Northern Lights - Building An Army

how small do you mean small??? like solo cups? or you thinkin even smaller? smaller the container the quicker they root?

ya.. solo cups...they don't root in the cup, they root in the cloner, put em in the cups til they hook up and start growin....after they root in the cloner...the better the roots from the cloner the faster they hook up in the dirt.

so you think it would be cool if i made a holder that is attached to wall that angles the cups mabe 20° angle so they fit easier, then the plants would 1 be closer to the light, 2 they would be off the floor, if i set it up to hold 2 litters think i could just send them fully through flower and get smaller buds just for fun maybe???

MC AND ALL CHECK THIS OUT!

growall-qualiplast.jpg

The flowering clones got me thinking, what i want to do is build one of these bad boys, idk yet if i want it to be a drip system or have 1-3 gal pots with a drain pan to catch the over fill and do soil....

Think this would be dope to put in room to save space and get some smaller but worth yield because it uses the wall space instead of floor, you could fit 12 plants were you could normaly fit 3-4 of the same size,

Given unless i hung a hps bulb infront of it the lower plants might have issue with light geting to them, but like i said hanging a bulb vertically would not only help them but the rest of the room ; )

jlt, you can just put some clones into the solo cups to sex them. They will be fine. It also doesn't really matter how good the light they are getting is. What's important is the 12 hours of dark.

Like McL said, you CAN reveg them, but it takes a month. The resulting plan will be a bush, but it takes awhile. Why would you want to do this though? If you need to grow a clone for vegging, take 2. One to grow and one to sex. Once it's sexed, let it finish for a single little nug, or just toss it. Personally, I would toss it. Keeping the plant alive in a solo cup for 3 months will be challenging. :winkyface:

BTW, loving all the light in that veg space. Makes my 3, and only using 2 atm, shop lights look pretty pitiful. :blalol:

jlt, you can just put some clones into the solo cups to sex them. They will be fine. It also doesn't really matter how good the light they are getting is. What's important is the 12 hours of dark.

Like McL said, you CAN reveg them, but it takes a month. The resulting plan will be a bush, but it takes awhile. Why would you want to do this though? If you need to grow a clone for vegging, take 2. One to grow and one to sex. Once it's sexed, let it finish for a single little nug, or just toss it. Personally, I would toss it. Keeping the plant alive in a solo cup for 3 months will be challenging. :winkyface:

BTW, loving all the light in that veg space. Makes my 3, and only using 2 atm, shop lights look pretty pitiful. :blalol:

I Started with 6 t12 lights (common shop light size) and they grew ok, but when i put the t12 in there with the cool blue lights it make them grow nuts lol and im not talking about males lol

i was acualy looking into making one of the wall planters and make the bucket size 3-5 gall depending on what i have to work with..... other options would be to plant them horizontaly and let them grow toward there light. Kinda same idea as the kubby holes shelfing, square milk crates might work well on there side then i can put smart pots in them and water the bag from the top lol

just my thoughts lol

MC AND ALL CHECK THIS OUT!

growall-qualiplast.jpg

The flowering clones got me thinking, what i want to do is build one of these bad boys, idk yet if i want it to be a drip system or have 1-3 gal pots with a drain pan to catch the over fill and do soil....

Think this would be dope to put in room to save space and get some smaller but worth yield because it uses the wall space instead of floor, you could fit 12 plants were you could normaly fit 3-4 of the same size,

Given unless i hung a hps bulb infront of it the lower plants might have issue with light geting to them, but like i said hanging a bulb vertically would not only help them but the rest of the room ; )

You could set up a unit say 4' wide and 5 tall and hang your T5 sideways and clone and veg em up all with one lamp. It'd be a brain teaser but once you get it all figured out one water pump with decent lift could water the whole unit and it would be pretty simple to assemble. Lots of time chasing parts thats forsure

They last just about long enough to sex in the cups, I have a dude learning to grow and tends to kill a few plants in his escapades, I pot up all my whatnots extras....he'll have em stabbed in the ground somewhere...LOL.....Now this is good fun, I just grow a shitload of plants, and I get a front row seat watching homeboy growin shit literally everywhere....funny....I will tell you this....dude knows how to water.....that's all....I bring him jugs of juice and tell him when to put it on and to which plants, a research dream...he has around 15 strains goin....LOL...in every kinda situation imaginable, I hope by the end of the season he will get the picture and start formulatin his own program.......then I get to feed him plants next year and watch him grow like the weed....it's a win win! but I think I'm enjoying it more!

