@OGpapa thank you, yeah I bought another light today, it'll be here this week. I've been scoping out the attic. Gonna clean it up and found a could be ninja-rigged makeshift tent.. lol.. idk I'll mess w the idea. However... There's definitely potential in this room!!
20240302_164014.jpg
20240302_164104.jpg
20240302_164045.jpg
20240302_164200.jpg
20240302_164059.jpg
Proper wiring with smoke detectors first. :Namaste:
Then massive grow room. :thumb:
It’s perfect.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Had some surprise guests show up last night, they were all excited when they saw the plants. Idk, is anyone else weird about selling their personal seeds too? Not like I have a shortage.. however, I wouldn't sell them any seeds. 😆 So with some negotiating and a good deal I parted with 2 of the sprouts, so adue mi amore oravwa. I can always sew some new ones. This opens the baby box up for the BJ's 💓

I've been scoping out the attic. Gonna clean it up and found a could be ninja-rigged makeshift tent.. lol.. idk I'll mess w the idea. However... There's definitely potential in this room!!
Other members have posted about problems with attic grows.

The biggest problem seems to be the temperatures. From late spring to mid fall the big one is the attic gets to hot. Then the rest of the year it is too cold. Often the insulation is between the ceiling joists for the room under the attic and not between the ceiling joists for the attic itself.

Others include getting water to the attic and often getting new electric service there to handle the lights and fans.

But, once those bugs are figured out the attic growers seem to have some spectacular gardens.

Maybe do several searches of this message board by clicking on the little magnifying glass and then using "attic" as the key word.

Other members have posted about problems with attic grows.

The biggest problem seems to be the temperatures. From late spring to mid fall the big one is the attic gets to hot. Then the rest of the year it is too cold. Often the insulation is between the ceiling joists for the room under the attic and not between the ceiling joists for the attic itself.

Others include getting water to the attic and often getting new electric service there to handle the lights and fans.

But, once those bugs are figured out the attic growers seem to have some spectacular gardens.

Maybe do several searches of this message board by clicking on the little magnifying glass and then using "attic" as the key word.
Thanks @SmokingWings I've got a bit of work to do up there for sure! Yeah the windows are in perfect north to east position so there's 100% sunshine morning to night. I was thinking about the water hauling... That'll suck. I might just turn it into the drying room. It would be great for it. I need to get some those gadgets that read the humidity and the other important things.

I run a govee, cheap, zon available. Bluetooth reading. No quirks pretty accurate long battery life. They have all kinds of smart home options. I like that I can reference minutes, weeks, months, years of info swipe of the screen. See exactly what happened or when.

Screenshot_20240307_110738_Govee Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240307_110748_Govee Home.jpg
Oh that looks so much easier than my silly plan. I was gonna make a little pallet on the floor and spend the night up there, ☺️
I will definitely be looking into your method, it's probably more reliable too.

Pretty sure that's for clothes
It is. I could line it with aluminum foil and put a solid bottom on it. I'm not sure about using it tho at the same time. Plastic doesn't breathe very well. I would definitely be alternating it.
As for the room, I've been looking at things like foam board. It's not hard doing putting up walls. Foam board is a lot easier than drywall!!

It is. I could line it with aluminum foil and put a solid bottom on it. I'm not sure about using it tho at the same time. Plastic doesn't breathe very well. I would definitely be alternating it.
As for the room, I've been looking at things like foam board. It's not hard doing putting up walls. Foam board is a lot easier than drywall!!
More flammable also

More flammable also
Damn, you're right. 🤔
Even having house insurance I wouldn't want to have to wait for my house to be rebuilt and the risks of losing pets and people and I can't replace pictures of those that have graduated to heaven. You're so right. I might not do the attic thing, maybe the attic should be turned into a curing/game room. 😇

Damn, you're right. 🤔
Even having house insurance I wouldn't want to have to wait for my house to be rebuilt and the risks of losing pets and people and I can't replace pictures of those that have graduated to heaven. You're so right. I might not do the attic thing, maybe the attic should be turned into a curing/game room. 😇
Most home insurance will not cover a fire or damage from growing marijuana because of federal stipulations. There are a few that will have the under writers add it to the policy. But that's only if disclosed up front.
.gray area. Of local and federal law and regulations.

Most home insurance will not cover a fire or damage from growing marijuana because of federal stipulations. There are a few that will have the under writers add it to the policy. But that's only if disclosed up front.
.gray area. Of local and federal law and regulations.
Oh yeah no, you'd see me making all evidence of having any kind of growing disappear ✨like magic ✨

Oh yeah no, you'd see me making all evidence of having any kind of growing disappear ✨like magic ✨
Unfortunately when there's a fire in the home. The first responders will have live feed and pictures from the scene. But I can see you trying to slide all your stuff out the back doors.

Back
Top Bottom