One TSW2000 or 4 TS600's in a 4x4 tent: old grower learning about LEDs

smokeydokie

420 Member
Hi everyone, I am new here and after doing a lot of reading here and searching google etc i am still a bit confused.
I have a 4x4 tent and do not have the money to buy the tsw3000 so was looking at the tsw2000 on Marshydro EU site.
I saw the ts600 and 4 of these would cost me only 20 euros more than the tsw2000 and give me an extra "400" watts. I am sure i am missing something in this and was hoping somebody could set me straight........ are the ts600 old style leds, would 4 of them give better growth than one tsw2000?

Am intending on not over filling the tent if i went with the tsw2000 and keep my plants inside the 3x3 area for flowering.............
I know every plant and grower is different but to give me some idea what to expect with 3 plants, something like girl scout cookies or zkittlez-og-auto what sort of weight should i expect from each plant?
Just dont want to be harvesting skinny nugs but also dont want to regret my light purchase.

Sorry to post yet another light question but i have read tons of posts and still confused over these lights............. 30 plus years ago were were on HPS etc so this is all new to me.

Thanks @TysonOG ....... if it 'could' reach 6oz per plant i am happy. I was working on 1-2oz per plant so anything over would be cool.
I am still confused if there would be a benefit with 4 ts600's over 1 tsw2000 in the 4x4.

thanks for the reply!

The 2000 is rated for a 3x3 and the 600 for a 2x2. Kind of up to you. If you went for the 2000 instead of 4 600s you could add another 2000 later and be rocking. I think i would maybe do that.
Thanks @Reave and @TysonOG !
My confusion is over the actual difference between the two types of light, the TS and the TSW.:hmmmm:
I have searched and searched and cant find an explanation between the two and finding some of the data on Marshydro site a bit hard to cross reference, leaving me confused still.
I emailed Marshydro EU to save starting another light thread but they have not replied.

I know when we grew with large flood and drain tables many years ago having several lamps was better than one huge central one and not sure if this is the same for these new led's or if i am loosing out by choosing the TS600's as from what i can make out it looks they are older style led's??.
We all like huge harvests:yummy: but if i do perpetual grows, reason for a 4x4 tent, new seedlings will go around the edges until i cut the others, So if with 4 ts600's and I get say 80+% yields of having two tsw2000's i would go for the four ts600's as i am limited on money but if the tsw2000 is a much better/advanced light i might well get one and hope i can buy another later.

I fell a bit stupid asking such an open question, strains, medium, lights!! and grower etc all effect yield but i am after knowing if i have the potential there once i hit all the right factors and these two lights are closely priced so trying to get it right once as cant afford to buy it all again.
Umols, Par etc etc is frying my head at the moment :nomo::laughtwo:

Appreciate the replies guys!

By the way my profile pic is of some Jack Herer's i grow outside, I moved to central Europe 5 years ago and never had a result like it in the uk, planted in 1mtrx1mtr tub made from pallets, filled with very old rotted sheep bedding an manure and organic compost, i only watered them and they got huge, LST with wire mesh and even the bottom colas were as big as the tops.
I am lucky as have 32 acres of land but the hunters pass close by and I only need one to come in my land and i am in trouble, cant believe my luck, amazing climate but just cant take the risk outside any more. Which is why i am going indoors and i am almost out of smoke:ganjamon::eek:;)

Here is a link to a journal with someone using a 600. You could also tag the sponsor on this site and see if they will respond. I think they also have an email. Check the sponsors section of the forms. Mars Hydro Sponsored: Flowering With The TS600 , additoanlly the people in that thread may have some more insite since they acutally use mars lights. I dont have one. YET.

Just trying to understand it my friend when on a budget i cant afford too mess up.

Just if i buy one tsw2000 now and if later i have to buy a second tsw2000 it is another 300 euros and i might not be able to afford it, just trying max my euro for the watts and fully cover the tent with GOOD light.
Looking at the Umol's the ts600 gives about 450, the tsw gives out 1200 and as I am new to understanding how led's work it isnt making much sense to me right now......... to me that says two ts600's still wont give the same Umols in same space as on tsw600....900vs1200.....but maybe i am missing something.... If it was just bright light we are talking about it would be easy but we all know the Girlz know what they want to grow best.
I tagged @Mars Hydro in a comment yesterday but not had a reply so assume the guy is busy.

Will check those threads out, thanks buddy!

He has a point I didn't consider. I don't want to feed the b.s. train...but the TSW2000 is about 250w. 4 TS600 would supply 320w. That IS a difference.

One benefit of the TSW is you can remove the ballasts and mount them outside the tent to keep temps down.

One benefit of the 600's is they can be at different heights allowing different strains to grow.

I have heard that the ideal watts per square foot is between 30-50w. The TSW runs just under this "ideal range". Plant Daddy runs his tent just slightly below this ideal level and he gets stellar results.

This is a good question and you have reason to be scratching your head. I am as well.

What would I do? I would go with the TSW for the ability to mount the drivers outside the tent to be able to keep that aspect of the environment under my control and discretion.

Those TS600 are little lights but they are no joke when it comes to ambient heat. They still emit heat and may cause an issue, maybe not as bad as I am thinking in a 4x4...

