Omega's Colombian Sativa Coco Solo Cup Indoor Experiment

Thanks for the kind feedback DeVille and thanks for joining in BedroomFarmer :high-five:

I've been super busy these days with my tools and my two hands. Bought a 1 ton mini-split air conditioner to help control heat when I bring out the 400 Watt HPS for flower. I've been busy changing windows and building a wall to close off the kitchen to help keep my grow area cooler and dryer as a result of air conditioning. I have a deep vacuum pump, just missing some vacuum chamber then I can experiment with extracts.

The auto-watering is almost complete, just lacking the cycle timer. Feeding 350 PPM every 8 hours, will probably start increasing that to 450 as now they are growing like weeds :thumb:

They will be sleeping a few hours now, I need to see the pistils and throw away some males

A 4 foot X 4 foot X 5 foot space will be commissioned soon for the 400W HID when I know which are the females. Then I will name them :lot-o-toke:

I don't see anymore deficiencies ...

9 Plants starting to overgrow the 100 Watt Bridgelux COB

IMG_265214.JPG

IMG_265316.JPG

I like how dedicated you are to giving your ladies good grow-conditions. We're on the same page there. Right now it's winter so heat is not really an issue, but I will invest in air-conditioner for the grow-room for the summer. Sometimes I find myself thinking that the plants have a better life than me :)

It's summertime all the time in Colombia DeVille :)

Yea it seems that the plants live more comfortably and nourished than many humans :hmmmm:

But unless we spoil them they won't give up the fat stinky sticky buds so desired.

Welcome back Birdie :high-five:

Well these plants still have 3 more days in this tight closet nook until I take them out and put them in the new space.

IMG_266417.JPG

IMG_266523.JPG

I've actually been in Colombia. Was there about 10 years ago to do concerts for the crazy kids in Bogota and Cali. It was amazing and I hope to go back some day. The people were so grateful to see a big international band. Sadly due to privacy concerns I can't tell you more about it. If I say more I am afraid people will be able to identify me

It's summertime all the time in Colombia DeVille :)

Hi Omega :thanks:
They look happy ! so you are doing a good job :)

I was down with the flu and didn't get up until a few hours ago.

I've actually been in Colombia. Was there about 10 years ago to do concerts for the crazy kids in Bogota and Cali. It was amazing and I hope to go back some day. The people were so grateful to see a big international band. Sadly due to privacy concerns I can't tell you more about it. If I say more I am afraid people will be able to identify me

Thanks AngryBird! I hope you recover for the weekend.

DeVille I am from the USA but during the last presidential fiasco I decided to live elsewhere. Maybe Trump will make Murica great again and I'll come back but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Bogotà isn't great, terrible weather and mediocre weed. Cali is quite something though :) There are a few cannabis cups going on in Colombia so it's a great time to be a grower!

I had the boys and girls out while I cleaned the drip tray and checked runoff PH, PPM.

More Phosphorous was added, about 20% than before.

IMG_271013.JPG

IMG_270920.JPG

Thanks for the kind words AngryBird and gudyul!

Well the veg cab is just about full. I am looking for a tent-like container to keep them in, accompanied by a PVC skeleton to hold the 400W HID light for 12/12.

They get taller by 1 cm per day now it seems. Their tiny root cups are beginning to fill up with nice white growth. Feeding is about 3 times per day right now.

IMG_272517.JPG

IMG_272615.JPG

:thumb: growing nicely :)

Thanks AngryBird :thumb: Sometimes I'm feeling lucky like it's not a skill at all :laughtwo: But then again I have less grows under my belt then I can count on 1 hand. I never messed around with soil because I'm an indoor guy and I don't like living media around my living space as much as I like inorganic and sterile media.

Well they are growing full speed into the lights. I'm going to have to cut the hours of light down to 14 per day... need to know who are the males and flush them down into the subterranean unknown via my porcelain friend mr. toilet. I've been lazy to move them but I already have the capability to do it when I want to.

IMG_286616.JPG

IMG_286518.JPG

HI
hope all is well with you

High Angry Bird I'm back.

Life became a real bother and I had to leave my home thus abandoning the grow.

Life goes on once again so I am rebooting this grow.

I have dunked 9 new seeds 48 hours ago, 3 tap roots showing.

The plants will be on automatic watering from the beginning with growing pots <50 ml and will up pot as necessary.

I don't plan on vegging more than 2 or 3 weeks, I need some buds.

No more THC, it causes people with latent mental illnesses to freak out. Now I am a CBD only man.

After experimenting with CBD I have discovered it is quite safe to administer to all kinds of patients without inducing ill psychotic effects.

So that means I will be tossing all my thin-leaved baby plants and keeping the wide leaves which are CBD dominant plants. I may keep some males if any appear to make more CBD dominant seeds from a bud or two.

This will be a "stealth" grow for some time so that means growing in a cabinet which will work out fine I'm sure.

Stay tuned :bongrip:

:hug: Hi
Glad you are back :hug:
and..oh no...what happened..I read through your words...
And yes, you need lots of CBD. BUT I think Jack Herer is a good choice too.

I have gotten a translation job and work 12-18 hr shifts from home, so not much time for anything else. :hug:
Hope you will be ok.

:hug: Hi
Glad you are back :hug:
and..oh no...what happened..I read through your words...
And yes, you need lots of CBD. BUT I think Jack Herer is a good choice too.

I have gotten a translation job and work 12-18 hr shifts from home, so not much time for anything else. :hug:
Hope you will be ok.

Congrats for your new job Birdie. Well I got put on international TV and slandered by the media, even my grow showed up in the footage. That is all I have to say about it. If that doesn't make you quit growing for a while what else would???

So anyway I'm back in control now, let's continue updating this grow. So now I have a terrible blackberry camera and the pictures are 1999 webcam quality, gotta keep moving forward.

I dunked the beans in water then paper toweled them. 9 seeds in total with %100 germination success.

IMG-20170314-00080.jpg

Temps and humidity are comfortable for cannabis in Colombia in the region where I am now.

I put them in their coco, but it's not 100% coco. Watering twice a day.

5 helmets are above the coco level, the other 4 should be up by the time I wake up tomorrow.

IMG-20170315-00083.jpg

i've found at the early stages that a splash once a day with minimal runoff worked best for me. As the plant gets bigger the coco will start drying out faster and I will water more frequently. Once the plant has filled the pot with roots I will water 2+ times a day. For seeds I precharge coco pop seed in and cover with a bag. I don't water until the seed breaks ground. Can't wait to see them grow out!

Hello ladies :passitleft:

High bedroomfarmer and Birdie, looks like I will have to unfortunately close this thread down, like putting an ugly puppy that nobody wants to sleep forever.

Someone posing as the police threw out my 9 baby plants while I was out of the home so it seems I cannot cultivate anything for a couple of months until the investigation is over.

I quit for now because I only have 50 seeds left and it hurt to see such waste when good seeds costs $$$$$ on the legal market.

As I mentioned, growing is legal here for personal use but during a legal battle while I'm under the magnifying lens of the state it's not worth it. I will make a new thread around June when the dust settles.

Thanks for your support and feel free to comment, the thread will be closed in a few days.
It hurts my heart :phew::phew::phew::phew:

Omega Man

Back
Top Bottom