Br4iNl3sS 1st Grow Journal - Indoor - Grow Tent - Coco Coir - Crown Royal - MH300

You don't need runoff each watering but think of hydro. The roots sit in water for a period of time. Coco hold O2 even if it's drenched with water. That's why it's very hard to over water a plant in coco. The roots should explode like in a hydro set up. Your plant looks dark green. Keep an eye on new growth and the amount of nutes you use.

His videos are sometimes long but I highly recommend this thread. How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Good luck you got this mayn

You don't need runoff each watering but think of hydro. The roots sit in water for a period of time. Coco hold O2 even if it's drenched with water. That's why it's very hard to over water a plant in coco. The roots should explode like in a hydro set up. Your plant looks dark green. Keep an eye on new growth and the amount of nutes you use.

His videos are sometimes long but I highly recommend this thread. How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Good luck you got this mayn

new groth always look perfect :p its after a couple of day that they start doing (what they want) aka i dont know what to do lol :p i get so many diferent comment water twice a day water once a week, nute every watering nutes every other watering :s im getting confused. BTW im on page 5 of the link you shared... not the first time i stumble upon his thread.

There are many ways to skin a cat. You just dropped to half strength? Give it a few days and drop it to 1/4 strength if you don't see improvement. To make things easy for me, I just follow what ledrf does. He gets great results. I use different nutes but it's all pretty much the same
Here is a video of ledrf explaining how he waters coco
How to water Marijuana from days 8 to 16 and mix nutes - YouTube

This video is older but still good info
How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This is copy and paste from one of his videos.

You want to water everyday, unlike soil because coco is a hydroponics media.
Their are a few reasons for this.

1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or even three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

Sorry for the long post

Remember, my advice came from someone who doesn't use coco. I'd follow recommendations from growers who do.
Seems like an odd problem to me. She looks over-watered yet the coco growers say that can't happen.

Most likely the problems in the beginning were PH issues. It looks like you might have given too many nutes at some point for the size of the plant.

Another problem is that you started in soil inside a cup, then transplanted into coco. Coco works best as a hydro medium. You don't want it to dry out, but you do want to use a pot with good drainage.

So a lot of your roots are inside soil. Soil wants to dry out. You will mess the roots up if the soil stays wet all the time.

See the problem? If you grow in coco, start your plant in rockwool. It is also a hydro medium. Or start it in coco.

I think the best way to handle this is to water only the outside of the container. Try to keep the center, where the soil is dry. If the moisture from the surrounding coco does't get the soil wet, then water the center every now and again as you normally would with soil.

I use a PH of 6.0

This will please both the coco and the soil.

Check your run off. If you are putting in 800ppm and getting out a much higher number, then you need to flush, or just water with water for a while.

Oh, about PH pens. I have tried many brands over the years. Cheap ones will not work well. They will always need calibration and even then, they will often read incorrectly.

They might read the 4 and 7 solution correctly, but mix the 4 and 7 exactly, half and half and it should read at 5.0 to 5.1.

The one thing a grower should spend money on is a good PH pen.

I personally love the BlueLabs combo pen.

Milwakee makes a good combo meter as well, but is more expensive, and pen replacements are more expensive.

The only PH pen by itself I've tried that last long and accurate is the Oakton EcoTestr pH 2, but it's only going to last a year maybe two if lucky. Not too bad for around $50 on Amazon.

Holy shit do i really have the man, the myth, the legend what am i saying THE GOD of coco in my thread :O :bigblush: :adore:

Thanks for taking of your time to address my little problems ! I will for sure go full coco&perlite next grow. I would like to fill that tent with 1 big ass plant. hope i'm gonna do my homework better this time, at least i have most of the material now and i wont be in a hurry.

DAY 48: day 3 flower: I started noticing small orange spot on the leaves after the 2 water in 2 days... will only use distilled water with some cal-mag for a couple of days, tell me if you think im right.

day_482.jpg
day_48_111.jpg
day_48_22.jpg
day_48_31.jpg
day_48_41.jpg

Possible PH swings.

This girl had so many unfortunate things happen to her i think she look great as it is :p she is small AF like 5 times smaller than id like... but hey first grow... i can only do better on my next one :p my goal is just to fill a 32x32 inch tent every 5-6 months. wish me luck :p

This girl had so many unfortunate things happen to her i think she look great as it is :p she is small AF like 5 times smaller than id like... but hey first grow... i can only do better on my next one :p my goal is just to fill a 32x32 inch tent every 5-6 months. wish me luck :p

I grow 4 plants in 7 gal pots in a 33"x33" space. You can turn the crop over about every 4 months depending on the strain(s).
4 ounces per plant = 1 lb. per harvest.

I grow 4 plants in 7 gal pots in a 33"x33" space. You can turn the crop over about every 4 months depending on the strain(s).
4 ounces per plant = 1 lb. per harvest.

I only want to do 1 plant ta a time though (legal stuff...) or else i would have use the entire room my tent is in :( 12'x12' would be awesome :p

DAY 53: (8 flower)

I just gave her some water today made sure it was the right PH :p checked the run off and was 0,1 lower than the input, good news i guess.Next watering = nutes, flower doses !

EDIT: She need a haircut i think but i have no idea what i should or can remove !

Back
Top Bottom