rather than just being able to comment and support tupperware.

PitViper for President!

Aside from the excellent grow support you provide, I can't tell you how hard I'm laughing at your quote above. A well crafted statement if ever there were a politician!

I think Rubbermaid might want to sponsor you!

All humor aside, I think most of us see your point. A group within a "group" or community just creates cliques, stuff we can all do without.

Much Respect PV
SF

PitViper for President!

Aside from the excellent grow support you provide, I can't tell you how hard I'm laughing at your quote above. A well crafted statement if ever there were a politician!

I think Rubbermaid might want to sponsor you!

All humor aside, I think most of us see your point. A group within a "group" or community just creates cliques, stuff we can all do without.

Much Respect PV
SF

I think your words were better than mine

I just want little babies that grow into little girls, and then young ladies, and then old ladies with big sticky buds... all without drama, or me f..ing it up

no more drama...sorry to vent on your thread...that was wrong.. Ill help you all the time any time.

I just want little babies that grow into little girls, and then young ladies, and then old ladies with big sticky buds... all without drama, or me f..ing it up

Bunch of us watching. We're with you brotha.

As some slogan goes, "You're in Good Hands".

SF

no more drama...sorry to vent on your thread...that was wrong.. Ill help you all the time any time.
Hey Pit I wasn't offended
My previous post wasn't directed at you or anyone really, I agree no drama. I just want to grow, not build and fiddle with a system. I know lots of people who get their "shits and giggles" out of building and innovating, and all power to them, that's how things progress. Vivie le differance! (or something like that)
Pit BTW you the man

Whats up Noreastfog!
Your setup looks pro man, your plants are in heaven. Glad to see you're working through all your stuff. If you go to the beginning of my journal, it looks almost the same, slight nute burn, and shock. It's hard not to become a worried mom when your girls start looking ill. It's really nice to have Pit here to hold your hand huh? I know that I might have freaked out if I didn't have his reassurance. Oh yeah, I am excited that you're growing Blueberry, is it DJ Shorts, or Dutch Passion? I was looking around, and I can supposedly get Dj Shorts near me... but no Dutch. I would have to order the seeds, and my experience with ordering seeds has been less than exciting. Take care, and I will be lurking around until those girls are falling down from weight.

I guess i cant reply to PM messages until my post count is up? I have a ebb and gro 8 plants going. I placed spacers underneath the pots because the roots were growin down there. is this necessary? My leaves were curling upward and was thinking maybe that would help.... im a rookie and am so glad to find some peep usin the ebb and grow with success. im glad i got it now for sure. Growing some Grape Ape btw

I guess i cant reply to PM messages until my post count is up? I have a ebb and gro 8 plants going. I placed spacers underneath the pots because the roots were growin down there. is this necessary? My leaves were curling upward and was thinking maybe that would help.... im a rookie and am so glad to find some peep usin the ebb and grow with success. im glad i got it now for sure. Growing some Grape Ape btw

I personally use spacers, but I didn't add them until about week 6. So, I don't think it would present this issue. But there are a lot of variables that would make a difference. How often are you flooding, for how long? What's your PH, whats your medium, Reservoir Temp, Canopy temp, Rh. Without all that info, or pics, it's going to be hard to figure out whats wrong.

Ph did climb to 7 + finally got a meter before putting them into flowering mode a week and a half ago. since then it has been from 5.9- 6.2. currently i am at 5.9. room\canopy 75 deg. humidity 46%. not sure of res temp but im sure its below 75 deg. i am using hydroton, 8 buckets. they are not droopy and are pretty errect and have their leaves up to the light, which is a 1000w hps. the leaves are curling up a little bit towards the edges still but other than that they are not looking to bad... i used a quarter strength on the nutes just to be safe. I am feeding 4 times a day, 5 min before lights on (12/12) then 3hrs later. then 3hrs later then 5 min b4 lights off

Ph did climb to 7 + finally got a meter before putting them into flowering mode a week and a half ago. since then it has been from 5.9- 6.2. currently i am at 5.9. room\canopy 75 deg. humidity 46%. not sure of res temp but im sure its below 75 deg. i am using hydroton, 8 buckets. they are not droopy and are pretty errect and have their leaves up to the light, which is a 1000w hps. the leaves are curling up a little bit towards the edges still but other than that they are not looking to bad... i used a quarter strength on the nutes just to be safe. I am feeding 4 times a day, 5 min before lights on (12/12) then 3hrs later. then 3hrs later then 5 min b4 lights off

hydro likes to get down to 5.5-5.6 on the bottom side and 6.0-6.1 on the top side. try to get them to feed in between that range, and try to get the whole range. everything else sounds good bro. but don't over do it trying to get it to move around. 5.6 is where i want it to sit if it doesn't drift up. check your nute company's website for instructions, and they should have a suggested pH. usually 5.5 or 5.6 in hydro. That's where the widest range of nutes are available to the roots.

reaching for the light is a good sign, usually a sign you can up the nutes slightly and slowly.

i would feed in even increments. 4-6 times a day, the idea is to keep the roots in a good fresh mixture of water and air. never too wet and never too dry. whatever schedule achieves that given your environment will work best.

good luck bro. you should be fine if you can keep everything you got right now stable and kick the pH down a bit.

Whats up Noreastfog!
Your setup looks pro man, your plants are in heaven. Glad to see you're working through all your stuff. If you go to the beginning of my journal, it looks almost the same, slight nute burn, and shock. It's hard not to become a worried mom when your girls start looking ill. It's really nice to have Pit here to hold your hand huh? I know that I might have freaked out if I didn't have his reassurance. Oh yeah, I am excited that you're growing Blueberry, is it DJ Shorts, or Dutch Passion? I was looking around, and I can supposedly get Dj Shorts near me... but no Dutch. I would have to order the seeds, and my experience with ordering seeds has been less than exciting. Take care, and I will be lurking around until those girls are falling down from weight.

