Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

Just put the liner up as high as the drain hole would be. No need to put in a hole and screen if the material allows water to drain. Not the rubberized part. I might like to try ebb and flow with non rubberized buckets. Need to read up on ebb and flow. I like moving water, know what I mean? Just like something going on.

WJ

For sure bro. When I get back from my trip I'll be making more pots. Putting a waterproof liner in the pot sounds like a good idea.

Alright, so I just watered my girls today. Temps in my area ran up to 98 today so they looked a little thirsty judging by the soil.

Tested the pH of my run off on my problem plant. I got a 5.8 pH. Is this low or high? What should I do?

I tested my other plants run off and got a 5.4 shes looks healthy but still has the issue with the clawing.

I wasn't able to get enough run off with my other plant without over watering her. Given that my soil has time release ferts but she seems to be the most healthy out of the 3.

Thanks

Haha that cracked me up! NO sir, its grinded skunk mixed with iso extract! some serious highness.

IDK about other areas but over here they call that honey bud from the way that looks. Definitely fire, I once smoked a gram straight with a buddy of mines and I was literally stuck on the floor. lol

Seems like if you're getting that runoff pH, then the pH of your soil must be really low. Stumped will have to help you with that cause I'm not a soil guy, so I don't know what to add or how to correct it unfortunately.

kalala.JPG

Alright, so I just watered my girls today. Temps in my area ran up to 98 today so they looked a little thirsty judging by the soil.

Tested the pH of my run off on my problem plant. I got a 5.8 pH. Is this low or high? What should I do?

I tested my other plants run off and got a 5.4 shes looks healthy but still has the issue with the clawing.

I wasn't able to get enough run off with my other plant without over watering her. Given that my soil has time release ferts but she seems to be the most healthy out of the 3.

Thanks

Runoff pH should be between 5.5 and 5.8.

Clawing means too much nitrogen

Water plants till 10% runoff and u can't over water, just don't water again till pot is light.

Time release soil? Oh no. Miracle grow?

Just put the liner up as high as the drain hole would be. No need to put in a hole and screen if the material allows water to drain. Not the rubberized part. I might like to try ebb and flow with non rubberized buckets. Need to read up on ebb and flow. I like moving water, know what I mean? Just like something going on.

WJ

Yup I know what ebb n flow is. That's more of a hybrid ebb n flow like the company that's sponsors light addict.
I'll let ya know once I'm back and figure out what sizes u want.

Water plants till 10% runoff and u can't over water, just don't water again till pot is light.

Now I know one good reason why MG is not good. Its really hard to treat deficiencies etc due to the time release nutes.

Sadly yes lol. I'm still a noob. I guess you can say when I found bagseed in an OG kush mix I was too eager to grow lol but I have heard good and bad review on MG soil. Totally investing in some good soil and nutes grow. Its MG Moisture Control btw. Anyways, so my ph is pretty normal you would say?

About to post some photos. The plant having an issue is close to being done I think.

Now I know one good reason why MG is not good. Its really hard to treat deficiencies etc due to the time release nutes.

Sadly yes lol. I'm still a noob. I guess you can say when I found bagseed in an OG kush mix I was too eager to grow lol but I have heard good and bad review on MG soil. Totally investing in some good soil and nutes grow. Its MG Moisture Control btw. Anyways, so my ph is pretty normal you would say?

About to post some photos. The plant having an issue is close to being done I think.

The posts u find saying mg soil is good, the people have no idea what they are talking about lol. Yea your right its impossible to treat defs, unless you know exactly what's missing and have that exact raw element. Damn near impossible. Mg can also burn your plants if u try to feed them fertilizer.

Your pH is fine. Feed at 6.5-7 runoff 5.5 to 5.8 if its off a point or two don't panic. Just adjust next watering with higher or lower ph.

We all been there doing noob things. I've never use mg soil. But I used there fertilizer before.

Are u feeding or just giving pH adjusted water?

U don't need a second hole, just make the exhaust hole bigger and or put a bigger fan in it. Placement should be top, as high as u can get it.

When u flip to 12/12 the dark period has to be completely dark, so do a light leak check. If u can see light on the outside, chances are the plants can see light outside.

12/12 from seed is pretty much your only option with such low head space.

Cheers

Got my thermometers today, will test the cabinet soon.

So if I go 12/12 from the very start the dark has to be absolute just like if you flip to 12/12?

Just giving her straight up tap water pHed at 7.0. Could that be why?

In regards to the problem that I am having I was once suggested to use clearex and then start feeding. But I dont want to risk it and end up burning my plants

Nah that wouldn't cause clawing. Likely just too much nitrogen in the mg mix. Water is all u can do. Good call on not flushing then feeding. Clearx will dissolve salt build up. But mg time release isn't exactly in salt form, its coated in something that makes it dissolve slow. Clearx is just fancy sugar water with stabilization substance in it.

Post some pics tomorrow, well have a look. Your already in flower so not much can be done, without turning the plant Hermie possabably. If u test the TDs before watering and then after watering test the runoff. Let it settle so the sediment don't give a false reading.

Got my thermometers today, will test the cabinet soon.

So if I go 12/12 from the very start the dark has to be absolute just like if you flip to 12/12?

Has to be as dark as dark. No leaks. Just air. Might need to make a baffle to keep like out exhaust and intake. I've hermied plants with the slightest of light leaks. Also if u check on plants during dark. Do it within 30 min of lights on or off.

Off to bed. This thread is getting confusing lol, I don't mind it just gotta read back and make sure if I'm helping the right person with right issue.

Nah that wouldn't cause clawing. Likely just too much nitrogen in the mg mix. Water is all u can do. Good call on not flushing then feeding. Clearx will dissolve salt build up. But mg time release isn't exactly in salt form, its coated in something that makes it dissolve slow. Clearx is just fancy sugar water with stabilization substance in it.

Post some pics tomorrow, well have a look. Your already in flower so not much can be done, without turning the plant Hermie possabably. If u test the TDs before watering and then after watering test the runoff. Let it settle so the sediment don't give a false reading.

Maybe i should try watering very lightly.

My plants were obviously a bit to close for this ghetto ass grow box lol buut Tomorrow my grow tent should be arriving :cheer: and I plan to add 2 or 4x23w 2700k CFLS. Might as well make the most of the time I have left. One of the plants is probably going to be ready for the cut real soon.

Heres a bunch of photos tell me what you guys think. One is clearly getting to much N look at how she curled down

20140828_200324.jpg
20140828_200107_0_.jpg
20140828_200107.jpg
20140828_200016.jpg
20140828_195947.jpg
20140828_195859.jpg
20140828_1958241.jpg
20140828_1956091.jpg
20140828_1956041.jpg
20140828_1955541.jpg
20140828_1955401.jpg
20140826_2014241.jpg

So, if I add more CFLs and I have maybe 2-4 weeks left. What do you think the yield will be. I have 3 in total.

Back
Top Bottom