One more question tonight: Size vs light

Cheffrey

I'm learning, many questions are arising.

Grow tent: 4 ft x 4 ft x 6.8ft in height

Light is: 1000w bestva dual chip full spectrum. Says it replaces 600w HPS
Is this going to be enough light for 3 - 4seedling plant to harvest?

I'm keeping the light about 26" from plants at earliest veg stage. Before in seedling it was about 36" away.

I just finished a grow with two Bestvas. One was a 1500w full specturm the other was a 600w reflector series. They were in a 4x4 area and I feel like it was underpowered.

Don't get me wrong 3-4 plants will grow under that light, and you will get bud off of them. However, much like my grow, a lot of that bud will be kind of small and loose in density. Check the "Digby learns things" link in my signature to see how that grow turned out. If you want impressive fatty buds I would really only recommend that light for 1 plant, maybe 2 at the most, but my grow was around 1 light per 2 plants and I feel like it definitely needed more

Those bestvas only pull around 250w and are probably really only good for covering a 2x2 area, if you're looking for big fat colas at least.

If I got another, you figure it will double the yield?
Is best case scenario one every plant in a 4x4 growing 4 plants??

Damn. I was over sold on this light! Lol

Also what light or lights did LEDxport recommend to you?

Yeah, Ideally I would use one per 2x2 area. You can do it with less, but you really need to be smart about training your main colas right under the lights because the stuff on the edges isn't going to get very big.

LEDxpert was recommending some full spectrum white lights like the ones I have in my new grows. There are a bunch of different forms of them and companies that sell them. Check the sponsors. I got my newest from Led grow lights depot. He is skilled enough to put his own stuff together from scratch but I'm not quite there so I bought pre-assembled stuff. There's a big diy community out there though if that's your thing

If you're wanting to upgrade lighting and not have to worry about it again for quite some time, go for the best LED you can get on the market, Quantum Boards by HLG. It's all DIY and so very worth it. If ever a part goes out it's so easy to replace it yourself or have the spare parts of stand by

Quantum boards are nice, and HLG is one of the leaders. That's what I just bought for my photo tent. They have options you don't have to assemble. I went with a new 550. They're nice but obviously a little more expensive for the pre-assembly. You also get a nice 3 year warranty on their pre-assembled fixtures. I think their diy kits have some sort of warranty as well, but not as long.

hi there,

I have some questions regarding bestva 600w or led grow lights in general. I am new so sorry if this is not the place for the post.

1. How to know what height distance to keep? Could you refer me to a valuable source, that answers what the height should be adjusted during each stage of plant growth?

2. This review says that the bestva600 reflector is ideal for 2.5x2.5 grow area. but I see some people use it for 4x4 grow tent and for four plants??

thanks

Back
Top Bottom