Ozzy's Soil Grow to DWC Flower Grow

I had Springtails appear also on of my plants. I believe that means the soil is a healthy condition and a symbol of luck

Well the Springtails or whatever the hell they are, are now disappearing... None crawling or jumping around...
Maybe Pyrethrum works on the "aliens" LOL...
Time will tell..

Lexblaze, for some reason your've got me singing monty pythons, all ways look on the bright side of life...lol

Well I'm fed up lol...
This is an endless battle, just wiped up about 20,000 dead springtails off the floor....
LOL...

It appears that both H2o2 or Pyrethrum does nothing against Springtails..
The only way I seem to be killing them is pesticide on the tent floor and waiting for them to jump in it!!

I don't really like the thought of that because they can jump the pesticide back onto my plants.

How long you plan on veg for? Piss that soil off, repot and veg a few more weeks and flip. Get as much of the soil out of roots, be careful not silly, and you'll be fine. I see this as an endless battle until harvest otherwise. Peace

Was going to veg for 4 to 6 weeks depending on growth and the room I have and how many females I end up with..

I read about cinnamon for Gnats and things,
Wasn't sure if it would work for Springtails as well but I sprinkled cinnamon on the soil,
in the drip trays and on the floor of the tent....

Its like they have disappeared, this is almost a good 4 hours now with no movement!!
Cinnamon is really proving to be a good repellent, If that will trap them in the soil until it drys out enough and then give them a dose of kill lol....

I will try that before getting rid of the soil...

For sure man, if there's a cure, better than stressing the plants out at all. Seems obvious really cinnamon, even garlic. I've even heard people who take there plants outdoors during summer veg spray their pots with a garlic and chilli water. Your on track man, peace

Well my Food grade Diatomaceous Earth arrived today,

I may have gone overboard with the top dressing but who cares!!! This shit works!! No more bugs at all!! (That I can see lol)...
I have gotten rid of the sticky traps, cinnamon and pesticide from the corners of tent....

Not one bug on the floor!! Awesome!!
I am concerned about when I water, if the DE top dressing will go like cement and clag up?? Or dry back to a powder consistency??

The diatomaceous earth should go back to a powder like consistency when dry. For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Mosquito dunks can also be used as a soil drench for fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for fungus gnats and other soil insects.

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-203

Hey all, been so busy.. My babies have been neglected for a while...
I probably won't worry about this journal for a while as I just have no time, and the soil I'm using just isn't worth documenting..

I will be starting a new journal after I finish up this lot!!!

The new strains I will be working with are:
Bubblefuck (Alaskan Thunderfuck x Bubblegum) & Nice Chunk (G13/HP X B-Chunk).

:thumb:

Here's a shot of a stinky as male I'm keeping for some pollen!!
Maria Davies (California Indica x Orange Stormy Dream)
image10405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom