OG Kush leaves problem

Jwhat201

I have an OG Kush into flowering week 5. Lots of buds and they all look good, stems all look green and healthy, but the leaves all turned yellow within the past few days and there's also brown spots, red leaf stems and some leafs curling up, not the tips but the whole leaf, and not in a need water way haha.

What could be causing this?

I'll explain everything please read and help if you can.

I've fed miracle grow 2 or 3 times during veg, 12-4-8. I vegged for 4 weeks and haven't fed miracle grow since the switch. I've fed only koolbloom 2 maybe 3 times. I do one nutes then 3 waters.

That's what I've been using, I also have calimagic there and a schults plant food at 10-15-10.

She's in a good store bought compost with some miracle grow potting soil mixed in and some extra perlite added. No bugs in sight and I have yellow stickys around.

She's under CFL's and LED's, and i don't overwater I let her dry out. Also I use tap water but I let it sit out for a long time. PH is spot on.

She's due for a Koolbloom feed on her next watering. My plan was to feed a little koolboom and a little calmag at once next time. But I don't know, the leaves are all yellow at week 5 in flowering, maybe she needs nitrogen too.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot.

I hope I explained enough to not need pics lol but if need be I'll upload.

Edit: Also leaves are dieing off, randomly around the plant as they yellow.

I think you will have more luck if you have some pics, as otherwise it is a semi-educated guessing game really for those that know this stuff (me I'm still learning and rather just be dangerous to just myself only ;) :rofl: ).

I'll give it a try, I found the app lol.

Few pics

420-magazine-mobile1535649572.jpg

420-magazine-mobile43261970.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1455661082.jpg

420-magazine-mobile748548784.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1762071871.jpg

Within a few days, she was
Pretty much all green Christmas Day. More leaves too, another one fell off today.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Is a koolbloom and calimagic feed a good idea? Or what should I do?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't think she's over nuted, I fed this one less than I usually feed and their leaves are usually green until I start to flush. But something to think about thanks man.

Okay my friend, i went through your grow journals and you need to get away from using potting mixes with release fertilizers in them. The Promix vegetable and herb mix you used, "It contains an organic fertilizer that provides gradual feeding to your plants." The same with grow #4 you used, "It's Miracle Gro Garden Soil Plus for flowers and vegetables, NPK is 0.15-0.05-0.10"
If you want to get moving in the right direction and gets some good buds, not those airy things, than get some recommended soil for growing cannabis.

Pro mix AP is what I use for seedlings/nurselings. The US version has 3 months of time release nutrient. That's 3 months for smaller plants.
Likely the problem is one of two things.
Incorrect PH causing nutrient lockout.
Or
Your plants have used up all the nitrogen resulting in yellow leaves.

First do a slurry test and check your soil ph. It should be between 6.5 and 7 for optimal results.
If it isn't within this range PM me for the next step.

If your soil ph is bang on. Give her a little (very little) Nitrogen and start your KoolBloom cycle. Remember, once you start KB dry formula
420-magazine-mobile1707177900.jpg
there's no going back. It will send a "death signal" to the plant forcing it to produce massive buds as the plant thinks its running out of time to procreate.
With that size I'd use the 1/4 tsp per gallon.
Did you do a PK ramp up?
Because those brown spots on the upper broad leaves is indicative of a Phosphorus deficiency. KB will correct this very quickly. It you'll need a tiny bit of nitrogen to keep it green.

Is this the KB you're using. Just checking because KB liquid is completely different.

Back
Top Bottom