Peyton's Holy Grail Kush - Flux - Hempy - Mars II 400

When my DWC nutes temps were high I had the bucket in a 6" tall tub half filled with water. I put two 1 gallon jugs of water frozen in the tub. It kept my temps down in the 60s. Helped to end the root slime too. Kept track of the nute temps with $3 digital aquarium thermometer. Same thing I use for the tomato reservoir outside. Side note, wife gave me a Coleman 120 quart cooler for my birthday. Almost finished putting it in as reservoir feeding 10 gallon reservoir. Going to be great. My tomatoes are drinking about 3 gallons a day. I'll get a couple extra days now. I can go up to the mountains for a couple days.

Alrighty, I couldn't find my razor blades, so I used my fingers and pulled n pinched stuff off. I took off the over/under node on hgk and topped the SB at third node. When she recovers a little and grows bigger leaves up top I'll strip off the lower two nodes. I'll take pictures tomorrow hopefully. Start working tomorrow, so time will get limited. But I'll try

Yeah I'm not too excited about it, but it's only a few hours a day so it can't be that bad. Plus no drug tests, so win win for me. My plants sleep from 2 to 8 pm, so I'm not missing out by working 5 to 9pm

You could use a break. Four hours ain't bad. There was a time I worked 18 hours straight and didn't even whine. It was my business. Wife made me sell it, it was killing me. Just try to have fun when you are doing it. Wife has to piss test. She can't even try what I grooooo. too bad. All for me.

I did have some root slime in my DWC grow. Took plant to kitchen sink and washed the stuff off the roots with sprayer. It was harsh but it cleaned the slime away. And some of the roots. Never had slime again. I tried H2O2 but it never really worked. But I kept using it 2 drops per nute change. That's why I decided to do hempy this time.
That's your problem with h2o2. 2 drops? U gotta use 2-5ml per gallon. Not drops. Sounded sketchy to me too but it works. I was adding 10ml a day in my dwc to raise o2 and fight root rot.

UV lights?
I got uvb lights, uv sterilization lights. For aquariums and when I use to breed chemelions I had the UVB lights.

I should do some research. I have these other lights I was thinking on using for veg. There called power-glo by hagen. I use them in all my aquariums and they grow them plants like crazy. They are 20,000k spectrum and put out uvb . yes twenty thousand Kelvin lol

I also have atinic bulbs for saltwater coral. I know those put out uv as some sort too. They grow corals lol a lot harder then pot to grow lol

To stay on topic. Marijuana is great!

Jim I wanna grow some hydro strawberries, you been doing hydro for awhile outdoors. How would I go about doing strawberries? Can I just do dwc without an air stone? Or do I need to build a rig like yours?

Good luck with work tomorrow Peyton!

No, you just need a piece of 3 or 4" pvc with an end cap. I use 4" because roots get thick. One 48 quart cooler, one air pump, one 396 GPH water pump and all the tubing and pvc elbows. The technique you need to use is NFT. Mind you, your tube can't be any higher than the head height on the pump.
I have harvested my lettuce and all but one of my Bak Choy and I was thinking about doing strawberries. Have to use "everbearing" strawberries. They will grow till first frost.

Not sure what type of strawberries the wife got. They send out runners, and to propagate ya just stick the runners in dirt.
I'll do some research and find out what type they are. I just wanna make a small setup to try it. I got everything I need then for a small setup.
I got no shortage of airpumps and water pumps. I Got an airpump that's 250 watt. Its not even rated in CI or gph. Rated in psi. Its the biggest pond pump ya can buy lol

So do I run the pump 24/7. Also what strength of nutes should I start with?

Not sure what type of strawberries the wife got. They send out runners, and to propagate ya just stick the runners in dirt.
I'll do some research and find out what type they are. I just wanna make a small setup to try it. I got everything I need then for a small setup.
I got no shortage of airpumps and water pumps. I Got an airpump that's 250 watt. Its not even rated in CI or gph. Rated in psi. Its the biggest pond pump ya can buy lol

So do I run the pump 24/7. Also what strength of nutes should I start with?

I'd just get a 3 or 4" x 10' PVC pipe and 1 elbow. and one cap. A 2" hole saw and some 2" net pots. Aerate the nutes and make ann L out of the PVC pipe and elbow. Short part is the return and goes into the reservoir with the Water pump. I run my air and water pump 24 hours a day. You'll have to google to find out what NPK strawberries prefer. That part I don't know. The ones that grow around here are wild. Remember you'll have to wash the dirt off the roots and put them in 2" net pots. I'd run 2 half inch poly tubes from pump to a hole in top of PVC pipe for the nutes. Some people use 1/4" from 1/2" like I do. Must have nute flow through the PVC pipe. They will really eat the nutes too. Too much info? Sorry. Medicated...

I'd just get a 3 or 4" x 10' PVC pipe and 1 elbow. and one cap. A 2" hole saw and some 2" net pots. Aerate the nutes and make ann L out of the PVC pipe and elbow. Short part is the return and goes into the reservoir with the Water pump. I run my air and water pump 24 hours a day. You'll have to google to find out what NPK strawberries prefer. That part I don't know. The ones that grow around here are wild. Remember you'll have to wash the dirt off the roots and put them in 2" net pots. I'd run 2 half inch poly tubes from pump to a hole in top of PVC pipe for the nutes. Some people use 1/4" from 1/2" like I do. Must have nute flow through the PVC pipe. They will really eat the nutes too. Too much info? Sorry. Medicated...

Perfect. Too much info? Nah just enough. I've transplanted soil to hydro a few times, only cannabis though lol
Gonna go build a small nft system this week. See I got all this dwc shit I wanna try. I got a 6 site dwc tub I made and I got 2 5gallon bucket tops with 6 inch net pots. 4 or 5 air pumps. Too much on the line to test in my growroom lol
We figured out what type of strawberries these are, I forget now lol the 3rd type hahahhahahha

I'm not going to waste my GH flora on it. Gonna use MG. Got loads of it we use anyways for the garden.

I don't start till this weekend, so that's cool. So I'll take pictures tonight when lights come on and I'll post them later tonight. Hgk is looking good, and strawberry blue might get stripped today if her leaves at top are big. Getting her ready for mainline. I need to drill more holes for proper hgk flux. Cleaned out a 5 gallon bucket for hgk next transplant. Got the 3 gallon ready for SB when time is right in a week or two

Yeah it's real simple and cheap to grow with. I like my grows to be as cheap as possible. 20 bucks per grow for perlite, 12 dollar bottle of nutes, and we're good to go. No overhead cost and so far problem free. No deficiencies, no bugs and no over watering

Back
Top Bottom