Pest Pest Spider Mite

Taylored

Please help.
I have noticed in my tent white dots over the top of the leaves and the mites on the under side they have a white head with black body and I have noticed webs just wondering if I need to get rid of all the plants or is there a way to kill them?

Please help.
I have noticed in my tent white dots over the top of the leaves and the mites on the under side they have a white head with black body and I have noticed webs just wondering if I need to get rid of all the plants or is there a way to kill them?
Oh no. Neem oil and soap is a starting point. Depending on how bad it is you might be better off getting rid of the plants. Do you have any replacement girls that are healthy. They can be a bitch to get rid of.

Definitely sounds like the typical Spider Mite problem. And it does seem to still be in the problem stage and not a major infestation. As far as I can tell taking care of a Spider Mite problem is easier than taking on Russett or Broad Mites.

There is no reason to have to throw the plants away since there is a good chance that you will be faced with the same thing again with the next grow. Take the opportunity to read up on how to treat the problem and what to use. Mites can be killed by a spray solution. The problem is that the eggs are not killed and will start to hatch within 3 days of the spray which means more mites laying eggs very soon after. You have to break the cycle and that takes dedication to a schedule.

My method is to spray with a Neem oil & water mix. Not everyone likes using Neem oil. They complain about the smell but to me it just smells like Neem oil. There are other products that can be used. Neem oil is not recommended for plants which will be harvested in two weeks or sooner. Some of the other products claim that they can be used up to the day before and they probably can be used like that without a problem. Neem oil seems to be the least expensive way to take care of the problem.

My spray programs involves each plant getting sprayed on the underside of all the leaves until the water mix is dripping like after a rain storm. Then I spray the top side of the leaves until it drips. This has to be done once a day for at least 3 days. Then take a short break and spray every 3rd day for 3 times. By now you are 12 days into the program. You should now be able to go for 5 to 7 days before the next spray. At that point you should have reduced the mite population enough to just have to spray once a week. Some growers will recommend spraying the surface of the natural soil or hydro style soil mix you are growing in. I felt that the spray mix dripping off the plants was just as good.

Use up everything you have mixed up for each spray session. Use that to spray the zippers on the tent, the flaps that cover any ports in the tent walls, the corners of the tent, just use up the spray mixture.

Remember that you will have to spray once a week or the mites will return. Each time a mite population gets large enough that the grower notices those spots on the leaf, sees the webs and can see a few of them on a leaf the plants have become weakened enough that the quantity and quality of the harvest has dropped. Most dedicated growers I have talked to or heard about just figure that a spray once a week is nothing more than an easy way to avoid a problem a month or two down the road. If you feel that the problem has been solved you might be right but why take a chance.

Have a great day.

Definitely sounds like the typical Spider Mite problem. And it does seem to still be in the problem stage and not a major infestation. As far as I can tell taking care of a Spider Mite problem is easier than taking on Russett or Broad Mites.

There is no reason to have to throw the plants away since there is a good chance that you will be faced with the same thing again with the next grow. Take the opportunity to read up on how to treat the problem and what to use. Mites can be killed by a spray solution. The problem is that the eggs are not killed and will start to hatch within 3 days of the spray which means more mites laying eggs very soon after. You have to break the cycle and that takes dedication to a schedule.

My method is to spray with a Neem oil & water mix. Not everyone likes using Neem oil. They complain about the smell but to me it just smells like Neem oil. There are other products that can be used. Neem oil is not recommended for plants which will be harvested in two weeks or sooner. Some of the other products claim that they can be used up to the day before and they probably can be used like that without a problem. Neem oil seems to be the least expensive way to take care of the problem.

My spray programs involves each plant getting sprayed on the underside of all the leaves until the water mix is dripping like after a rain storm. Then I spray the top side of the leaves until it drips. This has to be done once a day for at least 3 days. Then take a short break and spray every 3rd day for 3 times. By now you are 12 days into the program. You should now be able to go for 5 to 7 days before the next spray. At that point you should have reduced the mite population enough to just have to spray once a week. Some growers will recommend spraying the surface of the natural soil or hydro style soil mix you are growing in. I felt that the spray mix dripping off the plants was just as good.

Use up everything you have mixed up for each spray session. Use that to spray the zippers on the tent, the flaps that cover any ports in the tent walls, the corners of the tent, just use up the spray mixture.

Remember that you will have to spray once a week or the mites will return. Each time a mite population gets large enough that the grower notices those spots on the leaf, sees the webs and can see a few of them on a leaf the plants have become weakened enough that the quantity and quality of the harvest has dropped. Most dedicated growers I have talked to or heard about just figure that a spray once a week is nothing more than an easy way to avoid a problem a month or two down the road. If you feel that the problem has been solved you might be right but why take a chance.

Have a great day.
Thank you for that I was not a good feeling

Have a great day.
Thank you for that it was not a good feeling seeing them on the girl's and the thought of getting rid of all of them was gutting. Should the spray be done at any time or when lights out?

Thank you for that I was not a good feeling

Thank you for that it was not a good feeling seeing them on the girl's and the thought of getting rid of all of them was gutting. Should the spray be done at any time or when lights out?
Those sprays are better applied just before lights out. Don't want those lights burning into your girls.

Please help.
Look up AgroMagen. I've tried EVERYTHING, but this seemed to work the best for me. It's non toxic and works. Use the Neem in the soil. That stuff is messy.
In my experience it will have them cleared out in 3 treatments, then you keep up the preventative spray.

if it's past two weeks there isn't much to do but ride it out. most treatment options will leave chemical traces that will either poison the bud or taint it past use. the half-life of most chemicals rules them out.

you might be able to get a treatment or two with neem in, but that would be it. and it stands a great chance of flavouring the bud something awful.

reach out to @Sierra Natural Science to see if they have a treatment option, suitable for flower.

whatever happens i would recommend a bud wash at harvest if you get there.

if it's past two weeks there isn't much to do but ride it out. most treatment options will leave chemical traces that will either poison the bud or taint it past use. the half-life of most chemicals rules them out.

you might be able to get a treatment or two with neem in, but that would be it. and it stands a great chance of flavouring the bud something awful.

reach out to @Sierra Natural Science to see if they have a treatment option, suitable for flower.

whatever happens i would recommend a bud wash at harvest if you get there.
Thank you for your help when you say bud wash how is this done?

Check out my write up in my signature.
It combines the 2 processes that I have found to work best.

Back
Top Bottom