Northern Lights - Building An Army

lol

I love all the ideas, but just sounds like a house of cards sorta setup, ya know? First step is to get my little basement humming along at maximum capacity. Then I'll see where the journey takes me. :)

Here are a couple pics i have of the clones in the veg room, they had some yellowing and spotting that i watched for a couple days and it got better but never went away, they rest of plant was healthy and only 2 plants showed it so idk what was there issue lol so i just pluged them yesterday, but though i would post for pll to guess at what it could have been, not worried about it at all tho.

image_315.jpeg
image_413.jpeg

T5 IS UP AND RUNNIN!

Finally got motivated to work on the veg room this weekend, it was a project because i had to remove 90% of the plants, and all equipment, including the supports i built, so that i could get the light in there.

Now mind you this im a 19yr old 6ft 150lbs white boy, so im pretty skinny, and i muscled this over 50 lbs light up a flight of stairs and into my room, withoght breaking single plant, lol it was a feat for sure haha, hanging it was a bitch to do solo but i was bent on getting
her up there. Over all GREAT lighting, i need to get the room on its own 20amp breaker, should have that ran today or tommarow because rain is coming soon ; P. Once i have it wired i will beable to have the two side lights with t12 warm bulbs rocking so they will be geting some side liights on the way up : ).

Still havent desided how im going to vent room, might cut through door (plastic) and put some venting through it with a fan pulling out, or just get a bathroom fan and vent it into the flower room.

I would imagine puting veg room air into flower room wouldnt be issue but the other way around might?

Here is some pics of the upgrade.
image_4_1_.jpeg
image_2_1_3.jpeg
image_1_13.jpeg
image_1_1_3.jpeg
image_3_1_1.jpeg

Good looking T5 she is Killer!! The coverage should be awesome..Does the fixture act as a lower ceiling causing heat retention? If so get crafty with a few small fans.. worked for me on my first grow when I had 6 T8's in the same position as yours. I ended up running all 6 as side light. If I had your new beast I would have had better results! Good for you man!

right now i have two smaller fans blowing air underneith the light, problem im having is that when i zip the door up i have to stick a fan in a lil gap so that the fan can remove the heat from the room it can get up to 90% humity in there X ( need to get exahst put in.

Can i exahast my veg room into my flower and not have issues>?

right now i have two smaller fans blowing air underneith the light, problem im having is that when i zip the door up i have to stick a fan in a lil gap so that the fan can remove the heat from the room it can get up to 90% humity in there X ( need to get exahst put in.

Can i exahast my veg room into my flower and not have issues>?

Don't turn what you don't want in your veg room into what you don't want in your flower room, BUT, if you have extra heat and Rh in one and not enough in the other...well......it dosen't seem likely.....and a good weed to you this morning!

Well here is a lay out of how my room is set up, might help you understand why i have issues with temps, the veg room is lest then half the size of my flower, and it also has the ceiling angled so i loose alot of head room in the back.

There is a door way to the veg that has been borded up but that goes to my spare bedroom, which i want to have someone live in soon so i dont want there to be access threw there room, not because of trust but the fact i would be going in his room all the time if the lights are off... i just have to stay out for 12 hrs, were im spending the time sleeping and at work anywho ; P

Untitled64.png

Well here is a lay out of how my room is set up, might help you understand why i have issues with temps, the veg room is lest then half the size of my flower, and it also has the ceiling angled so i loose alot of head room in the back.

There is a door way to the veg that has been borded up but that goes to my spare bedroom, which i want to have someone live in soon so i dont want there to be access threw there room, not because of trust but the fact i would be going in his room all the time if the lights are off... i just have to stay out for 12 hrs, were im spending the time sleeping and at work anywho ; P

The heat is gonna go to the top of that angle, maybe an intake then through your hps......then out.

Untitled64.png

The heat is going to the top of that angle, can you put the intake for the hps there?, suck that angle place, through the hps then out.

The heat is going to the top of that angle, can you put the intake for the hps there?, suck that angle place, through the hps then out.

what i might do is put a stink pipe in the ceiling and vent it out throught the addict which is above that room (insualtion only) and then run it outside on the roof 2 1/2 stories basicly lol

Mc gave you solid advice... I vent into my attic as well. My filter is off so its a straight shot. My 250 cfm fan is in the attic too.. I have 0 problems with smell and the heat maintains well. I walk around my house all the time to check for sound and smell. Sorry for the rant. But yes vent into the attic!!

