OG Kush Grow

DaHomie

This is my first grow in 2 years, and as of 2 years ago i was growing autoflowers in grow tent and did about 3-4 grows before things happend which made me have stop growing and i also figured out with research before i started this batch that i was doing many things wrong before so hopefully this time around things will go smooth.
My Ghetto Setup=
-Victory Seeds OG Kush 3 Pack- Photoperiod
-Pure BioBizz coco
-5 gallon vivosun fabric pots with 2.5 liters of hydroton at bottom and .5 liters on top
- Perfect Sun Dwarf Star Led and Vivosun 300 Watt Led
- Mega Crop Base Nute and GH Flora Blend
-Homemade grow box in 10x10 room

Hope u choose tag along with me on this grow and Any tips along the way would be much appreciated as im def unsure bout a few things and still got very much 2 learn.

I would say you are off to a good start. Victory Seeds have a decent reputation and I grew one of their Northern lights and no complaints. I have used coco and it was good but Promix HP costs much less and did the same job. Lots of people are using Megacrop and liking it; whole popular thread devoted to MC. With MC most people are just using tap water and not adjusting pH at all. The general consensus is that the latest version of MC doesn't need additives even in flower but many are experimenting. For a first grow I would just use it alone and stick to the manufacturer's recommended dosage below. Welcome and good luck. Lots of good folks here.
Capture.JPG

That is all in grams per gallon of water.

I would say you are off to a good start. Victory Seeds have a decent reputation and I grew one of their Northern lights and no complaints. I have used coco and it was good but Promix HP costs much less and did the same job. Lots of people are using Megacrop and liking it; whole popular thread devoted to MC. With MC most people are just using tap water and not adjusting pH at all. The general consensus is that the latest version of MC doesn't need additives even in flower but many are experimenting. For a first grow I would just use it alone and stick to the manufacturer's recommended dosage below. Welcome and good luck. Lots of good folks here.
Capture.JPG

That is all in grams per gallon of water.
thanks man, i was just looking your journal of Ur first grow in 20 years, was that the northern lights u are talking about?? if so it looked very nice and u did a damn fine job if i may say so, and speaking of MC i did look at the MC thread and was reading it for few hours plus u use it 2 right?? i definally gained sum knowledge from there, glad u decided 2 tag along on my grow man.

Yes, somewhere in my first grow Journal is where I grew the Victory seed but I know it wasn’t the first crop. It was a real screwup because I had some seeds not grow and then I planted too many to compensate so I ended up putting it in the same pot with two other plants and I didn’t let it veg very long so it wasn’t a big plant but it was a nice healthy plant and a good budder for its size.

And yes I have been using MC since almost the very beginning when I started about a year and a half ago. I’ve got the basics down pretty good with everyone’s help but it’s endless what you can learn on here if you want to. The big thing lately is adding silica to MC.

Pro mix HP comes in a 107 L bag and I paid 40 bucks for one. But then again everyone grows differently and you have to do what makes you happy. I’m a cheap old man on a pension so I prefer the cheap soil. Please feel free to ignore me because my problem is I’ve spent way too much time hanging around these forms but the people in the know say chlorine is not a concern with these plants.

Anyway, I think you’re off to a good start and it is a lot of fun and rewarding.

20200322_021213.jpg the 2 ladies in back are under the perfectsun dwarf star and the 1 in front is under a vivosun 300 watt Led

Attachments

• 20200322_021235.jpg
    20200322_021235.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20200322_021306.jpg
    20200322_021306.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200322_021330.jpg
    20200322_021330.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • 20200322_021348.jpg
    20200322_021348.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • 20200322_021401.jpg
    20200322_021401.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • 20200322_021523.jpg
    20200322_021523.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 117
Hey man looking like a good start! I'd water with nutes daily, you'll have to gradually increase the amount as the plant gets bigger, drinking more, and you can then start soaking the entire pot to runoff every day. Hard to say exactly how much you want at this point, a cup maybe, all depends on your coco consistency and environmental conditions mainly but you want the coco moist always. Don't let it dry like soil, this is essentially hydroponics. For future reference there is no need of clay balls on the bottom. Are they mixed all through the container?. I see they are on top too? A lot of people use perlite mixed in but I've used straight coco also and it works just fine. Be sure not to let them sit in the runoff after you water when you get to that point.

Hey man looking like a good start! I'd water with nutes daily, you'll have to gradually increase the amount as the plant gets bigger, drinking more, and you can then start soaking the entire pot to runoff every day. Hard to say exactly how much you want at this point, a cup maybe, all depends on your coco consistency and environmental conditions mainly but you want the coco moist always. Don't let it dry like soil, this is essentially hydroponics. For future reference there is no need of clay balls on the bottom. Are they mixed all through the container?. I see they are on top too? A lot of people use perlite mixed in but I've used straight coco also and it works just fine. Be sure not to let them sit in the runoff after you water when you get to that point.
thanks for the reply and no there not mixed throughout the coco just on bottom and on top, i put the clay balls in bottom of pot so the roots wouldn't have sit in the runoff and for a foundation as i heard it can be beneficial an see about 2 years ago i was doin that exact thing man i was waiting till it was dry then watering and watering with food every other day and i didnt soak up the runoff cause i thought it was good 2 leave it which explains the low yield and etc that i had.

Even with the clay balls in the bottom you will need to remove the runoff. It's best to have an air space under the fabric pots so you get proper drainage. You could lay something over the drip trays like some kind of rack for example.
thats a good idea man but i thought the hydroton in the bottom of the pots help give them better drainage?? i mean i could make some kind of rack but i wouldn't wan loose vertical height.

Yes, somewhere in my first grow Journal is where I grew the Victory seed but I know it wasn’t the first crop. It was a real screwup because I had some seeds not grow and then I planted too many to compensate so I ended up putting it in the same pot with two other plants and I didn’t let it veg very long so it wasn’t a big plant but it was a nice healthy plant and a good budder for its size.

And yes I have been using MC since almost the very beginning when I started about a year and a half ago. I’ve got the basics down pretty good with everyone’s help but it’s endless what you can learn on here if you want to. The big thing lately is adding silica to MC.

Pro mix HP comes in a 107 L bag and I paid 40 bucks for one. But then again everyone grows differently and you have to do what makes you happy. I’m a cheap old man on a pension so I prefer the cheap soil. Please feel free to ignore me because my problem is I’ve spent way too much time hanging around these forms but the people in the know say chlorine is not a concern with these plants.

Anyway, I think you’re off to a good start and it is a lot of fun and rewarding.
hey homer, hope all is well an dont mean bother you man but im going be feeding my ladies in a hour and i was wondering if it be ok to give them 2g's of MC this time, i fed em 2 days ago for first time and gave them 1.14 grams and i noticed the leaves yesterday were kinda bright green which means there hungry for more right??

Back
Top Bottom