Peyton's Holy Grail Kush - Flux - Hempy - Mars II 400

Good Morning, who know's how to make a pc power supply work for a fan? I remember Stump talking about it in your other journal I think. Something about jumping wires.
On the 24 pin motherboard connector, take a paperclip and stick it in the green (only green wire there) and to any black(ground) and it will start the PSU and give you full wattage to the fans, not like cellphone adapters that will just run them under powered.
Cellphone adapters will run them, but I've yet to find a 5watt cell phone charger, usually rated in mW(milliwatt). Cheap PC fans are usually 3-5 watt. My cell charger is 800mw and my tablet charger is 2000mw (probably don't come bigger then that I've seen). Neither would run a PC fan full speed. Volts are only half the battle.

Also some fans you can boost by switching the wires on the molex connector. If the fan is wired up for 5v+ (red) you can swap to the 12v line.

If your unsure about jumping the PSU, goole "jumping computer power supply" should come up with some Google images to show ya what I mean..

I can tell I pulled it a little early. It's a cerebral high that is euphoric and mellows you out. Next time I'll leave them longer for the couchlock effect I like.

I got my scope today. Transplanted the SB into 3 gallon bucket. It's growing fast so it'll be fun to work with. HGK is still doing its thing. Pulled a few more fan leaves off here and there but nothing major

Hey Peyton, your FLux is looking good. Can't wait for the next pictures.
Update... I ordered some seeds and might try my hand at SOG just to get enough material for the paste/oil. Some real fast autos. 6 beans of Fast Bud #2, plan to SOG this one. I also one Barny's Sweet Tooth just to taste. Also got five more Fast and Vast, just to get the 7 free fem auto seeds. Should be here in about a week, I'll let you know. Now I think I have enough to experiment with different techniques. Like SOG, CS and crossbreeding. Exciting to me.
Hey Jim just so ya know, sog from seed is pretty hard if not impossible. Reason being is from seed plants take time to mature before entering flower, even the same strain you can guarantee none of the seeds grow at exactly the same rate. I've never seen a 12/12 from seed shorter then 18 inch unless grown in a solo cup or LST of some sort. most autos will get too big for sog.
Sog technique is having a sea of green, meaning tons of small plants. Packed tight in to take advantage of every square inch. I don't think there is a said height for sog. But surely any auto would be restricted if put into a true sog.

That's pretty sweet u got all them seeds coming man. Can't wait to see this auto sog.

Lsting and tying down would be closer to scrog then sog.

I can tell I pulled it a little early. It's a cerebral high that is euphoric and mellows you out. Next time I'll leave them longer for the couchlock effect I like.

Lol I'm the opposite. Last time I let mine get 30% and the shit made me so lazy nothing got done for 3 weeks basically lol. Today it was 20% amber I was shooting for 10%. But I forgot to check from Sunday till yesterday. Strange how the hairs on this strain stay 50% white unless I let trics 50% or more. THC is degraded or starting to at this point, and the weed smells like armpits lol seriously I let a few get over ripe once and the bag would make ya gag a bit if ya took a big sniff.

Hey Jim just so ya know, sog from seed is pretty hard if not impossible. Reason being is from seed plants take time to mature before entering flower, even the same strain you can guarantee none of the seeds grow at exactly the same rate. I've never seen a 12/12 from seed shorter then 18 inch unless grown in a solo cup or LST of some sort. most autos will get too big for sog.
Sog technique is having a sea of green, meaning tons of small plants. Packed tight in to take advantage of every square inch. I don't think there is a said height for sog. But surely any auto would be restricted if put into a true sog.

That's pretty sweet u got all them seeds coming man. Can't wait to see this auto sog.

Lsting and tying down would be closer to scrog then sog.

Thanks for the info Stumped. I need all the help I can get. The NLxBB is going strong. 5 Days old now. The Root Riot plug was full of roots so I put her in the perlite. Hempy Baby! Also fed her the first time. 20% Lucas - Micro and Bloom. Also using an enhancer. Can't remember the name. I've been looking into autos for information.
Here is what I have found out... 1. Harvest time is approximately from seed germination to time specified. Approximately that is. Some 10 week plants go 16 weeks as an example.

2. Whatever you start the plant(s) on lightwise, you stay with it. 18-6 to 20-4 seems to be best as what I have read.

3. When the seed producers say you get 400gm/m2 it is with the SOG technique. I have an idea that when you plant seeds in soil all at the same time you might get buds from all plants at pretty much the same time. I'll send an email the the guys I use and ask them.

I'm doing 20-4 with my new girl. She is under my new Topled 48x3 light. It just came today. I have only the Veg diodes burning now and in 2 -3 weeks when she goes into flowering I'll turn on the Bloom switch. And put her under the Mars II 700 watter. That will get her juices going, what do you think?

Stumped, you should get a nice Mars II 700 or 900 watt. I know you want to get into LED.

Thanks for the info Stumped. I need all the help I can get. The NLxBB is going strong. 5 Days old now. The Root Riot plug was full of roots so I put her in the perlite. Hempy Baby! Also fed her the first time. 20% Lucas - Micro and Bloom. Also using an enhancer. Can't remember the name. I've been looking into autos for information.
Here is what I have found out... 1. Harvest time is approximately from seed germination to time specified. Approximately that is. Some 10 week plants go 16 weeks as an example.

2. Whatever you start the plant(s) on lightwise, you stay with it. 18-6 to 20-4 seems to be best as what I have read.

3. When the seed producers say you get 400gm/m2 it is with the SOG technique. I have an idea that when you plant seeds in soil all at the same time you might get buds from all plants at pretty much the same time. I'll send an email the the guys I use and ask them.