Thanks for stopping in and the compliment on the set-up, I just tried to mimic what I saw on here. It had to be stealth from my family (extended not immediate). I still have adjustments/improvements, I'm learning to take it as a process, it will never be perfect. I will have four seasons to deal with, from deep freeze to heat waves, and all humidity levels, and power outages. They scare me the most, I'm still not prepared ($$$)
Pits help is immeasurable!
I'm not exactly sure on the true genetics of my strain, They came from a local med grower, but I wasn't able to ask many questions. It was simply "they are Blueberry".
The girls look pretty good this morning, it's 1 week tonight

Hey Mico, If you are a couple of weeks into bloom you are waaaay ahead of me! And it sound like you're doing great. There are lots on here who can help, but like Slo said they need the information and pics to really properly diagnose. Hopefully you can get pics up I'd love to see your grow!

Okay just completed my first Res change. Out with old in with the new. Water temp sitting around 7 C (45 F). Added my Grow A and Grow B in the correct ratio per volume and checked the PPM with my meter. I have a BlueLab Truncheon. I'm aiming for 1000PPM. The meter reads 500PPM.

I'm using pretty much the same volume of water (a little less actually) as last time. Last time however water temp would have been around 70 F.

Is my meter not reading accurately or am I that far off?

Here are the ratios and my volumes:
Equal Parts of Grow A and B at 2.5 ml per liter or 2 tsp per gal
120 L or 30 gal of water

300ml of A and B or 10.15 oz of each

I added 1 and 1/3 cups of A and B

Is that correct?

I added a humidifier to my room today and an air stone to my res.
It also just occurred to me that I had the air stone on while taking my nute reading, could that affect the reading?

Okay just completed my first Res change. Out with old in with the new. Water temp sitting around 7 C (45 F). Added my Grow A and Grow B in the correct ratio per volume and checked the PPM with my meter. I have a BlueLab Truncheon. I'm aiming for 1000PPM. The meter reads 500PPM.

Congrats on the Res swap. Did you use a seperate pump? I purchased a pump from home depot and rigged up a tube attached to a hanger, then I just sit the hanger in the Res and it pumps out through a garden hose.

My water is also this cold when filling. Sounds like we're both in the same climate. I usually won't flood when the water is this cold, I set the timer to skip about 8 hours for the water to get up to room temp. In the basement after about 1 day(ish) it's up to 67, then settles at about 74.

I'm using pretty much the same volume of water (a little less actually) as last time. Last time however water temp would have been around 70 F.

That sounds reasonable, I think the manual mentions 25 or 30 gallons being the minimum amount of water you should have on-board.

Is my meter not reading accurately or am I that far off?

Here are the ratios and my volumes:
Equal Parts of Grow A and B at 2.5 ml per liter or 2 tsp per gal
120 L or 30 gal of water

300ml of A and B or 10.15 oz of each

I added 1 and 1/3 cups of A and B

Is that correct?

It does look like you are "light" on the nutes. I checked the feed chart and it says 5ml/liter which would be 600ml (5*120=600ml), about double what you said you added. And that would be why you are reading 500 on your meter. (If my math is correct, ;-)

https://www.hydroponics.com/nutrient/images/GroA_B_feed_chart.pdf

I added a humidifier to my room today and an air stone to my res.
It also just occurred to me that I had the air stone on while taking my nute reading, could that affect the reading?

Kudos for the humidifer, I also have to run one during these winter months. But on the flipside, less humidity is great for the flower cycle! The airstone shouldn't affect your reading. Again, I think you're a little low on the nutes.

Excellent job!!! Thumbs up.
SF

Thanks for the reply SF. I was way lite on the nutes. Thanks for posting the chart link, the info I was using was from DNF but not as clear :reading420magazine:. I guess numbers don't lie (or meters). Back on track now. I had PH balanced with the low nute level, so when I added the necessary additional nutes it dropped the PH way low. No worries it is coming back it was about 4.7 last night and about 5.2 this morning. it should climb some more. I was probably keeping my PH on the high side anyway, 5.9-6.4

I think the humidifier will do wonders for the girls.

They look good this morning, I will post pics tomorrow should be a dramatic difference.

Thanks for the reply SF. I was way lite on the nutes. Thanks for posting the chart link, the info I was using was from DNF but not as clear :reading420magazine:. I guess numbers don't lie (or meters). Back on track now. I had PH balanced with the low nute level, so when I added the necessary additional nutes it dropped the PH way low. No worries it is coming back it was about 4.7 last night and about 5.2 this morning. it should climb some more. I was probably keeping my PH on the high side anyway, 5.9-6.4

I think the humidifier will do wonders for the girls.

They look good this morning, I will post pics tomorrow should be a dramatic difference.

I would recommend adding PH up to get your level to about 5.5. My goal is to start at 5.5 and let it drift up to 6.2, then drop it back to 5.5. It generally takes about 2 days for my PH to rise from 5.5 to 6.2, different nutes will probably act different. I attempt to never have my ph range outside those levels.

Hey fellow Bucketheads.

Didn't know if you've seen these charts yet, but they've been the best I've seen for a visually representation of where nutes get the most benefit at certain PH levels.

phnutrcombo1.gif

Nutrient_Chart.jpg

Thought I'd share these with the club members.

Y'all have a great day. Can't wait to see some more pics tomorrow.

SF

Back
Top Bottom