Open Pollination Project

This seedling of I believe of orange gelato and Nigerian landrace sativa dominance crossed with Pebble Pie is throwing some duck foot. Thats pretty cool I have wanted a duck foot but never seemed too intrigued with it. Also some photos I managed to take of an adventure my girlfriend and I hike up to this look out and is one of the most serene places on Earth. Get a bit of anxiety standing here but have a look at this yellow amanita button I found up there too. This was in the fall.

20211025_115035.jpg

20211025_114853_HDR.jpg

16496520576954732909569836657017.jpg

And have the shallow water culture Dr. grinspoon getting healthier finally and putting Lestra because this is a girl and Dr. g's name is Lester. So Lestra is going to get an actual deep water culture fit to a whopping 5 gallon bucket. Just to save on nutrients. Im keeping it sterile and have been adding chlorine to keep disease and other pathogens from affecting the plant and or solution. It seems to show that it is helping. It definitely is helping my cloner stay clear of nasty stuff.
After Lestra is too big for her 5 she will be placed in a 10 gallon to keep some money from being wasted going right into a 10. Too much waste to change after 2 weeks for 1 plant this small still.
A little root starting on one of the garlic cuts! Yes!

Message_1649639061380.jpg

Message_1649639035066.jpg

Message_1649635458926.jpg

Message_1649635425199.jpg

Found a local business that sells mini 10 gallon plastic drums with lids for 8$ US... Gonna get me a few of them babies for that price shoot on line cant even find them and everything else costs more. Like way more.
They offer the big 55 gallon drums for 15 i think with lid and 12 without it sounded like.
Pretty excited to do a real DWC and making my 4" square fence posts system soon have some square caps coming along with some some grommets to hold 3/4 inch pvc for overflows trying to build on a budget.
I want bigger for more flow but even 1/2 would work I just need my 1/2 grommets for other systems Im gonna build.

Yea she is, I think for how solid the mothers flowers are she is one of my new favorites and the garlic really coming through more still sweet and sherby but cant say for sure how it really is til I smoke some. Some of the buds that got hung dried a bit much but are still good with terpenes and right into jars only a qr from.what was left on the 1 and the ourple ended up being 1.5 ounces exactly still has another 1 to 2 possibly to push out.
1 of the hybrids is almoat ready to have a few seeds picked i really liked letting these nugs go longer on the plant definitely helped it thicken and get denser I always cut early or have cut too late.

I have some damn mites on my plants that were at my buddies. Had to bring them.home without realizing them on the plants. Oh man lets hope this stuff works on them. I treated the real heavily infested plant with a little extra strength solution and noticed it on the other small auto hybrid just now. Treating with the Basiana and adding more humidity to the room. I would spray her in the shower if her flowers werent so thick. No webbing but this is the time to stop them.before they breed and get everywhere.
Sprayed the really infected plant in the shower under pressure to blast the mites off her and letting her sit in the bathroom to dry gonna shake the water off her and put her back under the lights. Thinking about ordering some predatory mites too I know theres gotta be some in there I think I seen some. Hoping basiana doesnt kill the good ones though it might... I dunno its like getting a flat tire after getting new tires lol what the floor man!.
Gonna make some aspirin water too just to really give them.mites something to chew on these plants didnt get aspirin for a cpl mo ths now too so they got attacked.

I have some damn mites on my plants that were at my buddies. Had to bring them.home without realizing them on the plants. Oh man lets hope this stuff works on them. I treated the real heavily infested plant with a little extra strength solution and noticed it on the other small auto hybrid just now. Treating with the Basiana and adding more humidity to the room. I would spray her in the shower if her flowers werent so thick. No webbing but this is the time to stop them.before they breed and get everywhere.
Sprayed the really infected plant in the shower under pressure to blast the mites off her and letting her sit in the bathroom to dry gonna shake the water off her and put her back under the lights. Thinking about ordering some predatory mites too I know theres gotta be some in there I think I seen some. Hoping basiana doesnt kill the good ones though it might... I dunno its like getting a flat tire after getting new tires lol what the floor man!.
Gonna make some aspirin water too just to really give them.mites something to chew on these plants didnt get aspirin for a cpl mo ths now too so they got attacked.

I’ve just been reading about bassiana, it’s very nasty for them mites, haha.

How does aspirin work? It’s sounds like you use it regularly.

Good luck with the battle!