You could set up a unit say 4' wide and 5 tall and hang your T5 sideways and clone and veg em up all with one lamp. It'd be a brain teaser but once you get it all figured out one water pump with decent lift could water the whole unit and it would be pretty simple to assemble. Lots of time chasing parts thats forsure

After doing some research at local HOMEDEPOT, lol, there is a tube that i can seal shut and cut holes in so i can fit net pots in them, i was intertiaining putting this in my flower room so i could take clones from seeds and put in 1 gals to sex, then i would just run them strait through flower and get lil nugs from them as test plants for strains, i also could have couple 3 gals that i could put bigger ones in if i wanted to run them through as larger plants, thinking that best way to get water to plants would be in a misting system that i mount to the "bottom" of the bucket, when lifted it would be the back wall of the unit. If i were to have pump(s) set up moviing it up the back to sprayers then i could have a mister set up for each bucket.

^^ some day !

They last just about long enough to sex in the cups, I have a dude learning to grow and tends to kill a few plants in his escapades, I pot up all my whatnots extras....he'll have em stabbed in the ground somewhere...LOL.....Now this is good fun, I just grow a shitload of plants, and I get a front row seat watching homeboy growin shit literally everywhere....funny....I will tell you this....dude knows how to water.....that's all....I bring him jugs of juice and tell him when to put it on and to which plants, a research dream...he has around 15 strains goin....LOL...in every kinda situation imaginable, I hope by the end of the season he will get the picture and start formulatin his own program.......then I get to feed him plants next year and watch him grow like the weed....it's a win win! but I think I'm enjoying it more!

im finding it hard to keep the cups watered, i am in there almost everyday watering, had one looking really droopy, watered, fine now, iv started to move up to a 2 litter or gal jug so that i can get some more water in the soil and not have to worry if i go away for a day or two!

Updates soon uploading meow!

After doing some research at local HOMEDEPOT, lol, there is a tube that i can seal shut and cut holes in so i can fit net pots in them, i was intertiaining putting this in my flower room so i could take clones from seeds and put in 1 gals to sex, then i would just run them strait through flower and get lil nugs from them as test plants for strains, i also could have couple 3 gals that i could put bigger ones in if i wanted to run them through as larger plants, thinking that best way to get water to plants would be in a misting system that i mount to the "bottom" of the bucket, when lifted it would be the back wall of the unit. If i were to have pump(s) set up moviing it up the back to sprayers then i could have a mister set up for each bucket.

^^ some day !

If those hookers are gonna use your light, make em put out....not just some....everything they have.....run em til they look like phyllis diller..................

im finding it hard to keep the cups watered, i am in there almost everyday watering, had one looking really droopy, watered, fine now, iv started to move up to a 2 litter or gal jug so that i can get some more water in the soil and not have to worry if i go away for a day or two!

Updates soon uploading meow!

Oh yeah, when the plants in cups start running good they will use some water, I keep those at optimum levels with hourly care.....one gallons will give you a coupla days.

HAHAH no i will work them thats why i want to get them in something they can last in, then i can run them. Im just not expecting to get as much yield as the ones in my veg because i let them veg for couple months in 5 gals, then i move them to 10s, ..... the ones in veg meow might be there for a minute tho because i want to clear my flower room before so i can move ALL my veg plants into that room and transplant in biger pots, that way i can change lights out and veg them in the new pots for a bit befor i flower them right quick

HAHAH no i will work them thats why i want to get them in something they can last in, then i can run them. Im just not expecting to get as much yield as the ones in my veg because i let them veg for couple months in 5 gals, then i move them to 10s, ..... the ones in veg meow might be there for a minute tho because i want to clear my flower room before so i can move ALL my veg plants into that room and transplant in biger pots, that way i can change lights out and veg them in the new pots for a bit befor i flower them right quick

Take a look at 2 gals, I'm on my third run with em, I'm doin 5s next, 15s after that. I hear you meowing did you eat somethin that's makin you do that?......LOL....lucky!

lol 5gals go hard but the girls im psting are in 10s and i like that, 15s are cool but they take alot of time, and space to get good use of them.

Here's a update! i had been pushing it up to the first ring, once it met the ring i let them go and pushed it out so light can get in the middle, they responded well:

image_317.jpeg
image_223.jpeg
image_67.jpeg
image_415.jpeg
image_510.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom