Perpetual Ghetto Dungeon - AKA The Snake Farm

I have harvested the last of the 6 THC Bomb girls grown from seed. I made some beans for the future. The yield was low but better than I expected after they were so neglected. My schedule has changed now and I will be able to care more for the grow. I will still be out of town a few days a week but I will be home some every week.

I only have 2 clones from THC Bomb girl #3 in flower now. I have been feeding them very heavy and they love it. I realize how hungry this strain is now. The first round was not only neglected but way underfed. I will be starting some Afghan beans this week.

thcb-01.jpg

thcb-seed1.jpg

thcb-seed2.jpg

thcb-clones.jpg

I hope everyone is doing well and I plan to catch up with your grows out here soon.

~GG

Thanks Shiggy! I have lots of cleanup and repairs to do in the snake farm. I just aquired needle and thread to sew up the busted flaps on my dilapidated tent. New bulbs for the veg table also. About to order new HPS bulbs as well.

The kid is still here but he has mooched all of his friends until they aren't coming around anymore..haha He has become a little more responsible and has been taking care of our dogs while the wife and I are out of town every weekend. He knows if I see any sign of anyone near the grow he is out on his ass.

Wish I'd caught your Journal earlier. From what I've read so far it looks like your grow was one heck of a ride. Turn out looks like it was worth all the effort though!

Hi Capt'n!

Thanks for stopping by, FloridaSunset. It was a rough grow. I was out of town for a week to ten days a few times so I was surprised they stayed alive and made the smoke they did. I have been trying to dial the grow back in the past year after a five year hiatus from growing. I have a more accommodating schedule now and have some baby Afghani plants popping up.

I need to see a Florida Sunset soon. I hope to be there one weekend next month. 30A FTW! :)

This pic was taken thursday night. I forgot to post it before I left for the weekend. I first started 6 free Afghani seeds and only 4 popped and came up. They are anout 7 days in the pic. I then started the other 4 seeds and 2 had popped up before I left town. Hoping for girls.

afg-01.jpg

I will be back home tuesday to check them.

Finally caught time for an update while I'm home. THis is my THC Bomb Clones in flower. I'm still having the dead leaf problem as I did the previous few grows. I was using about 75% Promix/25% FFOF one grow, 50/50 mix next grow and this grow is in 100% FFOF with just perlite added. The soil change hasn't made a difference. All grows were watered with tap water that had been treated in a reservior for a few days with ph balanced to 6.5. The only difference I can think of between these grows and past grows is using the AN nute trio instead of the FF trio.

At about 5-6 weeks the leaves start dying and get crispy. It starts with the large leaves on the top part of the plant and seems to slowly work its way down. They are under a 1000w HPS with the tops about 1 foot below the light. Heat is not a problem. It appears like I'm getting nute lock-out for some reason. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

THC Bomb - 6 Weeks Flower
thcb-012.jpg

thcb-021.jpg

Next round - I started 6 Afghani seeds and only 4 popped. A week later I started the other 4 seeds and only 3 of them popped. One that came up took a few days to lose his seed hat and is running behind the other two.
afg-011.jpg

afg-02.jpg

I will have to water them in good tonight before I leave town until Tuesday.

Send green vibes please :)

~GG

I have all the Afghani plants in 8" pots now. Raising the light daily. I believe I will top the 4 larger ones tomorrow before I go out of town for the weekend. I just fed the larger 4 for the first time and they loved it.

afg02.jpg

afg01.jpg

Wishing for girls!

This weeks update

I'm just about a week or so away from chopping the THC Bomb. Good thing since the leaves are starting to get wonky like my last couple of grows. I got a PPM meter in the mail today and I will check the runoff when I water tomorrow. In chatting with OldMedUser and others the consensus is I'm getting a build-up of salts. That makes sense since I have been using smaller pots and getting lazy when I water by not drenching them enough and never flushing. They still made some nice dense buds and have lots of red hairs now. I need to find a source for RO water.

The next round Afghani should be ready to flower by the time I chop the THC Bomb so I am correcting a lot of things in preparation for them. I gotta get my game back now that I have the time. I also bought new Hortilux Eye bulbs for the 600 and 1000 HPS lights. My current bulbs have about 3 years use on them. It was about time. :)

thcb11.jpg

thcb31.jpg

thcb22.jpg

Afghani Veggies

afg2.jpg

afg11.jpg

afg2a.jpg

afg2b.jpg

afg4.jpg

afg3.jpg

afg5.jpg

Time to get busy.

Looking very impressive Gg. Your thread on pollinating a single branch is ingenious what a great way to save some money on seeds.
It looks like you have a successful perpetual going on at last. I'm amazed the humidity doesn't get too high in the crawl space! Do you use any type of dehumidifier in your flowering tent? And I saw you drying your buds from what looks like some copper piping I feel like my crawl space/basement would be far too damp to flower in nonetheless dry buds in but obviously you are having great success at it! Congrats man keep up the hard work! Cheers!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using 420

Hi Shig and OD!

Welcome hydro, I'm slowly getting my game back I hope. The humidity in my crawlspace is never much different from the humidity outside. Being in the south that can get high. It usually stays about 50-70% in summer, sometimes spiking to 80+. I bought and ran a dehumidifier for a while. It removed a few gallons a days in summer but it generated heat and made my temps rise 5d+(F) for the whole area. I do better without it. I only hang plants under the house for photo op and staging to be taken upstairs and trimmed.

I'm out of town until Tuesday and raised the veg light to about 5 inches above the tops of the Afghanis. Hoping that is high enough as they are coming on strong.

Grow Update:

I chopped and trimmed one of the THC Bomb girls tonight and the other will come down for trim tomorrow.

The Afghanis are kicking it. The two that were FIM'd kept getting taller fast so I tied them over. One girl confirmed tonight! :allgood:

thcb02.jpg

thcb-trimmed.jpg

afg011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom