Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

My water is the same pH all day every day, so as long as it says 8.6 I don't worry. Been using rain water last few days, and like it. Add my nutes and only have to use .25ml of pH down, which is perfect cause I'm almost out of it and new bottle ain't here yet

I've got a Voltcraft PH-100 ATC pH Meter, superb piece of kit & very accurate. Way cheaper & better than BlueLab

Lemon juice is great to use as a PH down if you run out :)

I'll have to remember that about the pH down. I need to make a book with all the bits and pieces of info I've picked up here. I think my pH pen is like yours. It doesn't have a brand name, it's just yellow and says pH on it. I think the case sticker says etekcity

Yours sounds like the ones of *bay I've seen. If it does the job for little money, happy days. I used to have a pen but my dog chewed it so I bought the Voltcraft. It's a meter with a wand which is really handy, I leave it in my bucket when I add ph down & stir. The meter stays at the side & easy to read. I find it's much better than the old pen I had

IMG_0002141.JPG

That's the part that turned me on dwc. Then temperatures screwed me lol. I know how to read water good ( I get paid to do it) and I've been doing it for years already with aquariums. Chillers though..... Fuckin expensive. Looking at building a small chiller out of peltier plates. I really would love to never buy soil or perlite ever again

i use a cheap ebay ppm/tds and its still reliabe after 1 calibrate.

EBay ones work great. Just need calibration fluid and check it weekly. Mine drifts off a few points in a week. I've owned 4 of them they all do it. Its the pH testing method in them. The more expensive ones use a different method of testing pH. Both glass probes, but different method.

It's all good, I ain't in no rush. I've got nothing but time, and am excited to get my C99 into them. Probably do my fast and vast in them first since they'll be planted about a week before pineapple chunk harvest. So no rush

EBay ones work great. Just need calibration fluid and check it weekly. Mine drifts off a few points in a week. I've owned 4 of them they all do it. Its the pH testing method in them. The more expensive ones use a different method of testing pH. Both glass probes, but different method.

see thats prolly my issue with the hempy/hydro growing, i really don't have the time to calibrate that often. :/ i wished i had more time to do so.

Back
Top Bottom