Open Pollination Project

So a friend pointed out to me, that since he was growing my garlic cake, I was wrong on the garlic breath being an in house genetics strain. It is not so I apologize to anyone who follows along and seems this. It is actually a thug pug bred strain. So I was wrong, Mr. Pipe caught it first. Not surprised as Thug Pug is one of his favorites.
I haven't been on in a while but have been busy trying to keep things happy, the outdoor had me a bit busier than I was expecting even though it wasn't much. Then, switching jobs and having more responsibilities it's been a bit tough to get back into the magazine regularly.
But I am gonna get into micro greens farming and hoping to start a bunch of other things for the spring its warming up sooner this year than I thought it would. Will be back soon to share more on my open pollination plants and get some of the last of the 2022 outdoor I let open pollinate and will be starting a flay of the 2 new hybrids off that and do a side thing of those and one of the Blue Dream X Pebble Pie in flower because she is big her at least you guys/ gals can see and have me a OMFG ready to flower in her system, a runtz fast in a 13 gal pot I transferred from a 10 because I was lazy and let a pineapple upsidedown cake and a blue erry cupcake root through there 4" starter pots down into the 10 gal. Root pouch with the fast runtz. So my idea was to get them all separated save as much roots as possible so it was quite a greenthumb procedure but it went well. Have me some runtz autos on a drip fed system too I put together and am waiting for the bacteria in the 15 gal drum I customized and built a wooden frame/ arch to hold it. I will have to share some pictures so you can see what I am saying. But the drum had like a disinfectant or some cleaner in it and I put baking soda/ vinegar for a day. Rolled it around. Then did the soap and bleach for a day.. then added spoiled milk and more baking soda and different essential oils let it sit for another couple days and still the aroma of like pine cleaner is in the drum.
So I have it running with just the pump inside now, put another box of baking soda, I put in some banana leaf and chopped up snake plant pieces to add a natural bio layer and hopefully absorb some of the fragrance. Added a stinky organic fermented fertilizer with fish and Molasses and seaweed to really soak into the plastic and get that out and a saponin like knotweed extract I been using ocassionally with drenches.

The big long girl in the tent is a blue dream x pebble pie very interesting scents and the hydroponics bucket is OMFG from exotic genetix his lip smackers was pretty good and my outdoor flower of that tested at 20% thc which isn't terrible. But the pineapple upsidedown cake my friend had a special reserve of live rosin of this and I was blown away zi had to get my hands on the genetics. Shes doing well zi will have to get later pictures but am gonna breed her with the blueberry cupcake for some intense tropical fruit dessert flowers going for gold baby! OMFG roots like its her job, very nice to clone plant for anyone who is looking for a star plant to clone. OMFG is runtz x red pop. Mostly indica but thats why I have all the hybrids too because I still like the effects to be there but need the indica pain relief.. not that Sativas don't do it but it's racey for me too the pure sativas. I need for work or adventuring. But at home it's an overload on me smoking sativas I have so much I want to do and yes I know theres things to help with that and I'm my own work in progress chosing not to cut corners.

20230119_125133.jpg

20230119_125009.jpg

Pics didn't upload, you can see it slowly was upgraded to having baskets under the 1 gallon pots on the table with the dripper basket stakes. Really love this system, need to lower the table as far as it can go and raise the light up even more gonna fill the whole 2 x 4 area and Mary Scroggins the tops out to max the space and 300watts on the canopy. Having a devoted reservoir is a glorious thing for a group of the same plants. Because if you mix different strains in the same system recirculating, their exudes mix and the terpene profile mixes on the flowers in the canopy it all begins to taste the same. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if you want your blueberry to taste like watermelon and vice versa or grape to taste orangey too

