Peyton's Sour Sky Hempy Grow 2014

A friend of mine made his own salsa and it's what makes me want to do my own, cause his was weak on the heat. Maybe I'll start a secret garden behind garage, until she hits it with lawnmower of course

Oh yeah, we love some jalapenos - we have all the goodies to make our own salsa at all times and it's amazing how good a home made salsa can be :)

Yum, you have a good salsa recipe? Give it up! :;):

Dice the following: 1/2 white onion, 2 tomatoes (large vine-ripened), 2 scallions, 2 fresh jalapenos (I don't remove all the seeds and pith as I like mine hot too..about half), and a bunch of fresh cilantro. Drop it all into a food processor with the juice of half a lime and pulse until desired consistency. I like mine right in the middle. Still some chunks but well blended. Add some salt & pepper to taste and put it in the fridge for an hour or so...voila!

I've been making my own salsa for 30 years and was shown by one of the Pulido brothers in San Antonio Texas how he made his. I liked it. You can always adjust this basic recipe too. If the people eating it like theirs a little more "American" you can add another tomato. A little hotter?, add another jalapeno. Do not underestimate the importance of cilantro and salt either. enjoy.

Dice the following: 1/2 white onion, 2 tomatoes (large vine-ripened), 2 scallions, 2 fresh jalapenos (I don't remove all the seeds and pith as I like mine hot too..about half), and a bunch of fresh cilantro. Drop it all into a food processor with the juice of half a lime and pulse until desired consistency. I like mine right in the middle. Still some chunks but well blended. Add some salt & pepper to taste and put it in the fridge for an hour or so...voila!

I've been making my own salsa for 30 years and was shown by one of the Pulido brothers in San Antonio Texas how he made his. I liked it. You can always adjust this basic recipe too. If the people eating it like theirs a little more "American" you can add another tomato. A little hotter?, add another jalapeno. Do not underestimate the importance of cilantro and salt either. enjoy.

That's a great recipe, simple but good. If you want more spice you can use Serrano chili's for more spice or even habaneros just be careful.

Mine is basically like Gov except I do not blend everything and I use habanero in my super hot version and use 3 jalapenos in my regular. I grow my own Onions, Scallions and Cilantro too so I find it best to use a couple of my younger onions, about mid way between a golf ball and a raquet ball in size. I dice them up very small - think McDonald's burger diced onion size or what you find in an authentic Mexican salsa. I chop up 2 of the jalapenos same way and then chop cilantro and scallions finely. The tomatoes, one of the jalapenos and lime(only thing store bought is lime) go into processor and get mixed with rest. When I do the super hot I only use about 1/8 to 1/4 of a habanero and that does the trick. Other than that all of the ratios that Gov uses are same as what I like.

Just got the okay to grow veggies, so now I can add that to my summer list. Mighty try and talk her into a greenhouse so I can do it all in one place... I need you guys to help me come up with a good reason/argument to get a greenhouse. Are they pricey?

And that HGK that got put into jiffy pellet yesterday had already broke ground! this one is moving quick, and I like that

Spring is finally warming up here, so I know my closet grow will get kicked out to garage soon. Hopefully after harvest, cause I can't move that plant. Gonna build a 3.5x3.5 foot box in garage. I know I need a better inline fan, but if I'm growing in garage, and only one plant, maybe two, do you think odor will be a problem? I know the C99 is supposed to be low odor...but not sure about the plants in my next order list

Yeah I live down a dead end road and my neighbors aren't outdoorsy kinda people. And the wind blows about a constant 20 plus mph through here, which is another reason I can't grow outdoors. But I think I'll be okay as long as I'm not growing a handful of super skunk smelling plants. My sour sky smells like super sour lemons if you touch it.

alright, time to stop being lazy. i have been topping her off lately, and she drinks 40 ounces of water each night now. one question i have is do plants start drinking more or less as they get closer to harvest? well, while i wait for an answer i'll give ya some more pics to look at. can never really have too many right?

GEDC0111050.JPG
GEDC011050.JPG
GEDC01050.JPG
GEDC005811.JPG
GEDC005711.JPG
GEDC005111.JPG
GEDC004711.JPG
GEDC004611.JPG

Sorry if some of those pics are old. Can't read datestamp on photos when trying to put them in post. HGK seed is doing well. I have it sitting in window today to soak up some real sun. Assisted it with shell removal today to let its cotyledons out. Jiffy pellet its in is still wet, so I get another day of no worries. Gonna mainline this one for 8 huge colas, and in another few weeks probably get another seed going since new room should be built

In my expereince as the plants get closer to harvest they stop drinking as much. I also believe that they prefer to be on the drier side as harvest approaches.
Cannabis plants drink the most during heavy plant growth. For example, during the stretch after the flip when you see the plants jump in height this is when they drink the most. Water is what allows the photosynthetic reaction in the plant to ocurr converting sun energy and CO2 into plant energy or Glucose. More glucose is needed during times of rapid growth. After the buds and calyxes swell most of the plant energy in the last few days goes solely into THC and resin production.

Thank you for the speedy response. I love soaking up all this info. I know I've been topping off the reservoir every day, but not sure if it's helping or hurting. They show no signs of problems, but wondering if it would do better if I watered every other day instead. This far along, I don't wanna try anything that can damage her or mess up harvest/yield

alright, time to stop being lazy. i have been topping her off lately, and she drinks 40 ounces of water each night now. one question i have is do plants start drinking more or less as they get closer to harvest? well, while i wait for an answer i'll give ya some more pics to look at. can never really have too many right?

GEDC0111050.JPG
GEDC011050.JPG
GEDC01050.JPG
GEDC005811.JPG
GEDC005711.JPG
GEDC005111.JPG
GEDC004711.JPG
GEDC004611.JPG

Good getting back on topic, Your Excellent Buds! :goodjob:

My buds seem to be drinking more now than ever. I topped off two days ago and I had to add 7.5 gal last night. This is just my experience in a single grow. I'm thinking if your on top of it and the plants thirsty that's a good thing, means they are growing and developing.

Thank you. Cool, always good to get a second opinion. I'll just stick to what I've been doing. I just wish the buds would start getting a lot bigger already. Hopefully only a couple more weeks and they should start to. I'll have to look at pics from last week and today to see any difference.

Back
Top Bottom