Ozzy's Soil Grow to DWC Flower Grow

Ok, I am freaking out now...

Haven't caught many more Gnats but there are 2 sticky cards covered in these tiny bugs, under my little microscope for checking trichromes they appear to look like a slug like figure!!
By eye they look like bits of dirt or dust but there was so many I thought I would investigate with the microscope...

What do gnat larvae look like? Is it possible that a Gnat layed larvae while stuck to the sticky card??
It is starting to worry me as I have never seen this before :(

image9477.jpg

Plants aren't looking the best after the Hydrogen Peroxide but new growth doesn't seem to be effected that much..
There are no Gnats flying around....
Will be getting the diatomaceous earth next week, that sounds like it will do the job..

Started training today, they look like crap because I am sought of super cropping them now so the branches will have more room and be sturdier...
Plus I need a compact grow this time round..

image9485.jpg
image9486.jpg

wow their coming alone pretty fast!

They would have been bigger but I have topped them a few times... They are under an led that only pulls 80w too!!
(48x3w reflector from topledgrowlight.com)

I want the 96x3w that pulls 170w which is nothing, be interesting to see what I could yield with 170w LOL

They would have been bigger but I have topped them a few times... They are under an led that only pulls 80w too!!
(48x3w reflector from topledgrowlight.com)

I want the 96x3w that pulls 170w which is nothing, be interesting to see what I could yield with 170w LOL

Depending post results on my current harvest I may try go up to 5w x 140 MARS 2 700W led. I could sell you mine at mates rates (from NSW) I am 6-7 Weeks away from harvesting so stay tuned.

I'm double posting this everywhere LOL
But I need to find out what the hell these things are...

Ok I have a question for anyone that has grown in soil..

I posted this on my Journal but no response, I had some issues with Fungus Gnats so I put out yellow sticky card traps.
A day or 2 after putting out the traps I had caught a few Gnats but there were also heaps of tiny specs all over the sticky card!!

Upon investigation with my microscope, they appear to look like a slug shaped (similar) body and head...

I can't find any information about this anywhere, do any of you know what these could be?

image9477.jpg
image9516.jpg

This is the microscope, did the best I could to get a clear pic of the
"Slug like figure"
image9517.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated :)

I'm surprised at the effect that super cropping has to lower branches!! (the squeeze and bending and breaking inner fibres method)
These pics are of the Super Delux, SC'd the 2 main stems and the new growth has exploded even under stress!!

image9521.jpg

And the side branches are growing out better after this as well...
image9522.jpg

The whole plant becomes as sturdy as a rock too!!

I think I found what these bugs are, anyone had Springtails before?
Looks similar but I can't see the underside..
There are different types but I haven't seen any pics that look exactly the same

This is Springtails at different stages of growth:
image9646.jpg

That's all that I can find that look anything like what I have..
I have caught thousands, the hydrogen peroxide just pissed them off..
Need a safe soil drench that will kill these bastards and not hurt my plants???

If they are Springtails they are supposed to be beneficial to soil but no way, there are too many and apparently breed by the 10,000's

After giving them a soil drench with Pyrethrum they were scaring me and seemed to be looking a bit sickly..

But now that potent smell is back in the leaves better than ever ;)

This is the Super Delux, so far I have been able to keep it short!! There are so many tips on such a small plant:
image9667.jpg

I will let them all grow out a bit more before topping again..

And I tried to get a shot of the crazy structure of the one I snapped but it's too thick at the moment,
This is the best I could do for a pic:
image9668.jpg

Coming along great ozzy. Been looking and the only way I can find to kill springtails is allowing your soil to become bone dry, they'll leave to find moisture and what's left should die. Only problem is they'll be back once you water again. They don't harm and will release nitrogen but too many may cause slow growth. They feed on dead roots but can feed on the fine root hairs.

Coming along great ozzy. Been looking and the only way I can find to kill springtails is allowing your soil to become bone dry, they'll leave to find moisture and what's left should die. Only problem is they'll be back once you water again. They don't harm and will release nitrogen but too many may cause slow growth. They feed on dead roots but can feed on the fine root hairs.

Yeah, I have read that too.. The only problem with that is they will migrate to areas around my place like sinks, drains and anywhere that there is moisture..
I thought I knocked them back with the pyrethrum, but I am still killing hundreds of these things a day by simply using insecticide on the tent floor with the circulation fan off and then wiping all of them up...

It's working but a pain in the ass

We read the same arrival or journal or whatever lol

Back
Top Bottom