20230112_063726.jpg

20230112_021016.jpg

20230218_102011.jpg

20230218_101944.jpg

20230201_142922.jpg

20230201_142908.jpg

20230112_063726.jpg

20230112_053826.jpg

20230112_044245.jpg

20230112_021016.jpg

The girls in the drip like what they were planted in. A mix of coco/ perlite/ sand/ coast of Maine lobster fertilizer with earthworm.casting. the reservoir I have gh micro and Humboldt Verde, some azos some silicic acid, a bit of fulvic acids and a 20% potassium blend going for a 20-10-20 npk using what I have it was easy to do but the pots got rockwool in the bottoms to keep debris from entering the table and then some sand stone to weigh them down and prevent toppling and then the coco mix I used 2 types of coco the mulch big fibery type and then the finer pet like kind for frogs and stuff. I didn't rinse it just hydrated with hot water, cleaned the sand first, washed the sand stone too and mixed everything in a children's pool with my garden claw tool thing. The hot water helps loosen up the coco faster for mixing, and there is also seaweed it looks like I added to the res... General organics baby! I do top off the pots with expanded clay after planting for blocking light on the coco from growing algae. Should be a concern to have algae with all the bacterias, it is mostly a bacteria based system. For the fact that bacteria are fast paced organisms and fungi are better to boost in soil I feel because that is more a long term organism fit for a longer living plant to be host with from seed to harvest. The sativas especially to really get all the flavor they have to offer your gonna want organic high colony count soil with tons of beneficial organisms and organic matter. Give them longer finishing plants that big pot and 2 bags of soil skip the 5 gallon pot or 7 gallon or 10 gallon pots. Grow big!
I have mine she deserves the biggest pot I have is probably a 15 gallon at most so I'm gonna get her in it soon because she's in a 2 gallon and wants to fall over zi just staked her up shes beautiful. And have another power grower but lost the drip ring so made this special looking one for it 🤣 it works though, and same idea rockwool in the bottom to save media but am using barbecue lava stones here... pre washed... just rinsed in bag a few times with tap water.
And I apologize to anyone I say go ahead and use tap water because it's not all the same. Some tap water is pretty toxic or bad and you might need to be filtering your water supply. Fortunately the great lake Erie is some of the cleanest freshwater in the world and the city has a pretty good facility they change the filters regularly but I love the water here in Buffalo. People if it tastes good to you, then it tastes good to the plants remember that.
My tap is almost an 8 sometimes though and my system with the acids the sand breaks down and the humic acid in Verde the ph slowly drifts up and the potassium in the coco I feel makes that go up a little so am using a lot of ph down in this system but am hoping for the benefit of hydroponics and organics or closest to organic as possible. Flushing will be a piece of cake. Clean water in. Leach leach leach. Done.

20230128_085150.jpg

20230111_195857.jpg

20230111_174715.jpg

20230111_173138.jpg

20230111_172539.jpg

One of the plants left to grow into the 10 gallon root pouch with the runtz fast.. and that runtz autos they were in the prop tray mostly 24 hrs of light had to keep adding water regularly for months the were in there roots really long 2ft. Had to kind of trim back a lot of them and kind of left the algae that started growing on the roots to break down as food. The runtz 13 she is was like all roots.

20230128_084311.jpg

20230111_180951.jpg

20230111_180943.jpg

20230109_060756.jpg

20230108_223144.jpg

Knotweed definitely has a saponin like effect very sudsy and have a nice bio film over everything like I was hoping now gonna run again after cleaning the pump filter its a little warm so put a panty ho on the outside of the pump this time run for another day let it foam again and just ferment some more getting the cleaner smell out of the plastic taking longer than zi though should have just got a clean one but alrwady did all this on it with a valve at the bottom and an inlet for the drainage.

