Pesticides

Kj98

420 Member
Was wondering the pros thoughts on organisheild, and lost coast plant therapy, I’m early into flower with autos, with a small spider mite problem.

i think sns might be ok. dunno about those. @Emilya Green has the scoop on the sns.

edit : maybe try orange oil in the little essential oil bottle. a few drops in a spray bottle. @cbdhemp808 has used it. maybe he'll chime in.

Howdy @Kj98 and welcome to the forum!

I'm an all-natural, DIY kinda guy :). For bugs I use 2 things:

1) For plants in veg I use a neem oil spray: 1 tbsp pure neem oil (organic if you can find), 1 tbsp of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, in 1/2 gallon of water in the pump sprayer. Shake well. OPTIONAL: Add 6 drops of pure food grade limonene or orange essential oil. For extra killing power.

2) For plants in flower (w/ buds) I use limonene spray: 6 drops pure food grade limonene or orange essential oil, 6 drops Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, in 1/2 gallon of pure water in the pump sprayer. Shake well.

A word about limonene... it's a potent insecticide, but non-toxic to humans and animals (in small amounts, of course). Limonene is derived from orange peels. Orange essential oil is something like 75-97% limonene. Limonene is one of the primary cannabis terpenes.

dunno brand names but in US, health food places like Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe have essential oils in stock. Essential oils are merely plant extracts, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, orange oil, lemon grass oil etc there are a plethora of options.

Think we may have a sponsor that sells cannabis terps too like limonene if that’s what you are looking for but essential oils are key ingredients for effective but low toxicity (to humans & pets) pest control as cbdhemp808 mentions.

Where does one buy limonene? I'm sure I can Google it and find something, but I don't know what brands R good and which ones to avoid. Any help is appreciated.
The least expensive I have found is NOW FOODS orange essential oil. If you want pure 100% limonene, what I bought comes from the company, True Terpenes. Both of these come in glass bottles, which is what you want. Limonene in plastic bottles is no good because nasty chemicals from the plastic leach into the limonene.

Howdy @Kj98 and welcome to the forum!

I'm an all-natural, DIY kinda guy :). For bugs I use 2 things:

1) For plants in veg I use a neem oil spray: 1 tbsp pure neem oil (organic if you can find), 1 tbsp of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, in 1/2 gallon of water in the pump sprayer. Shake well. OPTIONAL: Add 6 drops of pure food grade limonene or orange essential oil. For extra killing power.

2) For plants in flower (w/ buds) I use limonene spray: 6 drops pure food grade limonene or orange essential oil, 6 drops Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, in 1/2 gallon of pure water in the pump sprayer. Shake well.

A word about limonene... it's a potent insecticide, but non-toxic to humans and animals (in small amounts, of course). Limonene is derived from orange peels. Orange essential oil is something like 75-97% limonene. Limonene is one of the primary cannabis terpenes.
Lotta interesting stuff, thanks dude!

Where does one buy limonene? I'm sure I can Google it and find something, but I don't know what brands R good and which ones to avoid. Any help is appreciated.

Thanx... :smokin:
I’ve bought Peppermint oil @ that green drug store and Doc Bonner’s peppermint soap too. CL🍀

dunno brand names but in US, health food places like Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe have essential oils in stock. Essential oils are merely plant extracts, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, orange oil, lemon grass oil etc there are a plethora of options.

Think we may have a sponsor that sells cannabis terps too like limonene if that’s what you are looking for but essential oils are key ingredients for effective but low toxicity (to humans & pets) pest control as cbdhemp808 mentions.
The least expensive I have found is NOW FOODS orange essential oil. If you want pure 100% limonene, what I bought comes from the company, True Terpenes. Both of these come in glass bottles, which is what you want. Limonene in plastic bottles is no good because nasty chemicals from the plastic leach into the limonene.
I’ve bought Peppermint oil @ that green drug store and Doc Bonner’s peppermint soap too. CL🍀
Thank you all so much... I'm marking this down right now.

Good stuff here! :smokin:

I say six drops as a safe baseline. You can possibly go more, and equal number of drops of the soap. But be careful because limonene will burn the leaves if the concentration is too high.

Back
Top Bottom