Open Pollination Project

I've been studying up on this as well - I wish I could get a real good picture and descript
How many do you need???

ive only done shrooms once and it had been made into a “tea”, but even though gone on alcohol, Amphetamine Sulphate and Morrocan hash (it was a friends birthday party) I can still remember it looked real nasty, like dirty water, had chunks in, and smelt like someone had taken a dump after eating a rotten carcass.
But the effects were wonderful and even calming. If I’d have taken acid after all the other stuff I would’ve have been in a real bad place (mind you I didn’t mind at the time, we’d trip in real weird places to purposefully freak ourselves out but that’s another story).

However to get back to how many, I cannot say by experience, but what I’d heard at the time was 6-9 whole for a nice pleasant trip where everyone has a good time. But lots of other stuff is important, with any psychedelics setting, the variation in strength of different species, the variation of strength with the same species, growing conditions etc
i know a lot more about acid but the same rules apply anyway.

Importantly though if you’re not very experienced always be On the cautious side.

That is a good way to put it. Always be on the cautious side. I hear that the heroic doses are the see your ancestor type trips. Were talking a dried ounce of cubes in a sitting.
I used to start with a gram sometimes 1 and a half and just vibe on mild visuals and enjoy the calming effects in the right settings of course I like to listen to the trees when they show them selves I know it sounds crazy but they all have faces. There's been a couple times I have had them before work and during work halfway through the day I had some with my lunch that was when my tolerance was higher. Still some effect but doing physical labor it makes pain more manageable too.
Thats an interesting story about the tea but you are correct about the different species, I really like the Fiji variety I grew them big flushes and did amazing bulk style but were really energizing and had an intense euphoric high to them. Almost like molly and at one point in my trip at this show my face was completely numb so it was most certainly different than any other time I have had mushrooms. I only had mushrooms that night too. The Mexican Dutch Kings were pretty big and they gave me more deep intense mental stimulation and heavy visuals a lot of waviness and some tracers they call it with the trails from moving objects not so much but enough to make you feel funny to me is tripping. I think how insane that is to eat an ounce when I eat an eighth Im having a pretty good time LOL golden teachers also are a good one to begin with easy to grow and ability to be huge.

These Lions Mane mushrooms looked better than they tasted. I will have to try cooking them with some onion or garlic next time. But pretty cool looking and definitely give a meatyness and crab or lobster like texture. I thought was a bit nutty.

20220402_221015.jpg

Those are Golden Teachers, and this is one of my favorites she was a real donkey show and was very stinky, Blimburn Og's kush. I underestimated this OG and wish I would have taken a couple cuts but there's plenty of OG out there to grow. The way French Macaron is smelling right now it is hard to describe but I like it and glad I have a few extra seeds of i. Gonna be interesting to see what that crossed with a Pebble Pie has to offer and any one who knows how genes pass on from parents parents knows theres a few possibilities or different phenotypes to pick out. It takes a while to get there but we are on this train and it is bound for glory. I am hoping for the same thing from all the seeds but thats impossible for the first round unless I dont know what Im talking about and both parents are that stable. The Garlic cake seems to have been pretty straight forward indica garlic sherbert sweet everything I hoped so its a waiting game now. Sorry I dont have more plants to do open pollinating with and it kind of brings the journal to a slow point.

20200716_205418.jpg

20200716_205418.jpg

Hmm thats funny it posted twice, well I snagged a couple pictures. Can probably take another grouping of cuts from this plant before I move her into the tent Im gonna get her and the French Macaron into some 10's too I love how the one plant is doing in hers I might go 7's I would love to go 20 or 30 but need my own place. Eventually 300's in the outdoor setting. I have the "Humboldt hot mix" it gets hot and needs to sit for a month or so before planting in to it and it's just water water water no additives. Thats how you get 10 pounds from a single plant of all natural.
Super soil, big beds and a lot of prep in the beginning.
Anyway I'm loving the new craft knife for cuts it has a good weight to it and holds the blade very good.
Just added sprayer nozzles to my manifold to spread the water more obviously need a bit stronger of a pump but this will do for now.
A peep at CCs behind the scenes
Added a new device to the mix, insurance for the cuts if you may. Also a couple seeds visible on the GC cuts hoping it takes and I get a couple to sprout right here.
The mother is rough but still fighting the fight, yes I am that lazy she has been in the same spot for weeks. Better days ahead for us all.

20220403_053409_HDR.jpg

20220403_053336.jpg

20220403_053133.jpg

20220403_053104.jpg

Grabbed a couple shots and took some off the plant that was spread out grabbed a shot of GC doing good in her place collected more pollen today been a lot so far and the plant smells delicious. Excited to see how many seeds she makes. I might do something where if someone guesses the number I will send some on the house who can guess the closest.
The smells from this purple though wow very purple smelling a little grand daddy a touch of diesel and a hint of a sweet candy almost citrusy but I would say more berry like but amazing color.s nice looking flower good structure spongy but full.

20220403_135334.jpg

20220403_135243_HDR.jpg

20220403_135314.jpg

A bit small compared to some of the wild specimen I found. But these I did not find.

20200506_083718.jpg

Ive never seen anything like that in reality.
All halocinogenic mushrooms ive seen have been fairly small, well psylocibes anyway, seen some quite large Amanita, but apart from reading I’m a real beginner in shrooms and only seen a few specimens in England and Australia.
These look fantastic though! I’d like to see the faces of some of my old friends from the day and say “You call that a mushroom??? Now this is what I call a mushroom” and then pull that from underneath my jacket lol

Hmm thats funny it posted twice, well I snagged a couple pictures. Can probably take another grouping of cuts from this plant before I move her into the tent Im gonna get her and the French Macaron into some 10's too I love how the one plant is doing in hers I might go 7's I would love to go 20 or 30 but need my own place. Eventually 300's in the outdoor setting. I have the "Humboldt hot mix" it gets hot and needs to sit for a month or so before planting in to it and it's just water water water no additives. Thats how you get 10 pounds from a single plant of all natural.
Super soil, big beds and a lot of prep in the beginning.
Anyway I'm loving the new craft knife for cuts it has a good weight to it and holds the blade very good.
Just added sprayer nozzles to my manifold to spread the water more obviously need a bit stronger of a pump but this will do for now.
A peep at CCs behind the scenes
Added a new device to the mix, insurance for the cuts if you may. Also a couple seeds visible on the GC cuts hoping it takes and I get a couple to sprout right here.
The mother is rough but still fighting the fight, yes I am that lazy she has been in the same spot for weeks. Better days ahead for us all.

20220403_053409_HDR.jpg

20220403_053336.jpg

20220403_053133.jpg

20220403_053104.jpg
I’m really trying to imagine the smell of that garlic cake!

The Golden Teachers I felt really bubbly but very down to Earth. Very happy good vibes from them and very easy to grow as you see in the picture. They were the thickest I have grown and blame due to the presterilized dung/ and peat wheat berry and straw grow bag I spent as much on as the spores this flush dried to an ounce I think the biggest one was about 5 to 7 grams dried alone and would be enough to get you and 4 other friends buzzed pretty good.
I like the kit I ordered and was happy with it, later flushes weren't as plenty but pulled another half ounce from it and then planted the rest of the block in a garden box. Kept it damp... When it rained they would sprout and I would wait for the veil to break before picking them but had a different taste being grown with wood mulch covering them so slightly. That ended up giving me maybe another dry 7 to 10 grams.
Dried the big ones on brown paper bags under my t5 light a few ft away. Sun drying mushrooms allows them to make an incredible amount of vitamin D.
As for Amanitas, avoid the all white death angels and always be sure to dry the amanita before consuming. Everytime I pick amanitas from the wild they are crawling with bugs due to being naturally attractive from the compounds they produce.
But I'm talking micro worms basically gnat larvae from the ground mining through the stem into the caps. Them bugs must be feeling really good. You will get sick eating fresh because the muscalin is toxic fresh but allowed to dry it changes and becomes gentle to our body and will make the experience much better.
I have found quite a few variety in the state of PA. Perhaps I will try to get some in the cap tissue from some really good buttons that havent opened before the crawlers get there. And running its spawn and transferring to grain and having a go at fruiting some in the house that would be cool.
Thats the process in short there's a lot of pasturizing and sterilizing in the meantime.

thats funny though the Croc Dundee refference LOL you calk that a mushroom?
Yea these were pretty similar in smell to oyster mushrooms not as strong but def gotta cook them or they probably wouldn't taste good based on the way they smelled
Speaking of smell too that GC she has gotten more of a sweet cream kind of smell coming through now from the Ice Cream Cake mother. A bit like a platinum kush like smell to it going now with the cake type smell but like its a cake that was baked with garlic and almost like a key lime sherb/ gelato. Very unique and fun to grow. Her leafs are gigantic, the males are too and Im happy it had the same terpene profile like the female. 1 male was lopped due to being so regular and celery like smelling and really green. The keeper has some nice purple streaking through the stems. Trying to make a good strain out of these and only made this journal because of these 2 plants.
It has been a great experience so far and sorry I am gonna have to kind of leave this without much pictures but when they have noticeably changed I will update.
This also leads me to the start of a new journal. I told Bill I would make a hacks journal. Which will show some tips and tricks to sabve money and cover methods of propogation from seed and cutting. I'm gonna make a new flood cloner because I like how well the first one did. Show pictures on how I will do that. Then Im gonna give cloning a run through on different plug types and methods of which I use to start in different types of media and making a home nade clone gel and comparing results in the same tray for consistent conditions to the cuts of the same mother. Gonna make a home made budget drip module(in the process right now) and include the details there.
Keep on truckin'

So this plant is getting some new direction and gonna make some seeds for us too being in one of the pollination rooms. These colas had to get cut they would be bigger if i got rid of all the under shoots but there really weren't that many and she got spread out and they wanted to start producing so we are gonna let them go turn into another couple ounces and have some more of the ruderalis bred out of her which is what I wanted to do.
She has to be the most perfect plant to have this males pollen for what she already smells and looks like.
And some GC pollen thats been getting collected. Enough for jars full of seeds.
Nice purple

670789043.jpg

670789124.jpg

670788837.jpg

670788702.jpg

670788485.jpg

thats funny though the Croc Dundee refference LOL you calk that a mushroom?
Yea these were pretty similar in smell to oyster mushrooms not as strong but def gotta cook them or they probably wouldn't taste good based on the way they smelled
Speaking of smell too that GC she has gotten more of a sweet cream kind of smell coming through now from the Ice Cream Cake mother. A bit like a platinum kush like smell to it going now with the cake type smell but like its a cake that was baked with garlic and almost like a key lime sherb/ gelato. Very unique and fun to grow. Her leafs are gigantic, the males are too and Im happy it had the same terpene profile like the female. 1 male was lopped due to being so regular and celery like smelling and really green. The keeper has some nice purple streaking through the stems. Trying to make a good strain out of these and only made this journal because of these 2 plants.
It has been a great experience so far and sorry I am gonna have to kind of leave this without much pictures but when they have noticeably changed I will update.
This also leads me to the start of a new journal. I told Bill I would make a hacks journal. Which will show some tips and tricks to sabve money and cover methods of propogation from seed and cutting. I'm gonna make a new flood cloner because I like how well the first one did. Show pictures on how I will do that. Then Im gonna give cloning a run through on different plug types and methods of which I use to start in different types of media and making a home nade clone gel and comparing results in the same tray for consistent conditions to the cuts of the same mother. Gonna make a home made budget drip module(in the process right now) and include the details there.
Keep on truckin'
I’m looking foreward to the new journal, Do-Dah Man

I have some orange kush cake from ethos coming I figured take what I have and breed what it would be pretty close to. My orange cake seems to be a bit sensitive and leaning to a strong sativa(not that I wont enjoy it) she looks like she needs another month or 2 though. Im trying to keep her purple, her formation, height and keep the citrus cake there but also pronounce it more and get her to finish sooner with a heavier and tighter or denser flower than she has. It is pretty nice as it is but she is a finicky plant. I want to make a strain that can be kept without all the extra difficulties. Even though thats what the old heads look for is pure heirloom. She well qualifies but I wasn't expecting to turn out so long and skinny or even flowering this long. She was an accident from the start which is what makes her more magical than anything. Somewhere in my seeds collection is another 1 or 2 of her lol I really also wish I labelled better but thats what genetics testing is for and my memory isn't so bad. In a tube with seeds from her sisters at least so I know where it is at least that much is done on my part. Getting better with writing down what is what we dont want any mixing.
Supposed to get a free Mandarin Cookies for buying the 5 pack and theyre also including 2 more freebies. Trizkits from twenty20 and some unnamed house fem photoperiods couldn't beat that deal. North Atlantic seed Co. They offer discreet world wide shipping too and was fairly simple to navigate and easy to use their site. Happy customer.
This is orange cake's sister plant seedling doing alright and ready to take off now. Forgot bout this one, appears to show a vigor in it she needs more light too but things are kind of slow I got really sick last week and finally clearing up now. Took a rapid test to be sure not Cv19 and just some lousy head cold thats worked into my chest. These drugs make me tired but my favorite medicine of all is still burning the flower and using my tincture with colloidal silver.

20220404_095830.jpg

20220404_095806.jpg

When i can get a better shot I will but she isn't very sexy looking as it is she is a touch on the skinny side you can see the sativa dominance very nute sensitive. Not necessarily a bad thing because you can grow with less effort for less demanding nutrient requirements but we all wanna get them fat lol right?
This other plant we have a good shot of though getting heavy with oil and has some seeds here and there I want to ripen she was the one with the massive stacking of flowers.

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

Back
Top Bottom