20230219_123040.jpg

20230219_122900.jpg

Yes, thank you Stunger, my friend how has the winter been in NZ? I see Manuka honey from NZ in the grocery store here and there is also a type of fish I wanted to ask you about I see we have frozen here, but from your part of the world. I will have to see again has a funny name to it but to you is probably normal also I am closer to freshwater so I mostly know freshwater fish too which are common around the world especially carp and bass or pike but the fish around the world are all most certainly unique!.
Anyway, that Manuka honey have you ever given it a whirl? Good for colds it sounds like some intense natural antibiotic. Was trying to find anything on if it works well for cloning plants and if it works better than what I paid more for. I bought the cloning honey made locally but it's just regular local organic honey with the beuvaria basiana spores.
The results from the stuff I been using is great. Got around 60 cuts done for 20$ yea pricey but great results.
Thinking is I can just make something for far less why not I like what the basiana fungus does to protect the plant itself biologically.. but cleanliness has been the big contributor on success here.
Sterilizing everything with a viral killing cleaner and using 90% isoproply when doing cuts to keep the blade clean.
I got a bottle of physan 20 to find its just benzyl ammonia or whatever but concentrated and gets really sudsy and it's great and all but the 8oz bottle costed me 20$ and I just end up using pine cleaner from the dollar store because it's antiviral and it's stupid cheap (also a benzylamonia disinfectant) when they offer a double size for the regular price and ready to use its a no brainer for me to go the cheap route although it has dye and frsgrance, i am rinsing it to be fair, but you can apply physan 20 to fungal infections and to insect pests on crops, so it got me thinking to use the pine cleaner disinfectant on the cobweb mold that was growing in the clone set up and I rinsed it well with luke warm water, the mold has not groen back and the clones are fine, rooted well and still rooting even more profusely by the day so something so simple like a cleaner has helped me with cloning in more than 1 way, its a good fungicide and to clean tools I always prep all my gsrden stuff, the pots and saucers between use and scrub with soap and rinse with hot water been having happy plants, just havent flowered anything but will soon be running a bunch of the omfg and gonna clone my pineapple upside down cake to run a lot of thst, and the blueberry cupcake because I want to make a bunch of oil to crash into thca crsytals as that over a rosin is my preffered concentrste in the terpence sauce something about smoking that glassy crsytal lol 😂
I am still gonna get the next journal rolling soon I have a few things to close on this one including getting some of the scarlet sunset and my ghost gumberry cross a highlight and photo shoot since that was an accidental open pollination while this was still open, then the plants I let pollinate outside by themselves I think I have some shots I want to share still because I shared them with everyone else I was hooking up with seeds. I disappeared for a while but was still in it and getting some good genes out there for people. Still have my blue dream one of her daughters about ready to flip gonna be a big lady like mom 😂
But I'm pumped for the orange grape cakes and the orange grape cakes to my purple diesel which I still have a few plants of that were clones from last year wanted to run her inside away from the excess humidity.. the orange grape cake didn't care that it was so humid that ruderalis really makes them resiliant... but the ruderalis believe it or not had more thc and I think tasted better when cured... the male I wish I didnt pull so suddenly because the first male of many many males I ever seen with thc glands I only noticed till after when I had the resins smeared on my hand and I could smell the sweet orangey grape cake head stash like smell heavy. I have a bunch of seeds to find him again so not that bummed but that was a successful cross in the all charts for me like taste smell appearance growth and resistance and potency all there! Some of the scsrlet sunset from inside getting finished being trimmed. Wish I had them farther from the lights and not let dry too long but that is another live and learn.

20221120_115320.jpg

Yes, thank you Stunger, my friend how has the winter been in NZ?
Well it's currently summer down here. But it's probably been the worst for decades. We had a massive atmospheric river of rain that broke records, where I am we got nearly 12 inches in a day. Then just over a week later we got hit by a cyclone which caused all sorts of slips and floods and houses buried in mud.

But aside from that it is going well on a personal level, I have another 3 plants going on my balcony, all getting quite big and tricky to control, and I also got 5 chickens which is fun looking after and getting eggs knowing what they're eating.

On a macro level I remained stunned and concerned at the global shenanigans that are in play. It seems like a takeover is occurring to free speech and democracy.
Anyway, that Manuka honey have you ever given it a whirl? Good for colds it sounds like some intense natural antibiotic. Was trying to find anything on if it works well for cloning plants and if it works better than what I paid more for. I bought the cloning honey made locally but it's just regular local organic honey with the beuvaria basiana spores.
I really like the flavour of Manuka honey, it's quite unique. Some Manuka has more of that special compound than others, very expensive to get the high percentage stuff. Supposed to be great for one's stomach but I really don't know. I got a bad burn once that I treated with normal honey, my wife said she thought it would be scarred forever, but after the honey treatment all new skin grew and no sign of the burn remains.
I want to make a bunch of oil to crash into thca crsytals as that over a rosin is my preffered concentrste in the terpence sauce something about smoking that glassy crsytal lol 😂
I also would like to make some concentrates. But I can't easily get high strength alcohol here, and I am wary about messing around with inflammables in case it blows up in my face. I think the ideal would be a rosin press, and then dissolve the rosin in some alcohol to make a tincture maybe, or just dissolve it in oil. But I don't have a rosin press currently so it is just a thought.

