Northern Lights Auto: Budget LED & First Grow

Philips LED 100W A19 Daylight (5000K) Non Dimmable - Case of 8 Bulbs | The Home Depot Canada

Above is the link to the bulb. I will have 7 of those per plant when my adapter finally arrives.

I'm interested to see what you dig up. Keep in mind I have removed the opaque globe off each of the bulbs to get direct exposure to the LED.

:Namaste:

Couldn't find any useful information but it seems you will have 98 watts per plant (7 bulbs x 14 watts each) and 3 rigs of them so a total of almost 300 watts. I don't remember off hand how much square footage you have but in veg that would be pretty ok for 15 square feet @ 20 watts per.

Going to need a bunch of 2700k's that they have available fort flowering though. Figure 50 watts per square foot then.

Day 7:

Kids are growing up so fast. I watered this AM with CalMag. 1.5ml into 2L of water. I split that 2L across all three plants.

I'm growing a bit worried about the amount of space I'm working with, not so much the head room but foot print. As a result I have decided to give 2 of my plants the best spot in the chamber, and let one struggle a bit more. If I can see room will be an issue, than my struggling plant (Peterson) will move to a friends commercial grow to finish off.

Here are the latest:

Favre: The seedling I had to help out of it's shell, and wasn't convinced would make it by far my strongest.
IMG_0018264.JPG

Moss:
IMG_0019242.JPG

Peterson:
IMG_0020244.JPG

Thinking of starting my base nutrients on my next feed, thoughts?

It doesn't hurt to give them some food, see how they react and get them used to it. Hell, I gave my seeds a soaking in the nute water and let them drop to the bottom, then wrapped them up in a paper towel that was soaked in the same solution. Rang it out of course before putting them in their baggie to pop.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Couldn't find any useful information but it seems you will have 98 watts per plant (7 bulbs x 14 watts each) and 3 rigs of them so a total of almost 300 watts. I don't remember off hand how much square footage you have but in veg that would be pretty ok for 15 square feet @ 20 watts per.

Going to need a bunch of 2700k's that they have available fort flowering though. Figure 50 watts per square foot then.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

All wattage is, is a measure of power draw. With leds you're never going to draw the same wattage as a cfl or hps. The equivalency of the bulbs should be closer measure to a cfl grow, or am I wrong?

If we measure in lumens I'll be well within the 2k - 5k per sq/ft.

If we,re measuring in wattage draw not equivalent, you run out of space.

I might be way off but all the reading I have done seems to suggest 21 bulbs will leave me more than covered.

Cedru, I'm honestly asking questions and appreciate you bringing this forward before it's too late

Anyone have another insight?

To save people from having to read back, here is my lighting plan for a 4x2x4 ft reflective lined box.

7:1 adapter. The bulbs I chose were 100w equivalent, 5000k, with 1600 lumens per bulb. My plan is to mount 3 or these adapters (giving me a total of 21 bulbs) for a total of 33600 lumenS. 2100 w equivalent.

All wattage is, is a measure of power draw. With leds you're never going to draw the same wattage as a cfl or hps. The equivalency of the bulbs should be closer measure to a cfl grow, or am I wrong?

If we measure in lumens I'll be well within the 2k - 5k per sq/ft.

If we,re measuring in wattage draw not equivalent, you run out of space.

I might be way off but all the reading I have done seems to suggest 21 bulbs will leave me more than covered.

Cedru, I'm honestly asking questions and appreciate you bringing this forward before it's too late

Anyone have another insight?

The way that i was told was not to go by the watts, but by how much it gets pulled from the wall. In vegetative stage, I was also told to have 20 watts per square foot in veg and 50 in flower, minimum.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Never used either one good old flora grow series. but man that's quite the line up your girls are gonna love it

Day 9:

They're literally growing by the hour. I had moved them within a few inches of my LED's but I was noticing a bit of "canoeing" on the leaves, which after a bit of research suggested they were likely too close to the lights and a bit stressed because of it.

Last night I was reading a few completed Auto Journals, and decided to start my nutrients yesterday. I split the recommended dosage by half and what a difference overnight.

Nutrients into 2L of water:
Micro/Grow/Bloom pH perfect: 2ml per
CalMag: 2ml
Voodoo Juice: 4ml (this is root care, and only used for 2 weeks of the veg cycle so I didn't split it)
B-52 Vitamins: 2ml

Favre: leaned over to the centre of the light source
IMG_0021225.JPG

Moss: taken over lead horse in the last few days
IMG_0022225.JPG

Peterson: suffered the canoeing a bit early and doesn't have a prime light position in the box due to the fact I'm pretty sure I will only have room for 2.
IMG_0023209.JPG

Please let me know your thoughts... I love input from the more experienced.

I think you're right lst to keep them all!

Day 10:

My clawing seems to have stopped, the leaves aren't returning to shape but it hasn't gotten worse. Moved them away from the light, direct fan and gave them a big drink, no nutes.

Just smoked for the first time sitting with my garden. Felt so good knowing the batch will be mine.

I think you're right lst to keep them all!

Day 10:

My clawing seems to have stopped, the leaves aren't returning to shape but it hasn't gotten worse. Moved them away from the light, direct fan and gave them a big drink, no nutes.

Just smoked for the first time sitting with my garden. Felt so good knowing the batch will be mine.

Most definitely a good feeling lol. Mine are 23 days into veg and Im already thinking about buds. I dont even know if theyre girls! haha.

Day 11: Nutes!

Fed Micro/Grow/Bloom, Voodoo Juice, B-52, CalMag.

Fed according to Advanced Nutrients guidelines, being they're a cannabis specific brand I didn't tone it down based on they're mobile App. Only exception to the reduced amount was the CalMag.

Favre:
IMG_0027206.JPG

Moss:
IMG_0028200.JPG

Peterson:
IMG_0029181.JPG

What are your thoughts are far as growth? Do they look behind what is expected for NL Auto?

Hey, I'm new to this also. Do you check the ph of the water? I read it has to be under 6.2 for the plant to absorb the calmag.

Hey, I'm new to this also. Do you check the ph of the water? I read it has to be under 6.2 for the plant to absorb the calmag.

My water comes out of the tap at 6.3, and I'm using a pH perfect nutrient. According to the label as long as we fall within range, it will auto correct.

I honestly hadn't read that CalMag absorption was below 6.2, and it seems really low but what do I know?

Anyone have something to help us new kids?

My water comes out of the tap at 6.3, and I'm using a pH perfect nutrient. According to the label as long as we fall within range, it will auto correct.

I honestly hadn't read that CalMag absorption was below 6.2, and it seems really low but what do I know?

Anyone have something to help us new kids?

I'm using the same line and ended up getting a nute lockout recently(as in last week). Ended up PHing and it fixed the problem.

Before.
Notice deficiencies and really light colored leaves.
72fddbddd03f9e8dfae564cab552dd26.jpg

After.
3 days of PHing the PH perfect
8058794ca7db6b5785e2c31d520fb873.jpg

5c4f95d2642e38d29e842daa9dd0d94f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom