Nute lockout or deficiency question

Blimpsious

Happy Sunday Y'all.

I just crossed week 6 of flower on my ladies and have a question about one particular plant. In my tent I have 3 Purple Dreams and 1 Rainbow Haze, all in 7 gallon soil fabric pots. One of the purps if coming out tonight to sit in the dark for a day, she is ready to harvest. The other two are far bigger yield wise and almost look like twins (I capped em both, but didn't cap the one thats coming out) My question is about the one plant, she seems to have a deficiency in something, maybe potassium. It's the same height as it's twin and buds are almost identical size wise, but the development of the buds has slowed. It still has alot of white hairs, where the other plant has transitioned into more mature looking buds. I stopped cal-mag maybe a week or two ago, but today I fed her some along with some Kelp for the Potassium. Any veterans here willing to give me some pointers to hopefully get her back? First pic here is the one that's ready, the other two plants pictured are the twins. The Rainbow is a 10 week flower so it's got a little time yet.

Thank You

20220911_122457.jpg

20220911_122450.jpg

20220911_122445.jpg

20220911_110612.jpg

All of those pics the plants have some time to go, or based on amount of pistils still straight and white anyway. You will get different phenotypes from seeds as way genetics roll, similar to if you have siblings they not exactly the same as you. So you can get plants that grow different and have different wants/needs/likes/dislikes/etc... than another seed from same package of seeds. How close to each other can depend on how well the breeder worked it or if they even worked it at all or enough.

The first plant is my purp, that guys got milky tricomes. There's a maybe 10% show of amber so I assume that's ready to go right?

To me the twin plants look closer to being ripe than the one you’re chopping….but my eyes sometimes fail me.
That said, I’d be inclined to let them mature until all the white pistils have turned orange and receded….but I am a big proponent of letting a plant reach its full potential and give everything its got.
As for the one w/ all the pistils, it’s just a different pheno.. Think of it as a sibling of the others. Siblings can look very similar or nothing at all like one another.
As long as you keep feeding her and giving what she needs, it should start maturing soon.
One more thought….if you let the plant flower until it’s finished spitting out new pistils, the buds will really gain some heft and increase your yield.
The bud looks dank though…..how does it smell?

The first plant is my purp, that guys got milky tricomes. There's a maybe 10% show of amber so I assume that's ready to go right?
I don’t let the trichomes dictate the harvest….I let the buds get fully ripe first. Then if i want more ambers, I’ll let it go a bit longer. But if the plant is healthy, the trichs will be in line once it’s ripe.
I’ve seen plants w/ mostly cloudy trichs keep those cloudy trichs for weeks.
I believe the strain’s full terp potential is more likely to be realized if you let it flower out.
But some folks like green bananas too and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Smells amazing, super sticky and very citrus like. The tent kinda has the Jack Herer smell going on. Can't tell exactly which plants doing the most funk, but I believe it's the Rainbow Haze.
Everyone keeps telling me to harvest based off the tricomes, more amber is more couchlock. I know the Rainbow is a hybrid and the Purps are Indicas, so maybe your right and I can let the one go a little longer. Here's a pic of the tricomes today

2022_09_11_11_02_11_388.jpg

2022_09_11_11_02_54_501.jpg

This one I'm gonna say looks like Mg deficiency. She's got a lot of white stigmas... not close to harvest.
1662982617332.png

This one looks amazing... check trichomes on the buds – i.e. bud calyxes, not sugar leaves.
1662982582691.png

The recommended guideline is NPK 1-3-3 for flower, meaning still giving some N, but 3x the P & K than in veg. Make sure you're feeding enough... different phenos can have different needs.

This one I'm gonna say looks like Mg deficiency. She's got a lot of white stigmas... not close to harvest.
1662982617332.png

This one looks amazing... check trichomes on the buds – i.e. bud calyxes, not sugar leaves.
1662982582691.png

The recommended guideline is NPK 1-3-3 for flower, meaning still giving some N, but 3x the P & K than in veg. Make sure you're feeding enough... different phenos can have different needs.
Thank you for the advice. First grow and I'm soaking the knowledge (and errors) as I go. I stopped the cal-mag a little early I think so I'll give her a little bit today. I just put the purp into the 24 hour darkness yesterday, her tricomes looked spot on. Thanks for the bud scoping info, up until now I've checked them in general. I'm surprised that one turned out decent because she was root bound for sure. Even from the start she was growing cockeyed, think I screwed it up when I placed her after germination. Rookie mistake

Happy Sunday Y'all.

I just crossed week 6 of flower on my ladies and have a question about one particular plant. In my tent I have 3 Purple Dreams and 1 Rainbow Haze, all in 7 gallon soil fabric pots. One of the purps if coming out tonight to sit in the dark for a day, she is ready to harvest. The other two are far bigger yield wise and almost look like twins (I capped em both, but didn't cap the one thats coming out) My question is about the one plant, she seems to have a deficiency in something, maybe potassium. It's the same height as it's twin and buds are almost identical size wise, but the development of the buds has slowed. It still has alot of white hairs, where the other plant has transitioned into more mature looking buds. I stopped cal-mag maybe a week or two ago, but today I fed her some along with some Kelp for the Potassium. Any veterans here willing to give me some pointers to hopefully get her back? First pic here is the one that's ready, the other two plants pictured are the twins. The Rainbow is a 10 week flower so it's got a little time yet.

Thank You

20220911_122457.jpg

20220911_122450.jpg

20220911_122445.jpg

20220911_110612.jpg
She don't look bad just hungry man

She don't look bad just hungry man
Thanks, the colas have filled out pretty nice. 1st grow and I have to admit when I capped her and the other P/D I was super nervous to make the cut. They were just growing far to tall, to the point where I had to put my Cloudline fan outside the tent. The twin to that plant also had alot of white pistols but they seemed to vanish within a couple days. This lady must just be a little stubborn, especially since they've both had the same exact diet. My concern was the little rust spots on the leaves. I knew it wasn't a fungus or anything because the spots wouldn't wipe off, and I've been pretty religious about controlling the humidity. Depending on outside weather I've flopped the fan from inside/out to outside/in a handful of times. I'm currently doing inside out because I have much better humidity control doing so.

Thanks, the colas have filled out pretty nice. 1st grow and I have to admit when I capped her and the other P/D I was super nervous to make the cut. They were just growing far to tall, to the point where I had to put my Cloudline fan outside the tent. The twin to that plant also had alot of white pistols but they seemed to vanish within a couple days. This lady must just be a little stubborn, especially since they've both had the same exact diet. My concern was the little rust spots on the leaves. I knew it wasn't a fungus or anything because the spots wouldn't wipe off, and I've been pretty religious about controlling the humidity. Depending on outside weather I've flopped the fan from inside/out to outside/in a handful of times. I'm currently doing inside out because I have much better humidity control doing so.
She does look good tho I have spots on my leaves but outdoor.harsh elements I just let them.ride normally they pull through huge coloas this is one.I have outdoor.phaded typhoon

IMG_20220912_103247_484.jpg

Back
Top Bottom