some alcohol to make a tincture maybe, or just dissolve it in oil. But I don't have a rosin press currently so it is just a thought.
Hey Strunger!! I was fiddling around with tincture and I found alcohol was too strong and burned but I found vegetable glycerin was pretty nice. I've never used it for infusing but I can't see why it would not work.

Hey Strunger!! I was fiddling around with tincture and I found alcohol was too strong and burned but I found vegetable glycerin was pretty nice. I've never used it for infusing but I can't see why it would not work.
Hey GJ, That sounds good to infuse with, but if using buds then I guess it would be similar to oil, it puts me off a bit to be swallowing spoons of oil or glycerin all day just to get my required dose.

If I had easy access to high strength alcohol, I could simply use infuse buds in it and evaporate off the alcohol to obtain a nice potent tar. Or alternatively, getting a rosin press to make the concentrate straight from the buds. Cheers!

I'm loving the side conversation we have going here I had to get it all on the table taking an RSO capsule my friend Mr.Pipe420 hand made. He used vegetable oil to help make the tar after the evap so it was more easy to work with.
I feel a good way would be to be in a warm room using a thick syringe or just having the oil in a jar on a candle warmer to keep it moving especially in winter or colder areas.
Stunger, I didn't realize geographically where you are but that's interesting the seasons are slightly off and backwards I think I remember you saying this that when its summer here it's like your guy's winter there. So much for geography lessons 😂
Well back on concentrates, I been smoking this other stuff from the local reservations where the native American tribes live.. and well its almost lawless turf but not white man's land so they dont like to see us in there woods mudding not that I would do that but have heard a story that sounded pretty scary.. my friend was and their tire blew and they couldn't get much service and the people who came to tow it out took a couple hours and they were getting the stare down from the locals and getting shaken down a little it sounded like.
Kind of funny to be honest to hear even though you can hear the terror in the kids voice telling the story how they were stuck there in territory they shouldn't have been.
Well back on subject their grape jolly batter is good and today I'm starting with runtz and some distillate they had good prices and I was low on what I had but did the RSO and doubled down on the dab and am smoking some SFV OG x double dawg from my friend Mr.Pipe and it's quite nice the orange profile that it has more of the lemon chem when you smoke it now that it's dried a few weeks. Had a few beans like 4 generations after the blue cheese hermaphroditing it went on a lemon amnesia kush from the same company and I have some lemon am still going, about to retire because it's just not that jungle fruit everyone is after. But they even eventually hermed and were nice flowers the ones who were girls but there was somehow a male who opened before the girls got that far and it went to an apple dumpling and that was fire no issues with her so we were then hoping the bug would be worked out of these apple cheese Danish we were gonna call them.. nope! Them girls.. good as they smelled and looked squeezed some nanners out and those sire are the result of a good crop of a couple pounds covered in pollen and seeded. So I am going to be careful with these seeds here but they do look nice just for now.. its sad really we didn't think it would but it did.. like early on too thats the scary thing so on that note we have to be very patient with working things out if they don't want to and are so spontaneous and not stable to be having around a room of girls. Can make a lot of hash now at least and as for the thousand seeds ugh to waste he is not fond of starting any of them. I agree myself 😂 I was thinking just scattering them things around lol but you can get in trouble for that the environmental agency and what not do not appreciate it because it is invasive could you imagine all the herm plants living wild and free.. there is ditch weed out in the west from the farms and hippies who have scattered it around they say.. its never anything like you would get top shelf but there could be some beauts free birding.
For the most part to the best of my knowledge a lot of what main stream gets is from a select breeder who somehow had something a tribe somewhere has been keeping for years. It's interesting to see all the different land races the world has to offer. That especislly is a couple words the ag departmet does not want to hear in your genes you have used a land race to begin your project. Thats a big no to start the report with or even mention in the report or story about your special strain. The funny thing is it's all derived from the same thing of a landrace somehow originating wherever you just say like the area and kush or haze relative to its idica or sativa dominance instead of putting yourself on the chopping block.