Wow do I feel like I got dusty leaving the group but I been busy pulling my hair out and stuff lol
So good news everyone. Bassiana fungus and other microbes saved the day with the mites. They havent done any more damage, no webbing and that makes me super happy to see.
I applied regular treatment strength of that and did water my aspirin.
So anyone curious to how aspirin works with the plant. The aspirin itself is synthetic salicylic acid. Which all plants make some greater than others such as willow and willow water is tremendous for rooting fresh cuts of many plants.
The salicylic naturally protects the plants and is found to reduce stress but it is a big thing for me to provide systemic resistance. Had a stink bug on a plant and seen maybe a tiny nibble. Drowned him in a glass of soapy water... Crazy was still alive tried to live after a few minutes upsidedown in the glass flipped over with his wings and I tried poking him back upsidedown( I know this sounds messed up) he grabbed on my finger and came back out so i flicked it back in and flushed down the toilet to give him a chance to live but not in my house.
Anyways the stink bug was sitting on my plant and might have got a nibble but was just sitting there like it was his plant.
So when the plant gets the aspirin through the roots it pretty much acts as a poison to chewers and makes them uninterested. It also from what I understand will help plants struggling with fungal issues. I like the fizz tabs 1 325mg to a gallon of water and I try to use about once a month and that seems about how long it lasts in the plant for a systemic boost to pest resistance. I use the generic brand because it is a lot cheaper.
Anyone wondering how my aphid issue went too thats pretty much in wraps they are gone now as well.
My spider is taking to the Dr. grinspoon plant.
Unfortunately the supplier I went to for 10 gallon drums sold the last of them between the time I called and went to pick up so it has to go in a bucket but I am alright with that but a shot of my friend who helps me with my bugs. I like the zebra variety because they are a smaller variety but beggers can't be choosers. Hes like a mini tarantula LOL pretty cool they are called the Bold Jumper.
Im almost certain the bassiana fungus will help save the world with the wing mites attacking bees. We have to act and not sit back and watch all the honey bees and other pollinating bees die off so rapidly though. Thats the problem with problems. No course of action no resolution and I love honey so I am gonna try to help the bees but the guy who makes the stuff is better fit to adjusting the wing mite populations than I am. Just thought it was interesting to bring up. Paul Stamets talks about them in a video and I want to say bassiana is his answer bc he is a Mycologist (most well known scientist who studies fungus) he mentioned this and its pretty crazy how many bees are effected something like 80 percent of theworlds population to be exact. Yes pesticides, herbacides and fungicides are killing our precious pollinators but whats killing them more? So it doesn't help that we practice the agricultural practices we practice but it should be a more known thing that everyone world wide is at stake here to face bare shelves in the stores. I couldn't imagine a life without honey :( save the bees y'all save the planet leave a better planet for your childrens children. That much we can do and we must.

20220503_075829.jpg

Up next is Garlic Cake to be cut and seeded. I am loving the Blue Dream.. She has a cpl mites from my purple auto I brought in lol woops but she had good resistance and they are pretty toast now that I applied bassiana a cpl times. Incredible stuff by the way. I used spinosad from captain jacks dead bug brew is like a kindergartener compared to bassiana magna cum laude.
I am at above 500 seeds from Blue Dream and she is gonna make some more now that I have that garlic cake male in there. Just rolling with it. She is starting to reveg a little which is perfect thats what I want. Gonna take some cuts and she is gonna be put in a greenhouse to finish her life happily ever after with a couple pounds on her branches I am hoping.

Message_1651400043818.jpg

20220501_010521.jpg

Hey! Good to hear from you, and good to see you and friend handling the mites.

Im 1 week into grow 2, 2 plants a Gorilla Glue and a California Snow which was my last grow and I want to see how much (if any) I can improve with some of the knowledge I’ve gained.

It seems the mites will persist unless retreated every few days the hatch is every 3 days.. So I neemed them little buggers and haven't seen any activity lately. I added another biological to the party from Arber organics bought at Walmart. 20 bones for 16 ounces and its fairly strong so I sprayed everything with this and watered with it. Probably over kill but have been devastated from mites before and dont wanna go there again. Not playing games with these dang bugs. Your plants are gonna be out of this world compared to your first 1 it gets better no doubt

Hey CC, I had some mites break out on my outdoor girls this grow. It wasn't major, but I had to do something as it's not pretty when mites overwhelm plants. I previously had tried Neem, Rosemary oil, and used insecticidal soap but was out that, Neem worked in the past but I felt never really completely. So I tried blend of onion, garlic and a bit of Dr Bonner's Castille soap. That's made a good impression on me and I'll use it again.

That Amnesia Kush sounds great, enjoy!

Stunger sorry to hear it's like getting an std without even putting the pecker in a parking place. I love the dr bronners. I have been spraying for the mites over here they have been calming down and I think I have them under control but have been using fungi of 3 specific strains and some photsynthetic bacteria to apply and seems to have them to the point of an end. I did neem a coupl times and been trying to stay away as you know the taste might stick in the flower.
I have a recipe I follow to really saturate everything with that works well and is for mites and aphids. I took the recipe from a hop owner in Michigan. He put it on youtube and I wrote it dosn to make if I need to. It's pretty basic but uses a lot more than you think you would need. Thats why I like using the specific fungal strains and the 1 actually helps to outcompete powder mold/ mildew which is a problem where we live it's a very damp environment at times.

Mites and aphids spray
In 2 qts water
1/4 cup tea trea castile soap
1/4 peppermint castile soap
1 tbsp peroxide
1 cup 70% isopropyl alcohol

I dont know how I would feel about spraying flowers with this but an after spray of plain water should wash it away I recommend a wash down anyways to get the mites off make them even weaker and wet and cold they dont like that then most of them die.
I was using a shop vac to clean them off my plants a cpl yrs back and spraying with a super strong peroxide solution totally frying the terpenes not totally. Still a big devastating phase to be going through with our plants.

So I had the green tea tree castile soap but ran out and havent been able to find at stores in larger size so peppermint I doubled the dose and just added about 10 drops of tea tree oil to the mix and it seems to really make a difference he mentions the tea tree purifies the plants too and cleans them but so does soap so it's a little extra but it to me has made all the difference when dealing with aphids and mites they dont stand a chance!

Back
Top Bottom