I was actually thinking of 2x tsl 2000s for 4x4. The reason for the higher umols with the larger lights is more overlapping led. When you stick 4 600s beside each other there will be more overlap and umols will increase. So in short if you only care about money and wattage per foot and are not planning on spending later go with the 600s. They will grow you some solid plants.

One tsl2000 in a 3x3 will rock it in veg and I think will do pretty good in flower also. I just veg with it so...I got probably 40 plants under mine. Yes, they are flowing out the tent! They still get pretty good light and are growing( a little slower) but growing... it is a nice little light. I’m just salty the coupon for 420fam is a sorry 3% off. It’s like 7 bucks...

He has a point I didn't consider. I don't want to feed the b.s. train...but the TSW2000 is about 250w. 4 TS600 would supply 320w. That IS a difference.

One benefit of the TSW is you can remove the ballasts and mount them outside the tent to keep temps down.

One benefit of the 600's is they can be at different heights allowing different strains to grow.

I have heard that the ideal watts per square foot is between 30-50w. The TSW runs just under this "ideal range". Plant Daddy runs his tent just slightly below this ideal level and he gets stellar results.

This is a good question and you have reason to be scratching your head. I am as well.

What would I do? I would go with the TSW for the ability to mount the drivers outside the tent to be able to keep that aspect of the environment under my control and discretion.

Those TS600 are little lights but they are no joke when it comes to ambient heat. They still emit heat and may cause an issue, maybe not as bad as I am thinking in a 4x4...

Thanks for the reply great Puffer!
I know from experience with older lights, there is a difference between the intensity/lumen output spread as sizes go up so assumed the same for these led's and what you have said is what i thought, 4 ts600's give slightly more watts........... but what i dont know is if that is the same for the Umol's and cover or effect on the plants......looking at the charts on Marshyrdro site it would appear that the tsw2000 does give more Umols than the overlap from two ts600's and that is what is getting me to think, to put it simply it seems the tsw2000 has more punch/more Umol's.......... I am not trying to build the 'ultimate' tent as my funds wont allow the tsw3000......... but dont want to regret how i start off.

Also started thinking about heat, it gets 50C plus in late summer, so any excess heat would be good to keep down.

I was actually thinking of 2x tsl 2000s for 4x4. The reason for the higher umols with the larger lights is more overlapping led. When you stick 4 600s beside each other there will be more overlap and umols will increase. So in short if you only care about money and wattage per foot and are not planning on spending later go with the 600s. They will grow you some solid plants.
I
I know from experience with older lights, there is a difference between the intensity/lumen output spread as sizes go up so assumed the same for these led's and what you have said is what i thought, 4 ts600's give slightly more watts........... but what i dont know is if that is the same for the Umol's and cover or effect on the plants......looking at the charts on Marshyrdro site it would appear that the tsw2000 does give more Umols than the overlap from two ts600's and that is what is getting me to think, to put it simply it seems the tsw2000 has more punch/more Umol's.......... I am not trying to build the 'ultimate' tent as my funds wont allow the tsw3000......... but dont want to regret how i start off.

Also started thinking about heat, it gets 50C plus in late summer, so any excess heat would be good to keep down.
I think you will like the tsw-2000. If you just need someone to say yes, Pull the trigger, I do it. Check out my journal I got started. I got a few pictures up...

I

I think you will like the tsw-2000. If you just need someone to say yes, Pull the trigger, I do it. Check out my journal I got started. I got a few pictures up...
I have watched lots of youtube videos with the different lights over the last few days, nothing like seeing results and set up's to help.
Think i am going to go for the TSW2000 as think it will do me well enough and nice i can help keep heat out of the tent in the summer if needed. going to check out your journal. cheers!

But would still like to get @Mars Hydro opinion before i buy :ganjamon:

I have watched lots of youtube videos with the different lights over the last few days, nothing like seeing results and set up's to help.
Think i am going to go for the TSW2000 as think it will do me well enough and nice i can help keep heat out of the tent in the summer if needed. going to check out your journal. cheers!
Omg, those videos are like pulling teeth! All we need to know is will it grow a nugget... they literally are turning it into rocket science! I’m glad they are making Better lights and all but they need to keep the prices reasonable... a qb shouldn’t cost the same as 5 double ended high pressure sodium hoods....

Yep! too many people over complicate it i have to skip to the good parts and on to the next :laughtwo: , i feel a little like that right now over these lights but once i hear from Marshydro it will be good organic soil that i make here on the farm, pretty much like foxfarm ocean and water with occasional tea if needed, no mess'in.
Then I need to learn the distances of these led's and i should be good to go.:ganjamon:

one TS3000 or 2 TS2000 is the best choice for 4x4.
The TS600 has no power supply and no dimming, which means you'll waste some of your electricity bills during the VEG phase.
The TS2000 and 3000 will also last longer than the TS600 without the power supply design.
If you compare their spectra, you will find that the TS600 has a lower red light spectrum than the other lights, and the TS2000 and 3000 have a higher red light spectrum, which is more conducive to flowering.

Back
Top Bottom