For the reason land race is considered invasive, that is something I have recently learned.
How about the ugly Christmas sweater Bic though I seen it was like now that's something you don't see everyday gotta love it I like the aliens the most on it the spaceship is cool
greenjeans I feel the same way with the alcohol it burns especially high strength I was mixing it with juice when I was medicating with it when I hurt my eye the pain was bad my eye is still funny from it 2 yrs ago.. can't rub it when its closed.. the tear duct gets irritated but that tincture helped tremendously!
I'm seeing to collect a bho you can use some ethanol which is grain alcohol 190 proof from the liquor store.. well here at least it's very dry to drink straight and will hurt you arent supposed to drink it straight.
But to collect bho you can add that and then slowly purge it out with the butane and have really nice quality sauce if you start with a fresh frozen quality flower expect a very good return.. the magic is using the ethanol to seperate any lipids and fats in a cold separation filtering them out and you can mix into coconut oil or honey for balms or salves or use it with an ointment to boost it. But being left with nothing that will be harsh when you smoke it in the final result after purging I see they call for a very cold crash of the thca which is what the main crystal is live on the plant in an acid form check Google some of the thca crystals people are making is insane they're chunky things.
But a few buds we split an ounce of diamonds in terp sauce and they were out of this world and lasted quite a while so well worth it. But an ounce turns out to be like 1000$ or more or less but depending on the quality is what makes it..
But with anywhere from 15 to 18% return on bho vs pressing bubble hash which is 3% pressed to 70%.. cleaner and solventless. Bho, yes sketchy with or without a closed loop, definitely have to take safety measures into effect.
I know this kid who was blasting in his house and would purge right there too.. they had their rules but somehow the sock on the rug static electricity made a spark and as the kid was blasting the tane he got a blast he wo t forget. Burned pretty bad not life changing but a reminder to be very very careful.
People are against closed loop for the reason that you are then storing butane. Well if that is the case then you are okay with going through case after case and filling the landfill with empty cans. I would just get a nice closed loop unit use some ethanol and discard the butane after running the plant material. Yes very sketchy, to keep it in the canister for long term it is not the smartest thing to do maybe get a device to refill the canisters and put them back in the box I don't know that would be cool in a perfect world.. but to reclaim the alcohol on another device and purge the oil is important especially doing bho.. and some people even use propane like woah.. I guess if it was odorless that's different but I have even heard of oxygen extraction which sounds super sketchy itself but oxygen needs something else to combust I think acetylene gas has to be incorporated. Or some dummy using canned oxygen and ethanol that might do it.
Definitely helps to be sure on what your doing though.
I see you can make ethanol washes but it has to be very cold. And to crash the thca crystals in a bho ethanol mixture it has to be like neg 80 Fahrenheit which is like a cryo freezer.. which I feel isn't necessary but if it takes 2 or 3 weeks off the poor man's trick to making diamonds in sauce.. its basically washed material and purged of the ethanol slowly on a candle warmer in a closed jar opened everyday and stirred just slightly once around the collection.
I will give that a try first before I go getting any fancy terminator looking contraptions.
I think I can put the magical butter machine in a freezer and run it in there no temp setting on tincture mode which is I think set to 8 hrs or supposed to be set to 8 hrs. Either way in the cold freezer I wonder if it will work that is pushing the magical butter machine to a new degree.
But would be cool to see if it can be done.. I think that sounds tricky having to run a cord into the freezer. But to have everything running super cold.
The next step I would think is to re run the same material in another wash to collect what didn't go from the first straining.
Then using a clear jar putting the liquid under some light from the grow lamps to break down the chlorophyll that may present itself.
Leaving a nice golden broth to winterize and seperate those lipids or fats. This final goop then purged to maybe collect 95% reclaimed alcohol to leave 1-3% to crash the diamonds in this sauce slowly over the course of a month on a heat source stirred lightly once a day, giving time for the ethanol to evaporate slowly and the pressure from the heat forcing the thca to no choice but crystallize.
Final final purges I would imagine cold purging to avoid melting the diamonds and maybe even with heat low and slow at like 180 in an oven.

