Picking Up A New Hobby! 4x4x6.5 Indoor Tent

I just don’t know what the next few days or weeks hold for me right now, and I’m just finding this out late tonight.

Needless to say, there are plenty of folks around that can keep you floating if I can’t make it around as often.

11.10.20 Cam Update
2020-11-10 17.57.03.9910.jpg

Things seem to be looking well at least from the plant side. Can someone see something I cant where the plant has a deficiency or anything like that? I know there is this huge push to get my out of my medium now but to be honest things have been looking good. {At least from the looks of things}

Again this is from an amateur's point of view maybe I'm missing something?

I was thinking why not just take a clone off this plant and plant that in the new medium and I can run each side by side? Idk I think the gist of everyone was that down the road its going to be a pain in the ass. But so far following the manufactures instructions it seems to be doing well? :hmmmm:

Just a random thought floating around in my head I'm sure there is a reason to switch this out....

:bongrip:

2020-11-10 17.59.13.7340.jpg

2020-11-10 17.59.18.1020.jpg

2020-11-10 17.59.23.2130.jpg

2020-11-10 17.59.29.6220.jpg

2020-11-10 17.59.42.1360.jpg

2020-11-10 17.59.45.6320.jpg

Still have the light turned down as my tent gets super hot hoping the new AC Infinity T6 helps cool things down!

2020-11-10 17.59.49.4080.jpg

2020-11-10 17.59.58.1960.jpg

The clone in the larger pot appears to have a magnesium deficiency.
Also looks pretty dry.

Okay once that new medium comes ill just transplant it. Will it be okay for a few days until I get nutes in to just feed it water when its dry. I think the nutes were showing up a little later then medium.

I was told by mfg to water, then let it get dry and water again when its dry. I would have to check with the moisture meter but from the lift test it seemed like there was still some water in there. I can double check.

Actually the medium and air flow system should be in tomorrow with nutes arriving : Arriving Nov 16 - Nov 19

heya friend,, my two bits iffin ya don't mind..

bit one,, watering still looks like an issue,, tho the plant is standing up nicely,,,, it is tuf to water a smallish plant in a big pot, but can be done

bit two,, that light is much too far away from those plants,, even and perhaps especially the wee ones

even cutting with no roots on them at all can take a lot of light, and a lot means near max.

i learned this science recently,,

cheers,, karma sent friend

bit one,, watering still looks like an issue,, tho the plant is standing up nicely,,,, it is tuf to water a smallish plant in a big pot, but can be done

bit two,, that light is much too far away from those plants,, even and perhaps especially the wee ones

even cutting with no roots on them at all can take a lot of light, and a lot means near max.

Okay cool yeah I was going by the mfg guidelines but let me move it down a bit. I cant wait until tomorrow when i can hopefully up the lights with this new air system.

When I transplant this clone into the new medium shuould i keep it in a small red solo cup or put it in the 5 gal smart pots. I dont really have anything inbetween.

For the moment im just going with this watering scheudle or following this a a guideline

1605056796605.png

ill be changing all of this come tomorrow I believe when the new medium comes in.

ah you were right the lights were almost 40 inches off the tops of the clone. HLG suggest 32 inch off canopy at 50% in Veg and 100% at 18-24 inch in flower.

Moved the lights down to around 32 and upped the power just a bit

one tip about watering a wee plant in a big pot

one must water out away from the plant as this soil must have some moisture for the roots to seek out. and finding the right balance of water away from the plant and around the plant and also below the plant can be tricky. but certainly can be done.

no need to water all the way to pot edge right away,, get there over time,, as the plant grows

and one hundred percent know what a dry pot feels like,, critical. cuz you need to be there every time between waterings

I pretty much have always planted a germinated seed directly into my 25 gallon pot.
Never had a single problem.
But I am growing in a Living Organic Soil with a cover crop and very good soil tilth.
The only critical time when in a good soil is the first week.
I usually water small amounts several times a day with super oxygenated water so the roots get lots of oxygen.

If you're in heavy soil without cover crop, plastic pots, not enough aeration etc then its a bit tougher.

one tip about watering a wee plant in a big pot

one must water out away from the plant as this soil must have some moisture for the roots to seek out. and finding the right balance of water away from the plant and around the plant and also below the plant can be tricky. but certainly can be done.

no need to water all the way to pot edge right away,, get there over time,, as the plant grows

and one hundred percent know what a dry pot feels like,, critical. cuz you need to be there every time between waterings

Okay shit is so crazy its like this article is going against the grain

completely opposite of everything everyone else does:

1605058868185.png

But the first time I did water I followed the proper water to water article

The next couple times I only watered the center still letting the medium right before dry on the meter and watering again usually every 3-4 days.

You think ill be okay for a week or so to just do water until the GH nutes come in? should be okay right.

Okay cool yeah I was going by the mfg guidelines but let me move it down a bit. I cant wait until tomorrow when i can hopefully up the lights with this new air system.

When I transplant this clone into the new medium shuould i keep it in a small red solo cup or put it in the 5 gal smart pots. I dont really have anything inbetween.

For the moment im just going with this watering scheudle or following this a a guideline

1605056796605.png

ill be changing all of this come tomorrow I believe when the new medium comes in.
i did not see this sched,,

seriously,, one can not, imo, schedule this way. water well, let dry, repeat.

now,, learn to water well

and next use your patience to wait till the pot is dry,,

then repeat

one thing,, my opinion is on watering only,, nothing at all mentioned about fertilizing. whole other topic.

Them pics a cpl post up look just right. watered a bit away from the stalk working towatds the edge as plant grows.

PPlants will be fine till you can fert,, then, easy does it with ferting. remembering it takes near two weeks to see any affects at all. slow and steady every time friend

KKarma sent

Quick little update. Moved the plants over to the new medium Pro mix HP. And did a little bit of watering. waiting a few and will check the container to see if water has made it way to the bottom if not ill add a little bit more water and wait. At this time also turned the lights up to about 50% Just waiting for the AC T6 to come in to help with ventilation and I made some changes to the room to help with air flow.

2020-11-11 14.20.29.5290.jpg
2020-11-11 14.20.38.6690.jpg
2020-11-11 14.21.21.2040.jpg
2020-11-11 14.21.22.9890.jpg

When you start out with fresh soil it should be absolutely SOAKED until all of the soil is non hydrophobic.
If you just barely water bone ass dry soil then you will have lots of dry spots repelling water.
In fact I would water with a wetting agent like either Aloe vera or Yucca extract in order to get the soil to take in the water.

When you start out with fresh soil it should be absolutely SOAKED until all of the soil is non hydrophobic.
If you just barely water bone ass dry soil then you will have lots of dry spots repelling water.
In fact I would water with a wetting agent like either Aloe vera or Yucca extract in order to get the soil to take in the water.

Okay I can go up there and give it more water no problem. I was going to say it hasnt come through yet and i feel like im using way to much water just dont want to overwater. I have an aloe plant in my house are you saying cut a branch off cut the insides out and mix it in with the water?

Back
Top Bottom