Picking Up A New Hobby! 4x4x6.5 Indoor Tent

Did you water them on Monday? They look to be recovering well.

So Saturday the 14th watered with nutes 1st time {believed to use too many nutes...over did it}

Watered the 17th with just regular water as the leaf's were turning yellow

Watered on the 19th about 2 1/2 red solo cups of water with nutes for 1 gallon:

2ml Calimag mixed in first
1ml Micro Mixed Second
1ml Grow mixed Third
.5ml Bloom
The first time I did the nutes I think my conversion was off I did a mix for 3 gallons which was unnecessary as I didn't use nearly that much, I also believe I may of mixed them in the wrong order the first time too.

lol learning experience

Here are some stats for temps

2020-11-19 16.26.59.1310.jpg

The AC Infinity Controller 67 is pretty sweet. It has alot of awesome features my favorite by far is the TRANSITION TEMP. I have mine set for +2 that means if my high is set to 79 and my fan is defaulted to run at speed 3 if the temp hits 80 the fan will ramp up 1 speed to speed 4 if it goes to 81 it will go another speed up until my max of speed 10. really cool stuff

Wish it had a web based app where i could check it remotely it only works while you are near the location via bluetooth. Still really cool. I will say before i had this fan tent temps were 82-86 this fan at speed 3 for the most part keeps my tent amazingly cool Props to @multiVortex for the recommendation. And yes i didnt have to get the controller version you would be totally fine without it but i work in tech and love this shit lol. I also had a coupon code from Mr. Canucks Grow: CANUCK15 saved me some cash!! so I said screw it and upgraded lol :volcano-smiley:
2020-11-19 16.27.20.3020.jpg

I was looking into the raspberry pis and shit have you messed around with any of that? For monitoring?

I was also looking at that Pulse Grow seems pretty legit

Looked into a little, and I could do some fun shit with them, but I dunno. Mainly because I already have monitors on all my solutions, hygrometers out the wing wang, etc.

But yet, I’ve still looked and pondered a few ideas.

Todays watering was CaliMag and Water only. Looking for advice I just germinated some GMO x Gwiz seeds. Can I keep them in the tent under the lights that's about on 50% intensity I'm worried its to much would you agree or disagree?

2020-11-21 15.32.07.7730.jpg
2020-11-21 15.32.10.1930.jpg
2020-11-21 15.32.43.8890.jpg
2020-11-21 15.32.44.6960.jpg
2020-11-21 15.32.00.6270.jpg

Hey @MrDabFace

I also work in tech!! Seems my exhaust fan is dying.. damn vivosun 4 inch inline.. I've had it for 1 month and it's already rattling.

I think I'm going to wishlist that ac infinity fan w/ controller

I'm really interested in electrical engineering and I love your raspberry Pi idea. I agree about web based app and cloud synchronization... Would be a cool project.

Remote watering system and monitoring could be really cool for a more hands off experience. Mixing nutrients would be hard to automate without manual cleaning and stuff.

Hey @MrDabFace

I also work in tech!! Seems my exhaust fan is dying.. damn vivosun 4 inch inline.. I've had it for 1 month and it's already rattling.

I'm really interested in electrical engineering and I love your raspberry Pi idea. I agree about web based app and cloud synchronization... Would be a cool project.

Remote watering system and monitoring could be really cool for a more hands off experience. Mixing nutrients would be hard to automate without manual cleaning and stuff.

So I have been really thinking about this. I think it can be done with equipment already out there today. I think the PI idea there is already something out there i have seen some people on Reddit talking about it.

But Check This....

So there is this controller on the saltwater side its called Neptune Apex: Can be seen here
apexel-neptune-systems-title.jpg

This controller can do a multitude of things and is web based! Lets start with the PH monitor. So it has a PH Prob that it comes with you could put this in your water reservoir and this could monitor the ph. They also have a LAB GRADE Ph Probe: Can be seen here.

So this would be the PH part. Now lets talk about mixing Nutes

Thats were this guy comes in:
dos-frontal1_1200_1.jpg

The DOS Dosing and Fluid Metering System!! : Can be seen here!

You could get lets say 3 of these the 1 could dose calmag, part 1 of lets say General Hydroponics {GH}. The second doser could run Part 2 and Part 3 of GH. The last doser would run PH up or PH down.

Now how it would work you could do it a couple different ways. This thing can slowly dose over the whole day or you could dose at one time.

and it runs off simple IF, THEN statements.

