Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

Hey guys, Peyton sent me over to ask a question to the good people of the playground. I am having deficiency issues and need some help. I'm going to flush but my question is do i flush with tap water or RO water and if I flush with RO do I add the cal/mag?

Welcome.
Flushing means water with nothing in it, but pH adjustment solution.

What makes you think a flush is in order? Looks lacking nitrogen is all. Posable pH problem, but that can be corrected when dosing nitrogen.
What nutrients are you using.

Sorry dunno if u were looking for help or just answer the flushing question.

Cheers

Mag and cal usually ain't a problem in soil, lime and other shit in most potting soil got enough in it. Even with ro. Spotting and blotchy coloring usually has to do with pH. Witch usually is a problem in soil if not corrected before let get out of hand.

Like I said need a lot more info before I can say really.

What type of soil/amendment's
What type of nutes
What ppm of nutes
PH of feeding water
PH of runoff
Lighting

I should make a checklist would help this helping people thing. So many factors involved that can give and show different signs.

When it comes to diagnosis, I try to check the obvious first. Stuff that don't require adding nothing or taking anything. Most of the time soil growers cheap out and don't buy pH testers and ppm meeters and then they can't figure out what's going on.

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the help so far.
I am in roots organics soil and i'm using AN Iguana juice
Too be honest here, I haven't checked PPM or ph, do not have a meter. I suppose thats my problem

top218.JPG

full9.JPG

i need that eyequality-camera!

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the help so far.
I am in roots organics soil and i'm using AN Iguana juice
Too be honest here, I haven't checked PPM or ph, do not have a meter. I suppose thats my problem

Sounds like your on track, you just need a pH tester and ppm. You can buy liquid test pH kits for less then pens. If money is an issue.

Cheers

She smells awesome almost like a sweet fuel smell to her , I'm gonna clean my trimmers and go home for a nice taste test. No I just need my other 3 girls to finish out. If I could get the SB to finish filling she should have 5 times the weight they just seem stunted gonna top them off with water and maybe something great will happen over the weekend :wood::wood:

Cool. I'm hoping my SB will produce for me. Even if I get 2 or 3 ounces off her if happy as hell. Hoping to break half a pound in flower room this round. I know I will with pc

I should make a checklist would help this helping people thing. So many factors involved that can give and show different signs.

When it comes to diagnosis, I try to check the obvious first. Stuff that don't require adding nothing or taking anything. Most of the time soil growers cheap out and don't buy pH testers and ppm meeters and then they can't figure out what's going on.

Hi Stumped. Glad to officially meet you. :Namaste:I'll throw my RO question out there while you're on the topic since you seem be to the guy for this stuff.

First grow. I'm using FFOF soil and figured to use FF Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom to make it easy first go around but plan on getting more specific nutes or tea or something more specialized next grow. Whatever I can learn. I've been using RO water up until about 2-3 weeks ago until I read the same info that's being discussed here - when nutes are pulled from RO water and not added back. I don't think these three FF nutes have everything I need for me to use RO water but wasn't at 100% sure.

When I use RO its at 7 PPM every time and out of the hose its 280 PPM tops (before nutes) and always PH to 6.5 color on bottle (i don't have a digital ph like yours but soon) After I add nutes and PH balance its always under 800 PPM. I test soil run off and it pretty matches up with the same coloration as 6.5 (wow so i really need a digital ph tester i see lol). Also I before I stopped RO there were a few leaves here and there on all 6 plants (2-3 leaves tops and not whole branches) where they could have mistaken for nitrogen toxicity (super green, sagging and you can see a little claw action) but it was RO water and I did less recommend dosage of Grow Big which is the one with high nitrogen count.

What do you think? FF Trio nutes and RO water bad news? They seem to do just fine off of tap water and nutes but is there a whole world I'm missing by not wiping the slate clean and adding every single nute back manually? I want the tastiest buds for sure but not micro manage the nutes to the point it doesn't feel like a super fun hobby. I do plan on looking into other formulas as well if you have suggestions for a second grow. Thanks I know it's a lot.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom