Outdoor Garden Jamaica 2016

Kingston

Hey Mon!! :cool: :welcome: to my Year-round grow. I recently moved to Jamaica where there is enough sun year-round and I have some space outside where I plan to grow some beautiful plants. I will be learning along the way as this will be my first year of growing, I will grow all organic. I got my seeds sent by a friend back home from Vision Seeds.

Now that I have given a little introduction, let me say a few things about the grow.

What strains am I growing? Silver Haze, New York Diesel & Jack Herrer
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? The SH and JH are sativa dominant (90/10 & 80/20) and the NY Diesel is a 50/50 mix.
Veg stage: I veg with an additional 6 hours of CFL light for about 2 months (18/6 cycle)
Flower stage: Still unknown, will also depend on what time of year and the type of strain.
Soil or Hydro? Soil
What kind of mix? 60% Lambert High Porosity mix, 20% Compost, 20% Soil from a garden store.
What type of pot? Germination in 1L pot, Veg stage in 4Gal pot and Flower stage in Soil
Indoor or outdoor? All outdoor with 6 hour of CFL additional light during veg stage.
Climate? Coldest night temp: 60F warmest day temp: 90F, Rainstorms between Okt - Feb, High Humidity, Alot of ocean wind.

I am starting the journal today on 20/2/2016 but I started germination proces in Oktober 2015. I made a few mistakes and caused some stress in the first few weeks/months. I will post a few pictures of the different set ups and different stages of the grow so far and will finish with their current status.

Thanks for taking the time and look at my journal and all suggestions/comments are more then welcome!

:Namaste:

I started inside thinking that it would be better for them in the early stages to grow 'protected' from the outside.
Veg_setup_Oktober_2015-2.jpg

I soon started to realise that the air, light and breeze are not the same in a room, from a fan or a fluorescent light as it is from mother nature. I still wanted the shelter from the rain so I put them outside under a shed.
Veg_setup_Oktober_2015_Outdoor.jpg

Then I moved them to a covered outside spot that received more sunlight.

And after that I just moved them onto the roof. I constructed a light above the plants to top up the 12 hour of sunlight to make it a 18/6 hour light cycle.

When I wanted to put them in the soil to flower I found out that our dogs are not really trained to not attack the soilmix, especially the compost seemed to appeal to them. So i started to put some poles in and put some hogwire around it. It is not finished yet but it is safe from the dogs.

Sugar Cane was growing in this bed before I moved them to somewhere else. I dug 2 feet deep and put a 2inch layer of compost that we had sitting in a barrel for a good year. I put another layer of dirt over it and then put a layer of manure and then filled it up with another feet of dirt. Before transplanting the plants in the ground I dug holes and filled up the side of the holes with the same mix that the plants were already in. this is the result.

They have been without the additional light for 10 days. And they were transplanted into the soil on the 17th. here are individual pictures of the plants:

Silver Haze 1 (germinated on 19/10/2015)

NY Diesel 1 (germinated on 19/10/2015)

NY Diesel 2 (germinated on 19/12/2015)

Jack Herer 1 (germinated on 19/10/2015)

Jack Herer 2 (germinated on 19/12/2015)

Jamaica no problem mon. This is going to be great. Welcome kingston. Jamaica is a beautiful country. I have been from Montego Bay to Negril. Great memories. Ill never forget riding in the taxi, it was crazy. Its good to see a nice tropical outdoor journal. You have selected some excellent strains to grow. I have never grown any of them but they are all on my bucket list. Subbed :passitleft:

:cool::passitleft:
Hey Mon? Whats good?
Been to Jamaica 3 times and the beauty of the island and folk makes me smile.
Sending you green vibes my friend.

Welcome kingston, I've never been to Jamaica. Do they smoke ganja there?? :rofl::rofl:

Looking forward to seeing this one bro.

:Namaste:

I'm up for it too!

Sent from my SM-T335 using 420

Can't wait to see what the outdoor plants will look like in a couple months. :popcorn: When is the harvest season in Jamaica?

Good question.
I am not sure, but what I see and read is that you can pretty much grow and harvest all year long. You do have rain/storm season where you have to deal with. Shortest day is 11 hours and longest 13,5. Coldest night would be around 60F. Rain season is kinda finish and started around October this year. As I said in the intro the plants had a few rough first weeks/months.

Looking good!! Are they flowering already?? Great strain choices, I have a Super Slver Haze

I hope to grow the Super Silver Haze sometime soon as well, great strain!!
Well I put them outside from 18/6 light to a normal daylight (12/12) 10 days ago. I see them starting to get more hairs on them since a few days.

Thank you for following my journal everybody :thanks:

I had certain branches tied down to create more space for the lower leaves, I cut them off today since I would like to let them grow however they want to and then see from there what I can improve on in future grows.

Here are a few updates from above the plants:

NY Diesel 1 (topped once and cropped)

Jack Herer 1 (topped once and cropped)

Jack Herer 2 (topped once)

NY Diesel (no manipulation)

Silver Haze (topped once and cropped)
[url='https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image36296.jpg']
[/url]

Hahaha, smoke, eat, drink, put it on their skin, all sorts of methods. You have a bruise or skin issue? Rub some ganja & overproof rum on it! Need to rinse your body? Drink some ganja tea or some ganja juice!

Welcome kingston, I've never been to Jamaica. Do they smoke ganja there?? :rofl::rofl:

Hahaha, smoke, eat, drink, put it on their skin, all sorts of methods. You have a bruise or skin issue? Rub some ganja & overproof rum on it! Need to rinse your body? Drink some ganja tea or some ganja juice!

Haha so that's a yes then lol!

Looking good so far bro...how long before harvest?

Everyday is a harvest day in Jamaica. You can grow all year round with no problems Mon...

Nice, seems like the perfect place to grow & enjoy. Whats their immigration policies like? Could be the place to re-locate to lol!

:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom