Phantom’s Soil Ginger Punch Auto Grow Journal

Just read through this whole journal, didn't even realize you had some outdoor soil plants! They look beautiful :yummy:

Assume you live in a friendly state being able to grow outside. A little jealous over here. I'll trade you, your heat for our humidity.

It's only supposed to be 99F today, but now at 8am it's already 90 outside. The big girl is going through 2-3 gal a day now while her little, more mature sister is barely drinking 1 gal every other day.

We're medical only here and can grow if we are more than 30 miles from a dispensary, of which I'm neither. I have a large lot with plenty of cover and distance between the neighbors and myself, plus a shade canopy that covers the area. I just wanted to see how outdoor plants would do during the summer heat here and try my hand at some autos. I don't intend on having much but 1-2 small plants, probably autos, outdoors.

It definitely takes a few years to even start to acclimate but I found its no different than dealing with the subzero temps of the North. Plan and dress appropriately for the conditions and limit your exposure time. The recent wildfires here have shut down the entire mountain and hiking trails until Nov. 1, coupled with the fact coronavirus has limited tourists, has saved some lives this summer. It is usually every other day a hiker is having to be rescued and about a death a week during the summer, mostly tourists unfamiliar with the extreme heat going on late morning/afternoon hikes.

It's only supposed to be 99F today, but now at 8am it's already 90 outside. The big girl is going through 2-3 gal a day now while her little, more mature sister is barely drinking 1 gal every other day.

We're medical only here and can grow if we are more than 30 miles from a dispensary, of which I'm neither. I have a large lot with plenty of cover and distance between the neighbors and myself, plus a shade canopy that covers the area. I just wanted to see how outdoor plants would do during the summer heat here and try my hand at some autos. I don't intend on having much but 1-2 small plants, probably autos, outdoors.

We live in a medical state as well but don't have any provisions for cultivation unfortunately. Not that we even have a card anyways :blunt:Never heard of anywhere doing that whole distance to a dispensary thing. That would be encouragement to live out in the sticks. We're only expected to see 92*f today but the humidity is 70% already. And if we get our daily afternoon shower, it'll probably get up to 80-90%.

Yeah humidity was the killer for me.

I misspoke, it's 25 miles from a dispensary for you to grow medically. In 2016 we had 2 recreational measures on the ballot that lost 48% to 52%. They/it lost because the pro-MJ idiots preparing the initiative wouldn't compromise with one another and end up putting out two measures to vote on along with a "no" vote. Needless to say their stupidity on dividing the yes votes on two initiatives guaranteed that neither measure would get more than 50% of the vote, much to the no voters delight and actually financial support I believe as well to keep it divided.

It's on there again this year as a single measure with some minor edits they hope help get it passed. It would allow 6 plants per person with a max of 12 per household. I'm not happy with only being able to possess an ounce and only 5 grams of which allowed to be concentrates but I'll take it.

If it will pass this time, recreational would start 4/5/2021. If there are no recreational stores the already in place medicinal shops can fill in. I just want to grow without going to prison, preferably as many plants as I want.

Shorty is within days of being chopped.
20200721_132043.jpg

20200721_132055.jpg

Image_2020-07-21 13_08_07_145~2.jpg

Image_2020-07-21 13_06_07_189~2.jpg

Image_2020-07-21 13_04_59_279~2.jpg

Image_2020-07-21 13_06_18_440~2.jpg

Image_2020-07-21 13_03_14_348~2.jpg

Image_2020-07-21 13_01_27_669~2.jpg

Image_2020-07-21 13_02_33_587~2.jpg

FYI that's water from the misters not resin sap juicing up the place.

The shorty is more skunky with citrus smell compared to the tall one that's a week behind and starting to foxtail. She smells sweet and ginger/herbal like. Time for me to start paying attention to them daily now under the microscope.

5 grams per gallon MC, times 2.5 gallons tonight for the big girl. The little one received 5 gallons of water from the hose until she had plenty of runoff, probably 2 gallons, followed by 1/2 gallon of the MC mix. That's it, that's all she gets. Last meal for Plant #1, she will get covered tomorrow night or early Friday morning before the sun comes up, and then chopped on Saturday morning. #2 will probably come down on schedule, 65 days.

About 5 days ago I pruned out a small branch from the midsection of the plant when I saw trichromes start turning cloudy as a tester. It had been slow drying ever since in the refrigerator. Today I trimmed the branch and clipped one of the smaller buds off to dry a bit quicker than the rest. I think she will be dry enough for a wake and bake tomorrow. The rest has a few days longer to dry.
20200722_134156.jpg

If this is the larf of the larf (plus a week under developed), I'm excited for the rest of Plant #1. Plant #2 needs to put on weight with her foxtailing or she's getting made into gummies with the trimmings.

It could be a lot better considering the hell these ladies endured living their entire lives in scorching 100F+ weather and very little humidity. As for Kannabia Seeds GPAs, I'm unsure if the plant size difference (15" vs 30") is because of extreme conditions or weak hybrid genetics. That being said and that being the worst of it, these ladies have been by far the easiest to grow in probably the least ideal conditions with minimum supervision, 10/10 on that alone. I would recommend them for a first timer or someone struggling to grow. I won't judge them based on "as advertised" claims simply because of how they have been grown. The Purple Kush (photo) I have growing as a mother in more ideal conditions will help me determine Kannabia's status in my books a little better. Once they are harvested and a good cure I'll happily judge them on taste and high.

So the wake and bake went alright the other morning. Nothing special to report. Plant #1 went into like deprivation 24hrs ago and getting the chop tomorrow sometime. This is her now.
20200724_194946.jpg

20200724_195005.jpg

Her sister looking lonely, larfy, and foxtailing.
20200724_200250.jpg

Back
Top Bottom