One Seed In The Ground

Well it seems to be going well so far. Why didnt you just get that blackout cloth and cover the plant and remove it everyday. I dont feel they are to expensive. Well getting ready to leave now. See you later.Glad you came back to the site. I wasnt sure what you were planning to do.

so heres a lil update with pics. i think this plant is around 45 days old right now.

20140602_195919.jpg

this pic is from 2 weeks ago it really did grow a lot in the 2 weeks
20140515_162515.jpg
20140509_171254.jpg
20140505_175330.jpg
20140428_1601361.jpg

Wow man excellent its looking pretty good. Cant help much with those damn pests outside unless you spray it down with soap water it will dry those pests out and it will taste gross to discourage chewing

Murphys oil soap works the best I found to keep outdoor crops virtually pest free

Well neem is good but it takes longer to work I think.

Murphies Oil Soap will completely exfoliate the cuticle of the leaf surface and may even do the same to the stems. It is not a pesticide. Please keep in mind your pot is going to be inside of your body. If you don't want whatever you use in your grow to be inside of you for decades, don't use it.

Murphy Oil Soap not so green after all - Blogiversity; Authentic and Unique source for News, Discussion, Cartoons & Editorial Comment

Murphys oil soap works the best I found to keep outdoor crops virtually pest free

Have you actually used this product on your outdoor plants?

Murphies Oil Soap will completely exfoliate the cuticle of the leaf surface and may even do the same to the stems. It is not a pesticide. Please keep in mind your pot is going to be inside of your body. If you don't want whatever you use in your grow to be inside of you for decades, don't use it.

Murphy Oil Soap not so green after all - Blogiversity; Authentic and Unique source for News, Discussion, Cartoons & Editorial Comment

I concur, I would not use this product. It is not organic, not naturally derived, and is not intended for human consumption. There is a good chance this product would burn the tender tissue of the leaves, considering its main ingredient is the very basic, and irritating KOH (potassium hydroxide).

A quote from the MSDS

"HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION: May produce irritating or poisonous gases upon thermal decomposition."

In reference to the original poster's problem. I assume you're still having caterpillar activity even with the applications of BT? Try making the solution a tiny bit more concentrated and see if that helps, make sure to drench every square inch, nook, and crannie of the plant. Often times, the art is the application, because if the caterpillar does not actually eat the liquid before it decomposes, than it will have no effect. BT also degrades in sun-light. The ultimate way to control pests outside is to manually inspect the plants very frequently.

thanks for all the info. as for spraying I'm laying these plants on there sides and spraying to make sure i get under the leaves. then i take my hand and rub it around also kind of like massaging the plant leaves to make sure i get it all over. as for the caterpillars i think i might have them under control i have seen any lately but I'm still spraying at least twice a week with it and neem oil also.

Yes I have and you spray the leaves not the buds. He is budwashing as well if I remember right. The bugs find it to be bitter and wont munch.

if I'm in veg it wouldn't matter much i don't think? its just these caterpillars are a mother to get rid of i need to find out what to prevent them in the first place. don't they come from moths or something of that sort. maybe i might get some and raise them to see what they turn into that way i know what I'm dealing with.

Hey man put up pictures the other day of my 1 plant in over 1000 watts of light. 2 week veg.

Those caterpillars are big and bad, but they are not nearly as treacherous as the smaller varieties. The big ones are large and spotted easily by human eyes.

The smaller ones are the ones that are able to squeeze their way into a tight, nook, and cranny of a bud.

Depending on the variety, the saliva that the caterpillar travels in will or will not induce mold.

Seeing caterpillars that big means that they were able to feed quite a bit, it is ideal to stop them in their tracks while they are young. Think about trying to be able to inspect every square inch of your plant on a more frequent basis. The ultimate defense is picking them out by hand - as tedious as that may be.

Back
Top Bottom