So you could do: IF 2pm dose calimag for 2ml. after this doses you can have a pump or powerhead setup in the bucket. you can plug that into the main neptune and you can say at 2:02pm {lets assume we dose in 2 min} the neptune can say turn on powerhead for 2 minutes. This will mix calimag. Then at 2:06pm mix in part 1 of GH. After that drips in put the powerhead back on for 2 minutes to mix up the stuff. And you can do this for the rest of the nutes

Then you can setup another pump that pumps that to the plants you could setup a splitter that runs to eaach pot. You would have to time or figure out a way to stop the watering. You could easliy say turn on the water and run for 3 minutes or whatever you deem enough time i know this changes often so this could be hard but its def a start.

For example this is my dashboard for my tank. It even will take in water samples and run them through ALK, CA, and MG testing throughout the day.

Not sure if thats important in the plants but you could def read that. would be a little bit harder because you would need it constantly in a water source so probably good for Deep water or the water grows where you have a main water source container.

:bongrip::bongrip::bongrip:
1606090067704.png

Hey @MrDabFace

Get that AC Infinity shit is unreal how quite and how much air is pulls through! its nuts i love mine and had a couple friends grab them they love it!

Hey @MrDabFace

oh and if you bought taht fan on amazon theres a chance you can still refund it lol possibly might be worth looking into haha

When they legalized things in Canada, I told my wife I need a new hobby. Said I was going to try. We talked about it and said I need to treat it as a science. I am all in or not at all. Just like you I found the costs kept adding up. The good news, You only need to buy most stuff once. I bought blurple lights then set about building my own. I used the blurps for 2 weeks and they have sat in boxes for 2 years now. Going to surprise the step kid with a set of lights for Xmas.

When they legalized things in Canada, I told my wife I need a new hobby. Said I was going to try. We talked about it and said I need to treat it as a science. I am all in or not at all. Just like you I found the costs kept adding up. The good news, You only need to buy most stuff once. I bought blurple lights then set about building my own. I used the blurps for 2 weeks and they have sat in boxes for 2 years now. Going to surprise the step kid with a set of lights for Xmas.

haha yeah I knew going into it the lights were not what I needed but I didn't foresee me taking this deep dive {I should of known lol} That's what nice is that hopefully I will only need to buy these items just once and I should be good. I will say I shouldn't of went with a cheap tent. This thing is shedding and I can see some light leaks ill get them covered up but I should of went with a nice tent lol. But here's my messed up thought process.....

Ill buy a nice 4x4 tent use that for my flower tent and use this shitty 4x4 for clones and seedlings lol hahahaha more $$$$$ But I'm running out of room and my wife wants her room back hahahah

So I'm thinking installing a Gas powered heater in the garage lol. We have a gas line right there that should keep the tents warmer in the winter then use a independent AC unit for the summer times? Just more shit I need to buy and do lol. But like you said I want to be all in not half ass it.

giphy.gif

I have a yield labs cheapo tent, I see a couple small pinholes on the outside and that's it. I had my wife zip me up in it during the day. IT WAS BLACK inside. I could not see any light. I also put a small ceramic heater in the tent with an external controller. I sleep in the same room and I keep a window open. I have a phone book over the heater vent to stop heat from warming my room. I like a cold room.

Yeah I put a metal sign and some wood over my vent in the room to keep the heat out when she runs the heater. Seems to be working great. The think I'm looking at now is fans. I have these 2 fans they take up so much freaking room. Was thinking about buying a tower fan

what fans are you running I see in your second grow I see one clip on fan. I have the

Hurricane HGC736520 Classic Series Clip Fan, 6", 6", White

1664576786690.png

and then a tall fan and a small desktop fan was thinking maybe getting rid of the desktop and tall fan replacing it with a tower fan. Trying to find a tower fan that has actual buttons and not a controller so I can plug it into a smart outlet and turn it off and on remotely.

Sounds like a few of us should get together and talk. Just sayin.

I’d take the network and web stack design/build/code, just sayin. :3.

Sounds like a few of us should get together and talk. Just sayin.

I’d take the network and web stack design/build/code, just sayin. :3.

Im in anything I can do to make it happen I'm and I.T. Administrator with little coding experience lol I understand the basics but thats about it took some classes but wasnt my thing.

I have a webserver if we need one I do website design as my side hustle

We’d need someone to do the raspPI stuff. Probably a compatible app that can be installed and updated to handle the sensors and equipment.

I’ll get a pm to you in the next day or two so we don’t distract from the topic at hand.

Back
Top Bottom