How are you venting the flowering area? If there is no other place to vent your veg closet, then you'll have to send into the flowering room, just make sure your heat and humidity solutions for the flowering room are overbuilt to handle the extra load. If you can maintain the desired temp and rh in the flowering room, you should be fine. Does the flowering room also get fresh air? One other thing to consider is your veg plants will be using up CO2 in the air. You don't want the flowering plants to have less CO2, right? Make sure the flowering room is also venting enough to replace the air every few minutes and you should be fine.

T5 IS UP AND RUNNIN!

Finally got motivated to work on the veg room this weekend, it was a project because i had to remove 90% of the plants, and all equipment, including the supports i built, so that i could get the light in there.

Now mind you this im a 19yr old 6ft 150lbs white boy, so im pretty skinny, and i muscled this over 50 lbs light up a flight of stairs and into my room, withoght breaking single plant, lol it was a feat for sure haha, hanging it was a bitch to do solo but i was bent on getting
her up there. Over all GREAT lighting, i need to get the room on its own 20amp breaker, should have that ran today or tommarow because rain is coming soon ; P. Once i have it wired i will beable to have the two side lights with t12 warm bulbs rocking so they will be geting some side liights on the way up : ).

Still havent desided how im going to vent room, might cut through door (plastic) and put some venting through it with a fan pulling out, or just get a bathroom fan and vent it into the flower room.

I would imagine puting veg room air into flower room wouldnt be issue but the other way around might?

Here is some pics of the upgrade.
image_4_1_.jpeg
image_2_1_3.jpeg
image_1_13.jpeg
image_1_1_3.jpeg
image_3_1_1.jpeg

Looks clean bro, A+ install. I use the same T5's I got two of the 8 bulb 4 footers. Absolutely love em. Whats the 12 bulb pulling approx. 650 watts? If you dont love it already you will soon:)
We also have the grow bags in common, what are the black ones 3 gallon? If so thats what I am also using and am going to see what happens if I flower 12 of them (in the 3 gal) under one 1000 watt XXXL HPS? Once my bigger flowering room is completed I will run Four 1000 waters and I will flower them in 5 gallon at 4 per light.
Reps on the clean install

Looks clean bro, A+ install. I use the same T5's I got two of the 8 bulb 4 footers. Absolutely love em. Whats the 12 bulb pulling approx. 650 watts? If you dont love it already you will soon:)
We also have the grow bags in common, what are the black ones 3 gallon? If so thats what I am also using and am going to see what happens if I flower 12 of them (in the 3 gal) under one 1000 watt XXXL HPS? Once my bigger flowering room is completed I will run Four 1000 waters and I will flower them in 5 gallon at 4 per light.
Reps on the clean install

yha man the growth i have seen in less then a week! ill have update soon, latly i havent been doing much with the girls, i have clones that need to be cuped and cups that need to be baged lol ,,,, im thinking of leaving the seeds in cups as long as i can, hope i can sex them in cups just because i dont want to waste ton of soil on a male.... i only give money to women ; P

hey if its going to cost me i mine as whell get something out of it hahaha if i spend it on a male its like pissing money down the drain if i put them in good soil and nutes lol

Would you like to have a talk about sexing reg plants for production?

idk what your asking lol, you asking if i know how to sex or in general ideal lol.... either way shoot haha

idk what your asking lol, you asking if i know how to sex or in general ideal lol.... either way shoot haha

There are different techniques for determining sex for production. it has nothing or very little to do with boys and girls, it has everything to do with timing and procedure...all directed at keepin stash in your jar...instead of on your plants ...LOL....For instance....right now I am sexing plants that are in veg....rather than letting them just show me sex while taking up space in my flower room, using valuable space and resources reserved for "girls only" like you mentioned....LOL. You can use feminized, or female seeds, and you are gonna pretty much get girls. You can also take cuts from reg seedlings, root them, then stick the "sexing cuts" in the flower room, sex them, and cull the males or use them for breeding. You can also utilize "mothers", which are a pain in my butt, taking up alot of space, getting rootbound and showing so many symptoms, you'll be a plant doctor if they live for a year...LOL. When your sexing cuts have done their job, you can leave them in and grow the girls, or if you have limited space you can chunk them, or use em as mothers. the mothers that come from plants showing sex will always be showing sex...they don't revert, and the cuts from them will show sex all their life too. These sexed cuts will also go into flower 4-5 days sooner than plants that arent showing sex. I don't remember if you have one, but if you don't you need an aerocloner to produce clones as fast as possible, that will thrive as quickly as possible. You may know all this, but it won't hurt you to have a review and there may be eyes that could use the info. I aleays give YOU my best bro.....same thing you give me! Good weed to you young man....reach down...grab em and continue to drive on....LOL

Back
Top Bottom