I realize I'm a bit off topic and need to refrain back to the outdoor purple diesel and the orange chem cake to greasey grapes. I'm looking forward to running a class of the purple diesels to the orange grape that will ne interesting but to run orange grape solo and the purple diesel solo I do like the one I have it is nice I would say at least a 20% thc plant
A lot of seed on purple diesel I am totally OK with that still have her plain whixhmg is good

20221115_230730.jpg

20221115_225142.jpg

20221115_225037.jpg

20221017_215713.jpg

20221017_215654.jpg

20221017_191041.jpg

IMG_20221003_161406.jpg

IMG_20221003_161359.jpg

IMG_20221003_161319.jpg

IMG_20220927_140402.jpg

The orange chem cake × greasey grapes is a whole other level of flavor and the stone was nice and clear very cerebral but also nice mellow body buzz with it very nice earthy old school type of dank and zi love it so will be running a good little class of these by themselves.
The purple diesel I really like how Sue looks during flower the magenta purple when dry as seen in the bud shots about of the cured and trimmed buds they are nice looking buds but lost the bright magenta and turned more indigo deep purple. Side to side you csn see the differences in the orange grape plant vs. the p. Diesel love the color the orange grape takes on that goes everywhere throughout the plant as it nears maturity. The Diesel its interesting that it begins at the flower and stays on the flower where it purples. Trying to find the shot of the male orange grape with resin glands I was so surprised because it's something I never seen before only have heard of

20221017_190958.jpg

20221014_153158.jpg

20221014_153122.jpg

IMG_20221010_152729.jpg

IMG_20221010_152257.jpg

IMG_20221010_152248.jpg

Things get a little too out of hand without a plan really I have a picture of my runtz fast in a 10 gallon pot and had some pineapple upsidedown cake and blueberry cupcake running roots into her pot so I was like alright I'm gonna just repot her totally and gave her a new 13 gallon plastic pot, screened the bottom to keep the dirt in and shes been living on the shelf for a month to 2 months now needs to go on the floor and the omfg in the hydroponics system and the tall girl all can get flowered because they are ready for it. Grown to the lights gotta move things around so I will be at it in the mean time. I have some pictures of the clones and all I did was put the root plug into a 2" net pot and used a 2.5 gal aquarium with a lid and it worked really well keeping humidity in. So tons of babies to plant lol gonna be making a new room for them too but always staying busy.
Lost some plants here and there waiting too long to transplant and not getting them water in time. But theres 1 of the hacks I have made a mini greenhouse to clone with from a cake container normally tossed into garbage or recycling.
On the black shelf with the runtz fast in her 13 gal pot the girl to the right is a clone of Blue Dream.. pretty happy to have her still would like to do an exclusive run of her too will see how big I can get her first. But this omfg in the power grower, 50 cuts later still has 30 more to give she is a force of nature!

20230221_053655.jpg

20230221_053459.jpg

20230221_053404.jpg

20230221_053237.jpg

20230221_053107.jpg

Stunger NZ sounds like a nice place and is besutiful but that weather is insane huh? Was that December 25th? We had a really bad storm then too here the worst snow storm we've had a lot of people straight froze in place and the news didn't release the actual number but the coroner's was full and thats 50 what the public thinks is like 30 something but that's way off they ran out of room at the regular morgue. Sadly, it was predicted and the guy who's in charge of the highway shut down and what not was on vacation knowing a bad bad storm was on the way. Well, anyway that was half of it, the other half is that it was right before Christmas and everyone was at work for that Friday pay check and that was the other thing... sadly people need that money and it killed them too.

Back
Top Bottom