I'm doing 20-4 with my new girl. She is under my new Topled 48x3 light. It just came today. I have only the Veg diodes burning now and in 2 -3 weeks when she goes into flowering I'll turn on the Bloom switch. And put her under the Mars II 700 watter. That will get her juices going, what do you think?

Stumped, you should get a nice Mars II 700 or 900 watt. I know you want to get into LED.

Someday I'll be able to afford the 700 or 900. Money is tight till I get back to work. Trying to make due with what I got. 1000w is killing me for power costs. Still saving money but not near as much as I could be with led, beating a dead horse trying to get ahead lol

Good you been researching, so many mixed answers to questions out there. All about finding what works for you. I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. 3 weeks and I'll know my answer I'm pretty sure. 3 plants left in flower. 2 under a scrog, one tied up LST. Whatever method harvests more. I'm sticking with.

Cheers jim.

Whatever you start the plant(s) on lightwise, you stay with it. 18-6 to 20-4 seems to be best as what I have read.
Have you read about GLR? I switched to using GLR and it worked very well for me + saves electricity quite a bit during veg. See:The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis

Well. here's the new girl. She is one week old. Autoflower Northern Lights x Big Bud by World of Seeds. Harvest is 50-55 days from seed germinating. It is World of Seeds most medicinal plant. Doing Hempy Bucket this time. For nutrients I have decided to go with GH FloraNova Grow and Bloom. Not Lucas this time. First feed 1/2 recommended in GH Simple Drain to Waste. 1/8 tsp Grow, 1/4 tsp GH Rapid Start. I will be using Liquid KoolBloom in a couple weeks when I see sex. I'm sure the roots aren't to the reservoir yet. So I will give her a little every day.

Here is where she grows. Real crappy tent. Too many light leaks. Mars II 700 Watt LED up high. 48x3 watt over the girl. I thought 700 watts might be too much this young.
IMG_043326.JPG

Here she is...
IMG_044125.JPG

Another view...
IMG_043023.JPG

I'll take some pics tomorrow, but they're both looking good. SB is coming along nice and fast for being topped and transplanted. HGK Flux is looking good. Some nodes are slow moving, but it's all good, the side branches are growing long

Haven't gotten those pics yet, but will later depending on work schedule. Gonna switch plants to glr tonight. Hear nothing but good things about it so gonna give it a try. Can't wait to play with plants and try some stuff out. And the pics of course. And I didn't water plants last night so the roots could do some searching.

Hey PM, looking forward to serving how this goes. I'm looking to try a hempy bucket with some aurora indica and maybe some plushberry. I'll be watching and learning!:popcorn:

Hey PM, looking forward to serving how this goes. I'm looking to try a hempy bucket with some aurora indica and maybe some plushberry. I'll be watching and learning!:popcorn:

Cool, welcome to the show. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Let me know when you start a journal so I can check out that hempy action. I went ahead today and already set my timers for glr.

Well. here's the new girl. She is one week old. Autoflower Northern Lights x Big Bud by World of Seeds. Harvest is 50-55 days from seed germinating. It is World of Seeds most medicinal plant. Doing Hempy Bucket this time. For nutrients I have decided to go with GH FloraNova Grow and Bloom. Not Lucas this time. First feed 1/2 recommended in GH Simple Drain to Waste. 1/8 tsp Grow, 1/4 tsp GH Rapid Start. I will be using Liquid KoolBloom in a couple weeks when I see sex. I'm sure the roots aren't to the reservoir yet. So I will give her a little every day.

Here is where she grows. Real crappy tent. Too many light leaks. Mars II 700 Watt LED up high. 48x3 watt over the girl. I thought 700 watts might be too much this young.
IMG_043326.JPG

Here she is...
IMG_044125.JPG

Another view...
IMG_043023.JPG

Nice man! Good call on holding off oin the 700 for now.
I got a tip for ya. Get that exhaust filter up high, hot air rises. Changed my room temp almost 10c when I switched my exhaust to top of the room.

Staying with floranova? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Worked well in the past for ya.

Do you remember the cbd% ?

Nice man! Good call on holding off oin the 700 for now.
I got a tip for ya. Get that exhaust filter up high, hot air rises. Changed my room temp almost 10c when I switched my exhaust to top of the room.

Staying with floranova? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Worked well in the past for ya.

Do you remember the cbd% ?
It just says high CBD. The following is from the ad for the seed. Note, it is not the complete ad.

Northern Light x Big Bud Autoflowering World of Seeds

Seed Breeder : World of Seeds
Genetic Origin : Northern Light Auto x Big Bud auto
Pack sizes : Available in packs of 1, 3, 7 & 12 Autoflowering Feminized seeds
Available Seed Types : 100% Autoflowering Feminized Cannabis Seeds
Flowering / Harvest time : Short at 50 to 55 days
Yield : Medium Yield
Height : Short
THC / CBD / CBN : High CBD

More strain info : Produces large and dense buds covered by a lot of resin crystals with very high medicinal value.

Yea I tried NL at the 98 Cannabis Cup. Also saw my first auto. Had my picture taken with it. Looks like a couple beer can buds. I'll PM it if you want to see it.
Thanks for the raise the filter idea. I raised it 28" and that is the maximum height because of the table. I think Governmentchz has something his filter and fan are on, it's made of pvc, that I like. I might make a copy this week. Got to get a ride to the Depot. As you can see, my tent is way too small.

Back
Top Bottom